Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not the most glamorous of deaths (Open)

Started by Anonymous, June 08, 2008, 01:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sikke awakened to the sound of rain around him and as his senses returned he could feel drops of it hitting his face. He paused before opening his eyes, trying to work out where he was. All he could hear was rain, no people or any of the usual sounds of the city. What further disturbed him was the strong smell of blood.

With some difficulty he opened his eyes, and once they adjusted the first thing he saw was red. He was lying in a pool of his own blood. Just great. He tried to pull himself up but his body wouldn't obey, he was too weak, obviously from the loss of blood.

Glancing around his surroundings he judged he was in some street in Reajh and it was early morning; the sun could just be seen peeking out from behind the hills in the distance. How had he gotten here? He knew he had been chasing some demon and had gotten in way over his head, then he had taken the chance when it was distracted to escape. But after that...everything was blank. He must have dragged himself there, barely conscious and then passed out.

So here he was, going to die not in battle but lying in the street like a tramp in a pool of his own blood, for some poor early morning workers to find. Not exactly the most glamorous death.

"It's a wonder I'm alive now..." he thought.

Once again he tried to get up but still couldn't and as he had nearly had his throat torn out he couldn't exactly talk at present either so calling for help was out of the question. He was going to die wet and cold with no-one around. Fantastic

Anonymous

Shadow walked the empty streets of Reajh. She was in human form, to avoid issues with humans. She smelled a strong sent of blood. She turned a corner to see someone in a pool of blood. "What the..?" She ran over. "Stay still...I will heal you.."

Anonymous

A  teenage girl about 17 walked down the streets of Reajh carrying a basket with a small amount of food inside. Her light brown hair hung down to her shoulders  and swayed with her movements her bangs hanging down over her blue eyes. She was obviously part of the lower class considering the  plain brown kimono like dress she wore and the well-worn sandals on her feet but she was thin but  didn't look starved  and didn't have the hang-dog air of a abused beaten girl. Most young men even upper class ones would find her attractive. That was usually the townspeople's assessment of her.

Sayuri sat down on the porch of an abandoned building slipping her feet out of her sandals and began rubbing them the footwear kept her from slicing her feet up but they weren't exactly comfortable.  Sighing she slipped them back on and continued down the alley that led to her home by the river. Even though it was just a shack it was big enough to fit at least 4 people and had two rooms the largest was the living room/kitchen where she slept, the other a bathroom. And river provided her with an endless supply of water and fish. Sayuri was finally snapped out of her daydreaming when she tripped over something laying in the middle of the alley. "Ouch" she mumbled getting on her hands and knees looking at her basket thankfully the food had survived he fall it wasn't until she went to brush herself off when she noticed the blood on her hands. She turned her head to where she tripped and saw a man who wasn't that much older then her lying there. "All this blood is from him , but how can he still be alive?"  Sayuri thought kneeling down next to the figure pressing two fingers against his neck feeling a weak pulse. "Um, hey can you hear me? " she called shaking his shoulder a little she could see his eyes were somewhat open . When she got no response her brow furrowed in frustration "Guess I'll have to carry him"  taking one of his arms and draping it around her shoulder she carefully lifted him off the ground easier than she expected.  "Whoever you are hang in there okay" Sayuri said to the prone young man and began walking. It wasn't long before she heard the trickle of the river and soon she was lying the body down on the matress. Quickly grabbing two buckets , filling them with water from hte river and hurrying back. She dumped one in a pot and put it over he fire she had made also taking some cloths , bandages and medicine from the cupboards. She took the pot from the fire and dipped one of the cloths in it, gently removing the stranger's shirt she began cleaning the wounds of blood and dirt. When that was done she took the bottle of medicine and carefuly poured it over the wounds before wrapping them in clean white bandages. Finally she dip a clean cloth in the cold water she saved and placed it on his forehead and covering him with blankets to warm him up.

Anonymous

"Hey! Mrs!! I can help you heal him!!" She pulled a first aid thing out of her long black robe and opened it. It looked very complicated and had tons of stuff in it. "hn..Why do I feel...drained, almost..?" She looked rather pale. "Oh crap..dont tell me.." She felt her grip on the illusion that made her look like a human slip. She now just turned into a kitsune. She was huge, as big as a horse. "That...was..bad." She now had a spiked collar, and 2 earings in her right ear. "No magic.." She nudged the medicine box twords the lady. "Please help me. I cant heal him in this form. I wont hurt you, I promise. I just dont want to let someone die in my face without at least trying to help them."

Anonymous

[OOC Can we stick to turn please o.O It goes me, then feartakyuubi then sakuracherryblossom. It makes things easier and saves my sanity o.O]

Sikke felt someone trip over him. They must have really been daydreaming or it was darker than he thought.

"Um, hey can you hear me?"

Yeah, he could hear her but he couldn't speak, surely she could notice the wound on his throat. He looked up at her as best he could, she looked around his age and probably of a lower caste judging by the clothes she was wearing.

She frowned before lifting him up. He was quite scrawny so it probably wasn't that hard for her. Sometimes being small was a good thing....Wait, no it wasn't!

"Whoever you are hang in there okay"

It should have been obvious to her he was a soldier; he was in his uniform after all, though it was a little blood-stained. As she near enough dragged him along he could feel his blood dripping out onto the ground below. He was too numb from cold for it to hurt though.

Eventually he could hear water running, they must be near the river. They continued until he saw the river and there was a shack nearby as well, did the girl live there?

It seemed she did as she carried him inside and laid him down on a mattress. She ran out briefly and came back in with two buckets of water. One she emptied into a pot and put it over the fire.

Sikke glanced around the shack as best he could; it was quite big inside, if a little dingy. His room at the barracks was smaller than it was. It looked like the girl lived alone by how sparse it was.

She came over to him and removed his shirt before cleaning his wounds. Now that he was warming up they were really starting to hurt. Going after the demon had been a mistake. And being provoked by its comment on his size was an even worse one. He had definitely paid for it. It was a wonder he was still alive but he had a habit of being resilient. Even his greatest rival Hamish had been unable to defeat him, sure they'd nearly killed each other but Sikke had survived and managed to drag himself back to the barracks.  

Sikke grunted in pain when the girl put some kind of medicine on his wounds, it stung but using his throat had hurt even more. Hopefully he'd be able still be able to speak when it healed. Not that he was much of a talker anyway.

He noticed someone else there as well then, another female...and they were a mage. Well he wasn't in any condition to arrest them now and they seemed to want to help him. Didn't they realise he was a Mordecai? Most mages hated them, surely she must not realise rather not care.

Then she turned into a rather large fox, she was a Kitsune? You didn't see one of those everyday. She did want to help still, despite realising what Sikke was. That was strange; most magic users would take advantage and kill him when he couldn't fight back. Maybe she was willing to help because she knew he was no threat. That thought didn't exactly make him feel any better though.

Anonymous

She thought, 'why the hell am I in reajh anyway? I'm so dead.'She sighed. "hn...Bad wound in his throat, he cant talk if he wanted to." She looked at him and said quietly, "I know your species prevents the use of magic..I dont mind. I think it's unfair that they try to kill you for that reason. I'm too strong to become confused or dizzy by it, and I dont rely all on magic." She turned to the medicine box. She picked out a few things. "I made this medicine a while ago, incase I couldnt use my magic anymore. It heals immposibly fast, but it will sting. ready?" She turned to him and began using her paw to dab a medicine on his throat that would heal it almost immediantly.

Anonymous

[OOC Screw turns if people aren't going to post o.O]

A mage that actually felt sorry for him; that was certainly a new one. He was a little peeved at being pitied by the enemy but it was better than being dead. Saying 'species' to describe what he was though wasn't exactly accurate. True, many mages would see them as monsters but they were still human, their abilities just differed from that of magic users and normal humans.

He wasn't going to arrest the mage who was helping him though. There was some honour left in him and capturing someone who saved your life the minute you were able to walk was for lesser Mordecai; blindly obedient, idiotic ones.

When she asked him if he was ready, being unable to talk her nodded slightly instead.

Anonymous

The wound sizzled and closed. "Heh, I told you it was fast...and you may be able to say something now. If you can talk, say something."

Anonymous

The wound hurt when she placed the medicine on but it seemed work. Once the initial burning pain had passed it seemed his throat was healed. He tried to sit up but found he was still too weak for that, he had lost quite a lot of blood after all.

"Thanks," he managed to say.

There was still the wound were the demon had stuck his claws into Sikke's ribs however. The girl had bandaged it but it still hurt.

Anonymous

"Oh, you can talk. That's good. Don't try to sit up yet...you need to rest. I understand how annoying that must be. If you need anything, call me. I have good hearing, so you dont need to say it loudly. I'll be in the other room." She walked into a small room and closed the door behind her.

((because cherry isnt posting, can we just say that she isnt there for the time being?))

Anonymous

[OOC Yeah, that's what I thought too]

Yeah, like he was going to lie down and be a good little patient. He managed to push himself up into a sitting position, it made him dizzy but he shook his head to clear it. The mage had told him to rest but he wasn't one to do that, besides he had to get back to base and report what had happened. And who knew what had happened to Ralph. He was probably fine but still, Sikke had run off and left him, not a very soldierly thing to do but at least he was alive. The demon might have actually killed him if the fight had gone on any longer.

Now that he was sitting up, he tried to get to his feet. That was not happening, he could barely move, sitting up had been an achievement by itself. Looks like he wasn't going any where for a while...

If the mage hadn't been...well a mage, he'd have asked them to help him get back to the base. But if they went anywhere near it they'd be arrested and most likely killed. Sometimes his job sucked.

Anonymous

Sayuri walked back into the room she had changed her from her blood stained clothes and into a plain white kimono . Her azure eyes met the form of the stranger trying to stand she walked over to where he was laying and knelt down next to him. " Hello , my name is Sayuri are you feeling okay?" she asked gently.

Anonymous

Shadow looked out of the corner of her eye at the girl. "he...cant talk that well, his throat was injured. I've healed him, though."

Anonymous

[OOC Short o.O]

"I can talk fine," Sikke replied, a little hoarsely.

He hated being pitied. But it didn't look he'd be leaving anytime soon, so he'd have to put up with it.

"And I'm fine."