Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

My mage vs YOU

Started by Anonymous, May 20, 2008, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Gale sat on the open plain. His mind was ready for this. He just needed an opponent. Then he would be able to show his true strength.

Anonymous

[OOC Dalisme wasn't in a thread currently so I chose her ^^, hope she's okay ^^ She can match Jiva in cockiness though ^^]

Dalisme stepped out on the plains, twirling her daggers absentmindedly. When she had heard about a mage free-for-all it had sounded like fun. She glanced ahead and noticed someone sat on the ground. It was a rather plain looking guy but his hands were covered in various magic-enhancing rings, now that wasn't very sporting.

Oh well, she'd show him what a mage trained by a world-class sorceress could do.

"You wanted an opponent right," she called to the guy.

She twirled her daggers again before sheathing them.

"Well you got one and trust me; I'm more powerful than I look."

To demonstrate this she tapped her foot on the ground gently, causing an earthquake.

"Ready when you are."

Anonymous

A look of horror ran through Gale as he looked apon this mighty sorceress. She seemed powerful and also seemed to know how to fully use her powers. He, on the other hand, was only a apprentice and had only mastered some sightly advanced spells but was no where near her power level.
He wouldn't even be fighting her if he hadn't been told that magical duels were a great way to study new and strange magical techniques. But he was here now and since he couldn't win by power...

"I'll just have to win by wits"

Drawing his hands high in the air he took control of the air around him. Within seconds, he was surrounded by fog at least a mile in diameter. But there was one problem.

"Damn, i can't see her. Where has she gone?"

Unable to see gale sent some basic fire bolts in a couple of directions to catch her off guard.

Anonymous

"Oh for the love of..." Dalisme muttered.

It seemed like the idiot couldn't control his powers that well and now there was a huge fog. Oh well, she closed her eyes and just tried to sense him. Then from out of nowhere fire bolts flew at her. They were easily dodged but it had been close. She knew he hadn't aimed them, he'd just flung them in any direction and hoped they hit. But they hadn't.

"You're not very good are you," Dalisme called out into the fog.

She could sense him now; he was straight in front of her. Perfect.

"I know where you are," she laughed, "But can you find me?"

Tapping her finger on the ground she caused it to crack and open up a mini ravine heading straight for the unfortunate mage. Why use her other magic when her earth magic alone could probably win this. She was at a little bit of a disadvantage with him being a wind mage or she would have had if he was actually any good at it.

Anonymous

"Not very good?"

Dalisme jibe had hit home. One of Gale's biggest worries was that he would never be as good as the mage who taught him. Well he would have to show her.
Out of nowhere a mini crevass opened up infront of Gale, nearly sending him falling to his doom. Reacting on instinct, he created a small gust of air, quickly propelling him to the side, narrowly avoiding the ravine. For some reason Dalisme could see where he was despite the fog. He silently growled. Creating a fog was easy but moving all this air would take up more energy than he was willing to give. Why did he even agree to a duel?
Taking a pot luck guess, Gale threw a a ball of air, dense enough to feel like a fairly strong fist, in the direction of the ravine.

Anonymous

Dalisme side-stepped the gust of air, Emora used to do that to her all the time.

"Missed me!" she giggled.
What to do to him next...Hmm...Decision, decisions.

"Oh! I know," She thought, "Maybe he thinks I'm only an earth mage. If that's the case a thunder storm is in order."

"I hope you're not afraid of storms," she called out.

She didn't need to know where he was for this. Raising her arms to the sky she began focusing on the lightning ready to bring it down on him. Hopefully he wouldn't find her in the time it took her to summon it, she wasn't as quick with lightning magic as she was with earth.

Anonymous

Storms. Ha. Gale wasn't afraid of any storms that this earth mage could do. Her affinity to earth magic propably made any other magic weak and pathetic. And, since she was stupid enough to call out again, he now had a location.

"If she thinks i can only use magic, she's dead wrong!"

Using bursts of air, Gale propelled himself towards Dalisme, while surrounding his fists with electric energy. It stung a little but it was worth it for the aim of beating this cocky mage.
Within moments he saw Dalisme and prepared a punch. She seemed slightly preoccupied with the storm she was creating but he could stop that. She didn't seem to notice him which gave him the perfect oppitunity.

"Night night Dalisme!"

Anonymous

Dalisme saw him coming but not quickly enough. He managed to land an electric charged punch on her and sent her reeling backwards. The magic didn't really affect her, it was quite weak. The punch itself hurt though.

The bastard! He was pathetic at magic so had increased it with physical force as well. That wasn't fair, being a girl meant she had an obvious disadvantage. With magic exclusively, gender didn't matter.

She spat some blood out on to the ground and pushed herself to her feet.

"I thought you wanted a mage duel, not a fist fight. Are you so pathetic you have to resort to physical force?"

She drew her daggers, "I wonder how your fists would fare against my daggers... especially when I do this."

Fire erupted from the daggers, engulfing them and forming fiery rope between them.

Anonymous

"Damn, why did i resort to phyical combat"

Dalisme taunts were starting to get to Gale. Gripping his hands into fists so tightly, it almost drew blood, he let out a rage-filled roar.

"JUST SHUT THE F&@% UP!! I'LL SHOW YOU WHO'S PATHETIC!!"

Gale spread out his hand in front of him. The earth began to tremble as the rocks and stonts began to fuse together and form a rapier made of stone. He wasn't all that skilled with swords but his father had taught him the basics. Yet instead of making a strike, Gale threw some seeds, from one of his pockets, forward and began to let the magic take hold. Within seconds, huge thorny vines began to dart their way towards Dalisme.
(OOC Propably a bad idea with the fire  :lol: )

Anonymous

He certainly got riled easily. She found it rather amusing that he used earth magic to make a sword out of stone. Making weapons from rocks wasn't something she dabbled in; she was speedy not strong and wasn't really built for hefting stone weapons around.

She was a little surprised when he threw some seeds onto the ground then vines started heading for her. Plants magic versus fire magic was a rather stupid decision.

Dalisme whirled round, both slicing and burning the vines.

"Fire and plants don't mix," Dalisme said sweetly.

Anonymous

Damn it! When he was angry, he didn't think he just acted. Now he'd used up some valuble magic (and some not so valuble seeds). This sword was quiet a drain as well as he wasn't as strong as he thought he was. But still he lumbered forwards for a thrust, while secretly forming the tiny water particles in the air into a tiny orb behind him...just incase.

Anonymous

[OOC o.O sorry its really really short >.<]

Dalisme rolled out of the way of his clumsy sword thrust and raised her fiery daggers. She lunged at him with then ready to singe him with the flames joining them if necessary.

Anonymous

Gale parried the daggers clumsily but was unable to avoid the flames. He suffered some serious burns and his sleaves caught alight, forcing him to use the orb of water to put out the flames.

"Damn, this sword is useless"

Gale decided to use his magic more with this battle. While healing the burns, he threw down the sword and split it in half with his magic and began to send the two new swords towards Dalisme with magic.

Anonymous

The swords hurtling towards Dalisme reminded her of one lesson she had with Naressa which had actually been quite enjoyable; using magic to control weapons without actually touching them. They spent most of the day just duelling with the floating weapons. So she'd do that today, not with her daggers though, with something much bigger.

She tapped the ground lightly causing a huge stone sword to emerge from the ground. The flat of the blade was nearly a meter across and it was longer than her opponent was tall.

The red head couldn't be accused to not given her opponent a good show. She commanded the sword forward, blocking his two weapons.

Anonymous

Ok, this was just frustrating. All of his attacks seemed to be blocked with a certain ease. This girl was as apt at phyical combat as she was at magical combat. He was running out of options for what to do and with every step, defeat looked ever so close.

"I can't give up. I WON'T!"

Out of the corner of his eye, Gale noticed a movement around the ravine made by Dalisme. He was so overjoyed, he nearly burst out laughing. The ravine was bubbling up with water. It seemed that Dalisme had hit a underground stream. And Gale considered water manipuation one of his strong points.

"Now you'll be sorry. I'll show you what i can do."

Drawing from the water, Gale began to shape them into small daggers then freeze them into solid ice, while making wild thrusts with the stone swords. Within seconds he had finished ten and threw them all in Dalisme's direction.

Anonymous

"Oh shit..."

She tried to roll out of the way of the oncoming daggers but some of them struck home, mostly in her lower back. And they certainly didn't fell pleasant...

"Ow..." she moaned before looking at Gale, "Time-out."

Hopefully he wasn't the type of lowlife who'd attack a girl whilst they were down.

She pulled out each dagger in turn; fortunately they hadn't gone in very deep or hit anything vital. They hurt like a bitch though and unfortunately healing was not one of her strong points. Concentrating, she healed the wounds as much as she could and would just have to hope she didn't bleed to death.

The earth mage pushed herself to her feet, "Okay, where were we?"

[OOC I didn't want you to think I was power-playing o.O Dalisme's good but real clumsy >.<]

Anonymous

(OOC: Don't worry i didn't think you were powerplaying. I know Dalisme is much better than Gale but Gale just thinks that it's unfair she's so good. I'm alright with it.)

"Ok, you can have a time out."

Gale was shaking all over. He had actually caused someone that amount of pain. Worse still, he hadn't cared. Quickly he pulled himself together before he lost control of his emotions. If this girl had been in his place she would have done the same. Plus he had to get used to hurting people if he was going to join the army, like his father wanted him to. Gale brought the two swords back to his hands and began coating them with ice from the ravine, while Dalisme was healing herself. After she had finished healing, Gale took on a defensive stance. He wasn't mentally prepared for attacking yet.

"Bring it on. I'm ready."

(OOC: Sorry for the emotion but i read a really cool fantasy book with a character who hates hurting people but has too. I thought i'd use that as inspiration for Gale. Also i just thought up some cool defensive spells.)

Anonymous

Okay, the gloves were off now. He had hurt her so she'd have to take him a little seriously. And she hadn't used her big badass spells in a long time. They took a lot of energy but meh, a show was always good. Her opponent went into a defensive stance so obviously he was going to let her make the first move. That was fine with her.

Then realising something she said, "What's your name anyway? Mine's Dalisme Panelen, student of the Sorceress Naressa Velas."

If he was any kind of magic user he should have heard of Naressa, hopefully it would make him nervous knowing she had been taught by one of the best sorcerers in the world.

She then contemplated what to hit him with first, maybe she could make a big stone golem to attack him with or a fire serpent. Nah, she had a much better idea.

Columns of fire appeared, making a circle around the combatants and then the ground began shaking and forming into spikes. She'd like to see him stop that. Just to be on the safe side she changed the fire into blue fire, i.e. waterproof fire.

Anonymous

Naressa Velas!! Gale remembered that name well. His master had always grumbled that no matter how hard he tried and no matter how much he improved, he was never able to be a match for Naressa Velas. If his master was no match for the sorceress, then what chance did Gale have against one of her students? He hoped with all his heart that she wasn't a good student.

"My name is Gale Jagre, apprentice of the late mage Horst Kidred."

Hopefully his voice didn't betray the fear in his heart. Fear was a powerful weapon to be used against someone.
All of his fears were confirmed when blue fire began to spring from the ground and started to encircle Gale, leaving no room to escape. If that wasn't enough, the very earth beneath his feet began throwing out large spikes. He was given several large scrapes and cuts before he was able to throw himself up in to the air.
With a large gust keeping him floating, Gale summoned a large tsunami to engulf the flames surrounding him. The heat was getting unbearable and the fire was getting too close for his liking.
Wide-eyed in shock, Gale watched in horror as the flames began to greedily absorb the entire wave. The only satisfaction he got was that Dalsime seemed to be completely soaked. Bracing himself for an incredibly horrible death, he closed his eyes waiting for the burning feeling of the flames to engulf him.

It never came. Opening his eyes, Gale saw that the ring on his middle left finger was glowing a bright orangey red. The runes engraved in the metal were flickering with the same light, as if they were on fire. As the flames drew closer, they began to lose the form that the magic had given them and seemed to become sucked into the ring. After all this was done, the only evidence that there had been any flames in the first place was that the ring was still glowing a bright red. It was warm against Gale's skin. All he could do was stare at it in amazement.

(OOC Sorry for the late post. Excuses soon to come. Also i just thought up that name of the mage so i have yet to add it to Gale's Bio)

Anonymous

She hadn't heard of him or his master, and they were a mage so nowhere near the power of a sorcerer. 'Gale' seemed to know a few tricks though. He even managed to summon a tsunami to extinguish the flames with, too bad they were waterproof. And too bad water was not really her forte because though the flames were unaffected, the great wall of water still hit her, drenching her.

Dalisme knew many kinds of elemental magic but wind and water were always her two weakest, it was one of the flaws of being an elemental mage. No matter how hard you trained the elements opposed to your own would always be your weakest.

She smirked at Gale's expression when he realised his tidal wave had no effect on the flames. But then his ring began glowing started to suck them in. That was the very reason rune and magic rings were unsporting, they gave you an unfair advantage and she never used them. She fought on her own strength with no rings or artefacts to boost her power beyond its true level.

"You know toys like that aren't very honourable. If you're going to fight you shouldn't rely on such trinkets. They just prove you're weak."

Fire was out of the question if his ring would absorb it and if she altered the terrain he would just float out of the way...What to do? She needed to keep him trapped; creating an enclosed space would do that, perhaps a stone chamber, or a wall of trees. Something solid and less easily swallowed by runes.

Then again he might expect that...So she would have to do something he wouldn't expect.

She smirked before casually walking towards him, her daggers sheathed, with no weapon in her hand and casting no magic. It was a simple game of chicken. What would he do if she walked towards him unarmed? Would he attack or hesitate? If he attacked she could quickly create a barrier of stone or sand and if he hesitated she could get right up close to him and creatures some vines to hold him in place.