Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tale-spinner

Started by Anonymous, March 28, 2005, 02:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Shana had been travelling for days to get here, here in Serendipity.  But now that she was here, she needed to find somewhere that would appreciate her skills.  Appreciate her tellings.  Surely there was a respectable inn somewhere that would want a teller to spin tales for the night's entertainment.  She sighed audibly as she made her way through the streets.  Perhaps the castle would accept a teller as entertainment.  But she pushed this thought away.  They probably had better tellers in this city anyway.  She was nothing compared  to the great tellers of Adela, surely Serendipity had tellers just as good or better.   She sighed and looked around for an inn to stay at, the search for employment could wait for now.

Goldie

The young half pheonix raced through the streets, his little vibrant red head bouncing between people with amazing agility as the small wings protruding from his bad flapped helplessly.  He had been so close last time!  So close to being able to fly but he had failed once again and pummeled to the ground, gaining a few more scratches and bruises on the way dow.

Not that he minded of course!  He'd had much worse injuries from his spastic attempts, but that didn't dampen the ten year olds spirits.  He had seen his mother fly before...so beautiful in the air, telling him that one day he'd be able to join her....Even after she disappeared he never stopped trying, thinking that she had flown away and was simply waiting for him to lift off before revealing herself to her son again.

As he ran, Corwyn looked behind his shoulder at his wings, please to see that (to his confused mind) they had grown a bit in the last few seconds.  That was a good sign!  As long as they kept growing he'd be sure to fly by the end of the week!!

Turning his head back he realized too late that his frantic dash was leading him straight toward a woman who had just entered the village.  With as much speed as he could muster, Corwyn slammed his feet into the ground trying to stop, but it was too close and slammed head first into her.

Anonymous

Shana fell to the ground, completely winded.  She looked up at the person who had slammed headfirst into her and struggled to stifle a gasp.  A half-phoenix, how many times had she heard of them, dreamt of them, seen paintings yet had never seen one in real life.  But now, now that she saw one it was more magnificent and spectacular a thing than she ever could've imagined it to be.  Of course, half-phoenixes weren't the same as true phoenixes, but still...for a teller such as her, now she knew what the tales that she told were about.  She could now put true feeling into the description of their magnificence.  She looked again at the half-phoenix, taking in every aspect of his being, capturing it in her mind for further reference.  

He was now picking himself up from the dirt.  Shaking his head trying to clear it.  She had to say something to him, make this moment truly memorable and make the most of this opportunity that she would probably never have again.  She touched him and whispered, "Are you alright?"

Goldie

The small half phoenix had already stood and was about to continue running off, completely uncaring about the woman he had just knocked over in the process.  All that mattered was that he find some other high place he could leap from to test out his newly "grown" wings.

Of course they hadn't really grown, but to the ten year olds mind even the slightest unseen change meant a difference between flight and falling.

His fiery red hair fell into his eyes as he stood, a few of the feathers that grew along with his short unkempt locks adding to his messy appearance.  His deep red-brown eyes looked at the woman as she spoke and placed her hand on his shoulder.  First of all, he didn't know this woman, and his mother had ALWAYS told him to stay clear of strangers because the world was full of "Dangerous Men".

But...she didn't look scary.....

Looks don't always matter, Corwyn her words echoed in his mind, keep yourself safe by keeping yourself at a distance.

That had been the last words she had told him before she had flown away...she had never said when she would be back, but Corwyn had faith she'd return even two years later.  He'd find her eventually, when he could fly he would soar into the sun like she had and show him how hard he had worked to finally see her again....

But that was the in the future, and right now he needed to figure out what to do about the strange lady he had run into.  Normally he'd just run away and not talk...but she had a pleasent voice, a story-tellers voice.

"I'm fine." he replied, swelling his chest and standing tall, "I've fallen lotsa times and not been hurted."

Anonymous

[OOC: Sorry that it has taken so long to reply, I've been away in another state with no internet for a week]

Shana smiled at the young half-phoenix, relieved and almost bubbling over with glee that he had replied.  So many stories told of their incredible shyness, so she considered herself extremely lucky that he had even responded.

"Oh, that's good.  I was so worried about you," she said as she watched him get to his feet.

As he turned as if to leave, she quickly racked her brains for another excuse to try and stall him a little longer.

"Oh, I was wondering, is there a good inn around here that I could stay at, or a place where they enjoy storytelling?"

Pleased that the question came out okay, she waited for his answer.

Goldie

The young half-phoenix looked at the woman with an expression that clearly showed his annoyance, if it could be called that.  He was ten years old!  An inn?  The poor child didn't even know that jumping off of trees was essentially bad.

'I dunno..." he replied, screwing up his face into the image of severe thinking.  Corwyn took great pride in his faces and tried to use them as much as possible.  Mostly because he found peoples reaction to him one of the most amusing aspects of his life!

"But I'm sure iffn you look, you could find'un!  But I gotsta try flying again."  With that he turned away and raced back into the crowd, not entirely aware that he was running back the way he came, but not really caring either.  In fact, he just enjoyed running, squeezing between people in such a way that no one saw him.  His wings were just small enough that they didn't brush people as he passed, even at their full wingspan.

Within a few seconds his red feathered head disappeared into the crowd just as quickly as it had come.

Anonymous

Shana smiled to herself as she watched the feathered head disappear into the crowd.  "Half-phoenixes," she murmured to herself, "'they will make it into the Great Tales one day."  With these words to herself, she continued her along her path down the street in search of lodging.