Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Charcoal's string of Charries~! (Updated Nov18/09)

Started by Anonymous, September 08, 2009, 10:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm so happy that thinking up characters and looking up new ones is bringing back my inspiration~!

This is my preliminary rough painting for the very first character i made over here. Though it may seem like seem like the old woman has the younger one trapped and is evil, However The old woman is actually the young woman under a spell. As time goes by and the reason and anti-enchantment nowhere in sight, the old woman characteristic seems to grow on her, hence the expression i guess...

More to come.. Enjoy. :D

Lion

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  This...  this....is beautiful.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Whoa nelly. That's really good o___o You have some serious talent. That's really impressive.

*fangirls all over the place*

Lion

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

I'm sorry to say in the midst of Such terrific writers and writing lovers that Art is my first love, not writing... D= But i do love what writing helps do to my art. As this forum has and is going to. really. Thanks for the lovely compliments. *hugs*

Lion,  Yup, Miriam, pretty much finalized the old version... but gonna tweak on the true form and make her prettyful. :heart:

Anonymous

o: What program do you use?

I've always been interested in figuring out how to do those brushstroke-things. xD I love the way that colouring is. Base, shadow-shadow-shadow- highlights? =D

And I really like the old ladies forehead. It looks so soft. I want to poke it.

Anonymous

Thanks. :heart:

Yup thats pretty much it.
I use Adobe photoshop CS 3. I usually cant get my work to be this stroky, but i kinda willed myself to paint on a single layer for this one, so i think that helped the strokyness. Its teh size 74 brush in the wet media brushes at varying sizes and opacities... i'm currently head over heels or it. XD :heart:  :heart:  

Be careful though, she might bite. XD

Anonymous

AND we have Zayna, the rogue pirate!

Only lines for now. will colour soon. And i'm 'cheating' like Draco calls it on this one to make all the lines pretty.... its actually more than four times this size. XD

Lion

Whoa! Charc, her eyes are huge!! In a good way ^^  Nice line art!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

wooooow. that's really good! nice work! Shes beautiful, can't wait to see the finished work!

Anonymous

Godamn o__o That's really awesome. You got some talent yo. Fo shizzle my nizzle.

Anonymous

Meet Talon

My first current male character, on his way ti join the eclipse.... just being lazy about the character bio atm. XD

Thanks for the comments guys. <3333 Lion, I cant help that bit. X3 even while rendering realism i  tend to go overboard with the eye size. XD

Lion

XDDDD I didn't mean it in a bad way.  Just surprised me is all.  The eyes were lovely.

This dude looks like he's just waiting to do something bad....like burn down a city! Or....something...

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Anonymous

And we has a map too!!!

Got really inspired, by tals maps and the whole provinceclaiming thing, so i saved the Serenity political, zoomed it up, coloured it some more, and added new things. hope it gets accepted.

its open to stuff too.. after i have the basic info up, in case someone wants an estate or an inn, or be a training camp incharge, fort incharge, or an eclipse establishment placement... we shall work it out.XD I'm like... *squeeeeee* :heart:

Anonymous

And we have aurelie! I'm afraid i got writers block while trying to post yesterday but then i began to draw instead... lol. Enjoy!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Wow...your stuff is so pretty! I love that first one. Just love it.  :heart: