Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Broken monotony (Aikoku Ryuu)

Started by Anonymous, March 18, 2008, 06:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The day had been very, very strange. Full of very, very weird people. And it was hardly noon yet. Slumping against the rough wood of the rooms door, the rabbit boy let out a small sigh, "I vote that we don't open this door for anyone other then Mara. All day. Well, and potentially for food."

Strange murdering puppet demon women with reappearing/disappearing fiance's, walking, talking skeletons and naked necromancers all in the span of a few hours was a bit much for Jovan. He had finally grabbed Mara and Lysael and gotten a room to hide in.

Mara had gone out to check out the market place a few minutes ago. Which worries Jovan a bit. He turned his attention to the teenage boy who was sharing the room with him, "Do you think Mara will be okay? What if she runs into more insane people?"

Anonymous

Lysael laid sprawled out on the bed, staring at the ceiling as he listened to Jovan talk.  He was absolutely not thinking about what had happened earlier this morning.  No way.  Lys had his limits, just like any other sane being. He'd waved half heartedly at Mara when she left, perfectly content to stay in here.

He scooted over to the side of the bed and peeked over the edge at Jovan.  The unicorn shrugged.  "Long as she doesn't run into those people-" Still not thinking about that! "-she should be alright."  More crazy people? Oi...  Lys just shut his eyes.  "I dunno."  Mara was a grown woman, she should be just fine...right?

((OOC: Gonna hold off on Mara's posts til she shows back up in the room, if that's alright with you.))

Anonymous

Jovan moved to flop down next to Lysael on the bed, giving a loud sigh, "You know, I can't imagine that this is typical behavior for Ketra. It can't be. I refuse to believe."

He rolled onto his side, facing Lysael, "You aren't going to go all crazy on me, are you?" He didn't think the teenager was, but after today, anything was possible.

(OOC: That's fine by me ^.^)

Anonymous

Lysael narrowed his eyes, glaring up at the ceiling through his bangs. "It isn't.    Last time I was here, there weren't any crazy murdering demons, or," Still not thinking about that!  He refused.  No way. "things... running around."

He glanced over at the rabbit as Jovan rolled to face him.  ...There went that blush again, and Jovan wasn't even flirting with him.  Dammit.  Well, at least it wasn't glaringly obvious this time.  "I don't plan on going crazy anytime soon."  Yeah. Half a year living in total isolation after that had gotten Lys as close to crazy as he was ever going to get.

Anonymous

Jovan reached over, brushing some of Lysael's hair out of his face. Then he grinned, "Are you blushing again pretty boy? Thinking about crazy naked necromancers?"

He was finally starting to relax a bit. There was something comfortable about Lysael. He liked being around him. And he was so fun to tease.

Anonymous

Lys rolled over, away from Jovan...he was fine with Jovan messing with his hair, but not his bangs.  The last thing he wanted right now was for the rabbit to brush aside his hair and uncover his horn.  The teen knew darn well it would raise questions.  Ones he wasn't willing to answer.  And he liked laying here and relaxing.  "..I don't like it when people mess with my bangs."  He muttered, and hoped Jovan would just leave it at that.

Then what the rabbit said sank in.  Oh.  Ew.  He made a face, then looked over his should at the other boy.  "That's disgusting.  Really.  And I'm not blushing."  That wasn't exactly the most subtle lie he'd told, but whatever.  ...Said blush just got a little deeper.  Oh yeah.  He wasn't blushing, alright.

Anonymous

"Oh. You're cheeks are just red then?" Jovan didn't seem bothered when Lysael moved away. He just let his hand drop to the bed.

At the boy's expression of disgust Jovan laughed, "Hey. I wont judge you. You can like whatever it is you want to like."

The rabbit kicked his shoes off, then pulled his legs up to his chest as he studied Lysael, "But seriously, are you doing okay? Today's been a bit weird. With, you know, attempted rape and murder and crazy people."

Anonymous

Lysael just rolled his eyes at the rabbit.  Like whatever he wanted to like, indeed.  At least the blush was fading now.  Though..He had a feeling if he stuck around Jovan much longer, he'd be stuck with a permanent blush.  That'd be just great.

He rolled back over, trying to get a little more comfortable, and cringed when Jovan brought the morning's events up.  He'd been trying to avoid thinking about that.  Unpleasant memories and all.  He curled up a little and shut his eyes.  "I guess."  At least Mara wasn't in here to bug him about it, too.

Anonymous

"Hey, I'm sorry." Jovan reached over, touching Lysael's cheek, "I didn't mean to bring up something upsetting." He scooted closer, his expression concerned, "We can talk about something else. Like...ummm....how long are you staying in Ketra?"

Anonymous

Lys relaxed, stretching out as Jovan scooted closer.  Maybe it was just the fact that the unicorn didn't feel nervous at all around the boy, maybe it was the way he flirted shamelessly one moment and was so considerate the next, or something else.  Whatever it was, Lysael felt so relaxed and content with the rabbit next to him.  And that little voice that had been screaming at him to not drop his guard, was being oddly quiet now.

It was so easy to accept Jovan's apologies, and just forget about what happened.  How long was he staying?  Lysael shrugged one shoulder, watching the boy through half closed eyes.  "I dunno.  Whenever I want to, I guess.  What about you?"  In truth, Lysael would probably follow Jovan whenever the painter left.

Anonymous

It helped that pretty much everything about Jovan screamed harmless. He grinned at Lysael, nuzzling closer. He was glad the boy wasn't mad at him. He was going to have to learn where all the boundaries were.

"Me? I tend to wonder around. I get itchy feet. And I like finding new things to paint and sketch. Like pretty white haired boys. And cute curly haired girls with rather nice breasts."

Anonymous

It also helped that Lysael just couldn't seem to get honestly mad at Jovan.  A little irritated maybe, but not truly mad.  He let his eyes drift shut as Jovan got a little closer.  As long as the rabbit left his bangs alone, then things were fine.

He could understand the wanderlust.  "Yeah.  I never liked staying in one place for too long."  That next comment actually got the unicorn to grin a little.  Yeah, he knew Mara was pretty, but really, the rabbit was shameless.  So Jovan was an artist.  And he was a thief.  Quite the noble occupation.  Mara would have a fit...he wasn't so sure about Jovan.  Ah well.  It didn't bother him much.

Anonymous

Shameless could easily have been Jovan's middle name. And Jovan carefully left Lysael's bangs alone as he kept moving closer. He was cuddly by nature and was just going to keep testing how close he got to get.

Resting his chin on the boy's head, Jovan nodded, "Yeah. The world is far to interesting to stay in one city. Where were you planning on going next?" If Mara and Lysael would let him, he would tag along.

Anonymous

Okay, maybe that was a little close.  Lysael tensed up, and lifted one hand, intending to nudge Jovan away a little...but this wasn't bad, really.  Lys just wasn't used to people getting this close to him.  Relaxing again, he let his hand fall back to the mattress.  Yeah Jovan was pushing the boundaries a bit, but nothing was happening.  ...He'd missed cuddling, really.

Listening to Jovan's voice, he paused for a moment to think.  Lys honestly didn't know where he was going next.  He did everything on the spur of the moment, the only planning ahead he did was to make sure they had enough supplies.  "I dunno.  Someplace where crazy people won't follow us, I guess."

Anonymous

Despite being attracted to the teenager, Jovan could tell that he had a few issues of the sexual nature. So he was quite happy to just cuddle with him. With Jovan this close, Lysael could hear his heartbeat was very, very fast. Twice as fast as most peoples were.

"Well, that will be rather hard to find. But as that sounds like a paradise, I may just have to follow you then. If you and Mara don't mind."

Anonymous

Well, that was weird.  He tilted his head to the side, listening to the sound of Jovan's heartbeat.  Why was it so fast?  Not that his was exactly slow right now.  He could feel his own heart, beating away in his chest, just a little faster than normal.  Nothing compared to how fast Jovan's was beating though.

Lys chuckled a little at Jovan's words.  "It'd be worth it, having the peace and quiet.  And I don't mind you coming with us.  Mara probably won't either.  She likes having people around to talk to and stuff."

Anonymous

"She's nice to talk too." Jovan grinned. He liked both of his new friends, quite a bit. He tilted his head, looking down at Lysael, "What is your relationship with her? Just friends? Lovers? Wish you were lovers?"

He like both of them, but he didn't want to step on any toes with his flirting.

Anonymous

Lys just blinked a few times, caught off guard by the rather direct question.  "We're just friends.  Like I said, she drives me crazy sometimes."  He snuggled against Jovan, making himself comfortable.  "She reminds me of my sister, actually."

He wsn't exactly sure how he felt about Mara, really.  Yeah, she drove him nuts, and he'd have his little fits and disappear for days, but... the teen had never been able to resist the urge to return.

Anonymous

Jovan grinned, "Ah, that's good then." The rabbit's hand came up to idly stroke Lysael's hair, "Though I think I would run as far as I could in the other direction if I found someone who reminded me of my sister."

He chuckled, "All the woman in my family are scary. Not that I don't love them."

Anonymous

Letting out a sigh of contentment, Lysael relaxed.  He wanted Jovan to come with them, whenever they left Ketra.  For now, however, the teen was happy to stay here.

He smiled at little at Jovan's statement.  His own family was so laid back.  Though his sister liked to get all over protective of her precious little brother.  He missed them, yet he didn't dare return.  At least out here, he could hide what he was, and everything that happened.  Back home...they'd all know something had happened to him, and Lys had never been any good at lying to his mother.  Besides, out here he had Mara, and Jovan now, to keep him company. "What's the rest of your family like?"