Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Broken monotony (Aikoku Ryuu)

Started by Anonymous, March 18, 2008, 06:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The rabbit shook his head, "Don't think about where you think the picture would look best. Think about your favorite places to be." He kept his hand on Lysael's head, stroking his soft hair.

He noticed Mara's small smile, though he didn't quite get the reason behind it. He just wanted to get the sketches done where they were both comfortable and happy.

Anonymous

Heh.  They were oblivious, weren't they?  Mara hoped Jovan would be sticking around for a long time.  Ah, right, the picture.  "Umm... I know Lysael likes quiet places," she chuckled as the teen nodded, "and well..."  Mara preferred to be around people, lots of them, but she knew Lysael got too uneasy in situations like that.  The teen didn't much care for large groups.

But what about the library?  They'd spent most of yesterday there, the both of them happily absorbed in the books.  And it was quiet.  "What about the library?  It's just a short walk from here.  Er, I mean the other inn."  Yeah.  That was why they'd decided to stay at that inn.

Lysael nodded.  "Yeah.  The library sounds good."  He glanced up at Jovan.  "Would that work?"  He hoped it would.  It was quiet there, and he'd always enjoyed reading.  It was that curiousity that had lured him away from home in the first, and even after all that had happened, his longing for the legends and tales found in those old books had never lessened.

Anonymous

"That sounds perfect!" Jovan perked up, pleased with the idea. He liked the idea. The mental image he was forming was a good one, "I think I know where it is. I was thinking about looking through it. There can be some pretty neat drawings in some of the books."

He had never had a huge interest in books, but there were a few times that Jovan had lost himself in them. And he could understand the appeal of curling up in a chair and reading all day.

Anonymous

Lysael blink and stretched, then settled back against Jovan.  "So, you wanna go now?  Or later?  I don't mind either way."

Mara grinned.  "We were there yesterday.  And yeah, when do you want to go?"  She was a little excited with this idea now, and it showed in the way she smiled.

Anonymous

Jovan stretched carefully, not wanting to disturb Lysael too much, "Let's go now, see how things go. At the first sign of demons, undead, skeletons, what have you, we can run like mad. But I think we should be safe."

Getting to start sketching those two was a rather exciting idea. He wanted to get on it right away. And, plus, getting to see the Library was going to be interesting as well.

Anonymous

Somewhat reluctantly, Lysael sat up and moved off the bed, and started hunting around for his shoes.  He really would have liked to stay sitting there a while longer.  But going to the library would be enjoyable, and he could always curl back up with Jovan afterwards, right?  He hoped so.

Mara nodded.  "Well, once you two are ready, let's go.  I'm kinda looking forward to this."  She smiled at the boys, waiting patiently.  Getting to spend some time in the library would be nice.  Spending the time with Jovan and Lysael would make it even better.

Anonymous

Jovan slid off the bed, stretching again. Then he grinned at Mara, "Maybe while we're out I can find you that clingy, leg revealing dress I had so hoped for."

The rabbit began to pull his sandals on, lacing them around his ankle. He couldn't wait to start sketching those too. He hadn't found anything interesting to paint in ages.

Anonymous

Lysael just rolled his eyes at Jovan's flirting, as he got his shoes on.  And then he let an aggravated huff, feeling ridiculous for wanting to saunter back over to Jovan and be paid attention to again.  Really, what the heck was the matter with him?

She couldn't help the giggle she let out after Jovan mentioned finding a dress for her.  What a flirt.  Putting her hand on the doorknob, she glanced over at Lys as the teen made a frustrated noise, then shrugged.  "You guys ready?"

Anonymous

Jovan stood up, wiggling his toes, "Ready!"

His large ears couldn't help but pick up the sound of Lysael's huff, ans glanced over, grinning wildly, "I'm sorry. You feeling left out, Lovely?" He moved over to stand behind the teenager, wrapping his arms around his shoulders, "Don't worry! I haven't forgotten about you."

Jovan was utterly unserious, it was just so fun to make Lysael blush and get all flustered.

Anonymous

Mara just chuckled and opened the door, letting it swing shut behind her as she headed downstairs.  All that teasing might do Lys some good.  

Totally missing it when Mara walked out, Lysael turned bright red as Jovan suddenly hugged him from behind.  Right.  Rabbits had really good hearing.  Of course he'd hear him.  "I..I'm not..."  His voice wasn't exactly cooperating, so the teen just shut up  He was going to end up with some kind of permanent blush if Jovan kept this up, he was sure of it.

Anonymous

Jovan stood on his tiptoes and gave Lysael a light peck on the cheek, "Now, let's get going!"

Letting the blushing teenager go, Jovan grabbed his small travel bag that had his supplies in it. He swung it over his shoulder as he headed after Mara, looking quite pleased with himself.

Anonymous

For just a moment, Lysael stood frozen in place, wide-eyed and having a little trouble getting his brain to start working again.  And as the door shut, the noise seemed to snap the teen out of his trance.  Today's earlier blushes were nothing compared to this...Lys was certain his face was glowing.  His cheeks, all the way up to his forehead were bright red, and if the remnants of his horn had turned red as well, it would not have surprised the unicorn.

Looking behind her to see Jovan, Mara glanced around, then directed her attention to the rabbit again, a confused look on her face.  "Where's Lys?"  At that moment, the teen came down the stairs, hands jammed in his pockets, head down, trying to the blush on his face.   Noticing his shocked expression, Mara glanced back at Jovan.  "What'd you do to him?"  Not that she was mad.  Lysael didn't seem upset, just shocked.   Of course she wanted to know why the teen was blushing so brightly.

Anonymous

Jovan gave her a lock of comic innocence, batting his pale eyelashes, "Me? What makes you think I would have done anything?"

Then the rabbit grinned, "I just told him not to worry, I wasn't going to forget him. And gave him a little kiss." He leaned over, giving Mara a similar peck on her cheek, "Just like that."

Anonymous

Mara just shook her head.  "You're a tease, you know that?"

Lysael glanced back at the two, still blushing.  He felt...almost jealous when the rabbit flirted with Mara, and it made him feel stupid for feeling that way.  Gah...  "Can..." He hesitated for a second.  "Can we just get going now?"  And his blush hadn't faded one bit.

Mara had always been so at ease with people, and sometimes the teen envied her for that.  Guys flirting with her was nothing new, but for the first time, he actually felt jealous of his friend.  And it was bugging him, a lot.

Anonymous

Jovan just grinned wider, nodding at Mara, "Yup." Then he reached his hand back for Lysael, "Come on pretty. I haven't been to the library in years. You'll have to show me the way."

Anonymous

A shameless tease, she thought to herself.  Mara just grinned as Jovan went back to flirting with the other boy.  At least his antics were amusing.  It was a relief to the girl, to see Lysael finally relaxing and enjoying someone else's company.

Startled out of his thoughts by Jovan's voice, Lysael looked up, and nodded.  "Alright."  He slipped around the other two and headed down the stairs, glancing back to make sure they were following.  And he was still fighting with himself over feeling jealous of Mara.  He refused to sigh, or make any other kind of noise, not wanting Jovan or Mara to start asking him what was wrong.

Anonymous

That Jovan was. And he quite liked it that way. Sex was fun and he enjoyed doing it with people. And it made him happy to see people smiling and playing along with him.

And his sadistic streak loved Lysael and his blushes. He gave a small sigh when the teenager brushed past his hand and pouted at Mara, "It seems he is the kiss and run type. I kissed him and now he ignores me." He reached over, taking the girls hand, "Hopefully you wont be so cruel to me."

Anonymous

She grinned and gave Jovan's hand a light squeeze as she called to Lysael.  "Come on Lys, don't be like that."  She leaned a little closer to Jovan and whispered in a conspiratorial tone.  "Maybe that was his first kiss?"  She laughed a little as she moved away.  She was beginning to see why Jovan teased the boy.  It was kinda fun.

The teen glanced back to shoot a peeved look at the two. What else were they expecting him to do?  It almost looked like he was pouting as they walked through the door, but unless someone was walking right next to him, they wouldn't see it, with the way Lys had his head down.  Going to the library was starting to sound like a bad idea.  The unicorn really didn't want to see Jovan flirting with Mara even more.

And the more he thought about it, the more foolish he felt for wanting Jovan to pay attention to him only.  Of course they were going to get along and be friends, of course Jovan was going to pay attention to Mara too, and he was just being stupid.  But telling himself he was being stupid wasn't making the jealousy go away.

Anonymous

Jovan wasn't a mind reader, so he wasn't aware how much his flirting with Mara bothered Lysael. But as it was he continued to hold her hand, swinging it lightly, "It was just on his cheek. I would hope that wasn't worth being so upset over."

Unlike the teenager, Jovan was looking forward to going to the library even more now. Plenty of time to tease the poor boy there. He called out to Lysael again, "Come on. Don't be so mad at me. Besides, I should be mad at you. You were the one that shunned me."

Anonymous

That little voice that had been warning Lysael about getting too close to the rabbit, was now screaming 'I told you so' over and over again, in a dementedly sing-song tone.  It was almost as aggravating as the situation that had triggered it, and Lysael just wanted find some excuse to head back to the room, and avoid Jovan and Mara until he could sort this all out.  Doing that was only going to call attention to himself, and the last thing the teen wanted right now was Mara fussing over him.

He glanced over his shoulder at Jovan as the rabbit called to him again.  Shunned indeed.  He snorted to himself.  "You're the one that's just going around, kissing whoever.  Why shouldn't I be mad?" He snapped.  Oh, way to go.  Why couldn't he keep a tight reign on his emotions (and his tongue) around Jovan?

Mara smiled brightly at Jovan as he swung her hand, laughing as he teased Lysael.  It was amusing to watch... at least until Lysael snapped at him.  Oh dear.  "Lys?  Are you okay?"

Not even bothering to turn around to address Mara, the teen snapped in the same clipped tones, "I'm fine."

She stopped walking, letting her hand slip out of Jovan's as she looked between the two boys, feeling rather confused over Lys' sudden mood swing.

((OOC: Behold, Lysael the party pooper. xD ))