Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kingdom Idea: Miristirithe?

Started by Anonymous, July 09, 2009, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

OK, travelers just got back from an unknown distant land where wars rage on and on, and the innocent always seem to pay the price. But despite the constant battles, the kingdom is friendly and the people are warm and welcoming. The Kingdom, however, is ruled by a king who plans on changing the friendly atmosphere into an intimidating one. The King's name is Axel Van Deriz, or King Axel. Uncle of Ziggy Zarrodi and the new ruler since Antonio Zarrodi passed on. The Kingdom is called 'Meristirithe.' and it's the Kingdom of weredragons and dragons alike. Meristirithe in human english translated from standard weredragon means 'Dragon City.' Another name for the Kingdom, because of the constant fighting is 'WarFang.' The entire kingdom is beautiful, but ever since the beloved King Antonio passed on, and Ziggy disappeared, people have lived in fear of their new king, knowing that if they don't tread softly on his rules, they will be the next victims in a series of mysterious disappearances.

Nobody knows how the nation was formed, it just seemed to pop up one day after travelers returned from a three-month long journey.

The reasons for the wars is that the last King, King Antonio was like a 'Peacekeeper' between his kingdom and foreign nations. When he died, so did the alliances, and all the nations' last hope rested with Ziggy, but after he disappeared, the wars began with the reign of King Axel.

There is a secret underground organization of rebel spies, soliders, conartists, thieves, and other such called 'The Wolves of Merisitrithe'

For the whole gender dispute, weredragons find both genders to be equal in the sense that neither can survive without the other. In some ways, the females are better than males, and in other ways it is the opposite.

The kingdom is set in the center of a very rich-in-traffic trade route, they always have spices, herbs, artesian artifacts, and many other things to trade.

The weredragons are tolerable of all races and orientations, if you are willing to obey their laws you may even be able to live with them.

There are three major cities and two minor Villages: The city of Valour, the city of Cyrill and the City of Trinity.  There is also two  vilages: the village based on a trade system of crops, meats, and other foods and items named 'The Trader's Haven.' and the other village comprises mostly of military cavalry units, infantry, and Dragon riders, this village is called 'WarFang Village'

The final thing to know about this city is it's surroundings: it is located in the valley between two great mountains, running through the valley and all around the kingdom is a sparkling, pure river, the River called 'Zero' the valley is called 'The Dragon Valley' and the two mountains are called 'The Serpent's peak' and 'Mt. Draconia.' There are clusters of trees that form forests and a desert beyond the lush valley and mountains. The desert is called the 'Hellfire Desert.'

Anonymous

Seems good so far. :3 But, in my opinion, there's still a lot you can do to flesh this out.

It seems like you have the recent past down, but how did the nation form? Why are there so many wars? How can the citizens be friendly if anybody they don't know could be an enemy soldier wanting to kill them?

How is the military set up? Are there any underground rebel factions trying to unseat the new king? I know that these this and the wars could be linked but it seems like the wars were going on before this new guy grabbed the throne.

How is the government organized? What kind of culture does it have (like how it handles the different genders [equal/one better than the other]), what are its views on homosexuality, etc.)? Being a kingdom comprised of humaniods that aren't fully human, how does it view humans? Magical humanoids and demi-humans (think fairies, elves, and all the other stuff)?

What major cities are there and what do they look like? :3

I don't know how much of this the admins need/want but that's everything I can think of. xD If you can somehow answer all of that (more power to ya) and put it in an easy to read format, I'd say you would be very far along to getting this into an official kingdom. ;D

Of course, the survivability of a new board (if the powers that be decide to grant it such) depends on how often and how many people use it. Thanatos, for instance, had things cut from it because of inactivity.

EDIT: Also! To be blunt, where the hell is it? :3

Anonymous

Yep! ^.^ It's definitely more 'fleshy.' There's probably some kinks that can be ironed out but I think there's a giant question that still needs to be answered.

Why should this place be made? Not to try to shoot down your idea but there's a crap load of coding and organizing and blah that would need to be gone through to get it all up.

You have to sell it! It's just like marketing! Gotta give the buyers (the admins) a reason to make it. SotE's been the same for the past eight or nine years, why should they add something major? Why should there be an entire different continent? There's eleventy-billion boards for Le'raana and that's just one continent.

I think that it would be a lot easier if this was made into a town or settlement. I know that it could mess up your plot and/or thread idea but the sheer logistics involved in creating a new continent for the site, figuring out how it will be received by the current kingdoms, etc. would be a sheer nightmare. And all for no pay? The admins are awesome but I don't think anybody would be willing to do that.

A settlement or town, on the other hand, would be easier. You could even let it be a 'scouting' settlement for the momma continent. This would could let the two continents feel each other out in-game and it can test the waters of your idea for not in-game. You know, see how it's received and all that.

Mainly what I'm trying to say is: Why should the admins go through such a huge project to set everything up when there is absolutely no way of telling if it will have a rush of people or be a flop. :3

Rhindeer

Okay! x3

You can go ahead and join the race information for the creatures of this kingdom and include the country information in it. If more people join and you, the creator, and the plots involving this kingdom are still active after 6 months, then we can talk about whether to make it official or not.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Well, perhaps if I could get people to realize weredragons aren't all -that- bad, people would want to RP more of them (or at least) RP people to come visit the kingdom to see their hospitality and all that. ^^ Then people would realize that this is truly a good idea.

Rhindeer

Oh, nothing against weredragons! xP We just can't create boards for every new player that wants a kingdom is all! In order for a player-created kingdom to become official with boards and all that, there needs to be a lot of people interested in the idea and the creators need to show that they are truly dedicated. :3

Otherwise we'd have a million empty boards all over the place. xD

But go ahead and submit the racial info with the country info included and then pimp out your idea to see who's interested! In the meantime, you can still play your kingdom and stuff. There's just no official boards for it or anything.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Heh, OK, but, where do you suggest I play my kingdom at?

Anonymous

Well there used to be an "All The Lands of Earth" board but it kinda poofed in the last major board clean up. xD

Tally

I was just wondering what happened to that board. xD Maybe we should bring it back.

Anonymous

Eh.... I think it's fine as it is. xD SotE is SotE, heaven, hell and all that isn't... Really SotE-ie, and it wouldn't fit in with everything else, would it? I mean, how can someone from an entire other continent get to le'raana? we have the steam-punk thing, but

P: Maybe buggerdejacks can look at the map drawn of SotE and find a nice little place to stick the settlement instead of it being it's own continent.

Anonymous

Perhaps... ^^ would make my dream a little easier to reach...

Tally

And the best thing to do if you want a new kingdom added is to start small and work your way up. :3 Build upon a foundation and generate interest.

If you know where on Le'raana you'd hypothetically like the kingdom to be set, you could play there. For instance, if it would be in the south, you could set its threads in the Kishahn Jungle board.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Where is this map, by the way, so I can see it? I have some thoughts...

Anonymous

Map? For Merisirithe or for the site?

Anonymous

Anonymous

For the whole world. Sweet, Ric, this is very helpful. :mrgreen: