Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The smell of the living (Open)

Started by Anonymous, May 26, 2008, 10:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ketra smelt of life and it was disgusting. Ambassador Lanciare Aiesekui hadn't been in Adela all that long and it was taking some getting used to the smell of the living.

Her rather unusual appearance seemed to scare the people as well. It must have been strange to see a woman dressed in the robes of someone of rank with greying skin like a corpse and waist length black hair. Oh how the people stared. In Thanatos, her home, men often stared at her for there she was considered beautiful. Here was a different stare; one of fear.

Lanciare seemed to float as she walked for her robes were so long her feet couldn't be seen below them. It was a wonder she hadn't fallen ungracefully on her ass. This seemed to frighten people all the more and she wasn't here to frighten people. She was Necromantia's Ambassador and was there to keep the peace between the two countries.

She remembered how her sister Videlle had laughed when she heard she was being sent to 'the land of the living' and joked about how she'd come back 'fresh'. Unfortunately Videlle had not been blessed with the brains of the family. Lanciare had gotten them as well as the looks. Videlle just had the necromancy which in their father's view was the better trait to have. Lanciare had absolutely no talent for it but that wasn't surprising, her mother hadn't been from Necromantia after all.

The Ambassador strolled in the castle grounds now tired of the city. Everyone there assumed she was a necromancer just as they assumed everyone who came from the Necromantia Isles was. This was not the case, they were very rare and she had only met three in her life, her sister, her father and another who her sister promptly killed.

Lanciare waved her hand in passing at the guards and entered the gardens. She liked flowers; it was the only thing she didn't mind about the strange country of Adela. Such a thing was rare where she came from but the castle gardens were abundant with them.

She floated through the garden paying no mind to the servants who passed her and made her way to a large tree. Settling herself under it she glanced around the garden, it was very peaceful. She closed her eyes, content to just drift off for the rest of the afternoon.

Anonymous

Shion was rather bored, after joining the military forces here all it has been was simple and easy drills. Where was the saving of innocent people, or fighting off hordes of evil beings, none of this has happened, been utterly quiet the whole time. She sighed walking around the castle, her amulet still showing, she sighed hoping someone would eventually notice the symbol. She was nobility from a land, but her father refused to tell her where, her mother was unsure herself.

" Man, this had been the most boring of days thus far, a week here and not one exciting thing has happened yet, not even a bandit to chase. Oh well I guess peace is nice for a change, in my village I was always fighting some kind of monster or bandit off. I wonder how they are doing, I am sure they are fine I did make sure to have the knights keep there training up. "

Walking toward the garden she got a strange feeling, of a presence that was a little non human feeling. Looking around she could see why, it was someone from that land, resting under a tree it seemed, she did not want to bother her, she also took a liking to this garden. Shion looked around sighing, she lightly gripped one of the roses in the garden smelling it and taking up all the smells.

" I sure love these flowers, they make me miss my home though, our fields filled with such delights. Oh well time to enjoy my boring time here at the castle, a wyvern knight reduced to doing nothing. Sad shame considering how much I could help, but without battles there isn't much to do. "

She flopped down in the grass staring into the sky, she always felt like she would just fly away looking into the skies. Maybe it was because she rode a wyvern all the time so being on the ground made her feel out of place, the skies were truly free, no one ruled the skies. There were no borders or things blocking, you were free to fly where you pleased, making you feel the world was such a vast place.

Anonymous

Lanciare opened one eye as she heard someone approach. It was one of the hired swords she had noticed about the castle. She didn't know her name but she recognised the face. Then the girl began talking to herself.

" I sure love these flowers, they make me miss my home though, our fields filled with such delights. Oh well time to enjoy my boring time here at the castle, a wyvern knight reduced to doing nothing. Sad shame considering how much I could help, but without battles there isn't much to do. "

So she was foreign to Adela as well and it sounded like she owned the monster Lanciare had noticed a few days ago. Wyverns were rare, but Wyvern knights were even rarer, few could tame them.

The necromantian got to her feet, deciding she had perhaps been a little anti-social the past few days.

"Good afternoon," she said as she approached, "The flowers are beautiful aren't they. I never saw many of them in my home country."

She couldn't really tell where the girl was from but it certainly wasn't necromantia. Hopefully her accent wasn't too strong for the girl to understand.

Anonymous

Shion turned much the her surprise, the woman who had been under the tree was looking over the flowers as well. She smiled and nodded, she was right they really did make you feel at ease just staring at them put her heart at ease. This woman had to be from Necromantia the way she was dressed, also she did kinda float across the ground was a dead give away.

" Yes these flowers were amazing, they really did there best to grow them, these are from all over the world, some of them need very certain types of care or they would die. Now, as for their beauty they pale in comparing it to someone of your vast Beauty. My name is Shion and well... you might have seen my wyvern but I was recently hired to help around here. "

She smiled a bit impishly looking over the woman, she wasn't to bad, after being rejected horribly by the commander she had to try to move onto other people after all. She would take it a little slower this time, last one crashed and burned pretty fast, well the other woman had no interests in relationships so.

" Your from... I would say Necromantia correct ? I have only been there a few times myself, not quite my type of place... I enjoy living things after all. It is not a bad place, just a bit... barren for my certain tastes, I am surprised you enjoy flowers. I would think someone from your land would care not a thing about life, thing about riding a wyvern, I was free to learn of the cultures no borders to stop me freely exploring the world. "

Anonymous

" Yes these flowers were amazing, they really did there best to grow them, these are from all over the world, some of them need very certain types of care or they would die. Now, as for their beauty they pale in comparing it to someone of your vast Beauty. My name is Shion and well... you might have seen my wyvern but I was recently hired to help around here. "

It was unusual for a woman to call Lanciare beautiful, maybe the woman was trying to flatter her or perhaps she preferred the company of women. If that was the case, Lanciare didn't really mind, she had lain with men and women in her time. This particular woman however wasn't really her type.

The woman smiled impishly which unsettled the ambassador a bit.

"You're from...I would say Necromantia correct? I have only been there a few times myself, not quite my type of place...I enjoy living things after all. It is not a bad place, just a bit...barren for my certain tastes, I am surprised you enjoy flowers. I would think someone from your land would care not a thing about life, thing about riding a wyvern, I was free to learn of the cultures no borders to stop me freely exploring the world."

This woman certainly talked a lot, she barely even paused for breath.

"We Necromantians do not detest life; we just don't understand why people find it sacred. Life is fleeting and common. People find gemstones valuable because they are rare but don't value rocks because they can be found everywhere."

When you walked into any city in the world it was full of the living and Lanciare did not understand why it was prized so highly.