Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Broken monotony (Aikoku Ryuu)

Started by Anonymous, March 18, 2008, 06:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Hmmm...well, I have tons of cousins and aunts and uncles and the like. My mom is far scarier then my sister any day. She wears that pants in my family, let me tell you. But she is really wonderful. And loves everyone. My sister is just like her."

Jovan chewed on his lower lip, his nose twitching as he thought, "My dad and brother are pretty relaxed. You kind of have to be to deal with my mother. Not a lot fazes them. He loves the farm life." The rabbit shuddered, "I couldn't stand it. Far to dirty.

"What about your family? What are they like?"

Anonymous

Lysael smiled a little.  "My dad's the same.  Real laid back.  And he likes to grow stuff, too. He's got a little garden behind the house.  My mom's really just...I dunno, nothing ever seems to faze her.  She's a healer."  And Lys had had the same abilities, til his horn had been broken, cutting him off from his magic.  He stretched out a bit, yawning.  "My sister's kinda high-strung.  She gets irritated easily, and well...she's a big sister.  Likes to look after everyone.  I haven't seen them in a while, though."  A while being three years.  Who knew how much they'd changed since then.

Anonymous

"Sounds like our families have a bit in common." The rabbit's eyes started to close. He felt warm and comfortable and relaxed, curled up with Lysael like this, "You know, you never did tell me if you would be willing to let me draw you."

Not that a no would have stopped Jovan. He just would have to be stealthy about it.

Anonymous

"Yeah."  Lysael snuggled against Jovan and closed his eyes.  "And I don't mind you drawing me."  He was starting to fall asleep now, and didn't mind it one bit.  It really was nice, being able to relax like this and not worry about something happening because he'd dropped his guard.

Anonymous

Jovan nodded, "Good..." He was starting to drift off. Today had been a bit stressful already. And it felt nice cuddling Lysael.

He yawned, "I think....'m gonna fall asleep." His eyes felt rather heavy and he was already drifting off.

(OOC: Want to skip ahead to Mara coming back and waking them up? Or something else? As I assume they'll just fall asleep for a bit?)

Anonymous

((OOC: I was planning on it.))

Lysael just nodded sleepily.  Mara would be back soon, Jovan was right here (and really nice to cuddle with), and the crazy people were away from them.  The teen yawned again and shifted around a bit, getting comfortable...

Unlocking the door, Mara slipped inside silently, peeking around the room as she closed and relocked the door.  Spotting Lysael and Jovan curled up on the bed together, she grinned.  They looked rather adorable like that.  

Setting two little paper bags down on the table, she walked over to bed.  As Lys shifted in his sleep, wrapping an arm around the rabbit's shoulders, Mara wondered if she should wake them.  "Hey you two."  She spoke in a soft voice.

Anonymous

(OOC: Perfect! ^.^)

Jovan blinked sleepily. He was still a little groggy, trying to focus on Mara's face. When his brain managed to catch up, he grinned up at her, "Hello pretty lady. How was the shopping? Any crazies?"

Anonymous

Lysael grumbled sleepily.  He rolled over and curled up, muttering, "Five more minutes..."

Mara laughed lightly at the duo.  "It went just fine.  No crazies."  She walked over to table and picked up the two bags, returned, and sat on the edge of the bed.  "I'm assuming you're a vegetarian like Lys," She held out one bag, offering it to Jovan.  "So I picked up some fruit for you guys. It's not much, just a few apples."  She grinned at him, holding the other bag close to her.  "And I found a little silver bracelet."

Anonymous

"And a revealing dress that shows off some leg?" Jovan looked up at Mara rather hopefully as he sat up, trying to disturb Lysael as little as possible. He took the bag from Mara, setting in next to him and fishing an apple out, "Thanks!"

He took a bite, savoring the sweet taste, "And yeah. Rabbits don't really eat meat. Ate some accidentally once in a pie and I was sick all day. Not very fun. Or sexy."

Anonymous

"I couldn't find a good dress I could actually afford."  Mara sighed.  She grinned at the rabbit as he thanked her.  Leaning across the bed, she reached out and tugged lightly on Lysael's tail.  "Haven't you had enough beauty sleep already?"

The teen reached behind him, grabbed his tail, and pulled it out of Mara's reach.  Still holding the tufted end of his tail, Lys scooted backwards until he was lying right up next to Jovan again.  "Leave my tail 'lone, Mara."

Anonymous

"Damn. Curse my misfortune. I shall just have to imagine it then." The artists face relaxed, his eyes staring off into space. He gave a small, happy sigh, "Ah...lovely."

A shake of his head and he was smiling again, "Yeah Mara. Leave his tail 'lone." Jovan then reached over, tugging lightly on Lysael's tail, "Feeling better?"

Anonymous

Mara just shook her head at the rabbit's antics, and laughed as he tugged on Lys's tail like she had done.  "I take it you two had a good nap?"

Lysael just blinked as Jovan tugged on his tail, then glanced over his shoulder at the painter, and sighed.  "Yeah."  He stretched and sat up, letting go of his tail.  

((OOC: Dx Braindead.))

Anonymous

"I had a great nap. Full of nice dreams. Jovan took another bite of his apple. He loved fruit. Today was starting to look like it might be salvageable. As long as no undead and/or demons showed up.

Jovan waved the apple in front of Lysael, "Hey, lovely, Mara brought fruit."

Anonymous

Mara grinned and nodded.  "That's good.  So, are you two just planning on lazing around the rest of the day?"

Lysael's eyes crossed briefly as Jovan waved the apple in front of him.  He
blinked, reached around the rabbit, and retrieved an apple from the bag.  Leaning back against Jovan, he munched on the fruit, shrugging in response to Mara's question.  Lys didn't mind lazing around all day.  Or anything else, if Jovan had something different in mind.

Anonymous

Jovan chewed has apple thoughtfully, making a small, "Hmmm." sound. He hadn't really thought much about his plans for the day. He finally shrugged, "Honestly, I have no idea." He grinned at Mara, "Everything that happened earlier just kind of threw me."

He paused to lick some juice that was starting to drip down his hand, "I can't say I mind finding something to do or mind spending all day in bed."

Anonymous

Mara just chuckled at Jovan.  "Yeah, I can understand that.  This morning was just...not normal."

Lysael nodded absentmindedly in agreement, then glanced over at Jovan.  "You said something about drawing earlier.  Though I don't mind spending all day in bed, either."

Anonymous

"As tempting as getting to spend all day in bed with a lovely boy is, I never like to miss the opportunity to paint new subjects." Jovan grinned at Mara, "Lysael already said yes to it, but would you mind letting me paint you two?"

The artist moved back a little so he could lean his back against the wall, "We can figure out a nice place to set it, if that's alright. Then we can lounge around all day while I sketch?"

Anonymous

Lysael paid no attention to Jovan's flirting, simply scooting back with the rabbit so he could continue leaning on the him.  It was comfortable, leaning on the other boy.

"I don't mind at all."  Mara was a little amused at how Lys seemed to be so attached to Jovan.  "What'd you have in mind?"  They looked cute together, really, but she refrained from saying so.  Didn't want to upset Lys by saying something like that.

Anonymous

Jovan's free hand reached over and started to absently stroke Lysael's hair, making sure to avoid the bangs. He didn't really notice how attached the boy was to him, enjoying the contact to much.

He finished off the apple, core and all, licking his fingers clean, "Well, do you two have a preference in location? Some type of place you're most comfortable? Outdoors? By water? A bookstore?"

Anonymous

Having finished his apple, Lysael tossed the core into the wastebasket, and snuggled a little close to Jovan, paying no attention to the way Mara had looked at them.  Had he seen that little smile, he probably would have paid it no heed, anyways.  He was too comfortable like this.

Mara tucked a stray curl behind her ear as considered Jovan's question.  Then she shrugged and smiled at him.  "I'm not sure.  I've never sat for a drawing before."  She glanced over at Lys, chuckling when the teen just shrugged his shoulders like she had.

((OOC: Sorry for the slowness, I'm working on a few scholarship essays.  Dx ))