Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wicked Minds Think Alike [M] [Savage]

Started by Codex, March 31, 2019, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

They said it all. Everything she needed to know. Not one bit of information was held back. Mythica was sure of it. The fidgeting of their arms, the slouches of their backs, and of course the constant tapping of a nervous man's foot. A smile formed upon her lip. She had them.

"Fuck'et! I fold!" One man said, dropping his cards on the table. "Aye..." Another soon followed. Now there was only one left, and he sat directly across from the white haired pirate. He stared at her with a calculating expression. Mythica on the other hand couldn't help herself but smile a bit and tilt her head. Her cards in a neat fold within her hands, blocked from everyone's view. "So...? What'cha goin' to do there, bud?" She questioned with a somewhat innocent tone, but with just enough venom underlying it to give everyone the hints for what she was really thinking. It wasn't any mystery after all. They were all pirates, weren't they? Finally, after a few more moments of silence the man dropped his cards on the table face up for everyone to see. "I ain't pussying out like these two! I'm going all in there, honey!" He laughed confidently. And by taking one look at his cards, it wasn't a wonder why. He had what many considered to be a clean winning combo. Two golden serpents and a Kraken. Mythica's eyes grew slightly wider when she saw the combo before her, and the man continued to chuckle after noticing her reaction. "T'is safe ta assume I can just take your things then, right?" He said through a yellow smile, shifting his large tattooed arms around the pile of loot that lay directly in the middle of the table.

Mythica sighed and shook her head. "Well, I guess it looks like you win." She said, and the man laughed again before he started to pull the loot towards him. "But." She said again and everyone stopped to look at her. "Looks can be deceiving." She said with a sinister grin. Within the sleeve of her jacket a gold rimmed card silently slipped out and into her hands. The action was so subtle nobody noticed. Especially since she had redirected their attention to her face. Perks of having wind magic. Mythica then lifted her hands and dropped the cards on the table. "That my friends is the white-gold leviathan. Combined that with the three golden serpents in my hand I take the round... And the loot!" Mythica laughed. They all looked at her in disbelief for a second before the two men who had folded earlier quickly burst into a cackle while the third man who had just challenged the girl slowly slumped back into his chair, his face red with anger.

Mythica leaned back in her chair and gave the man a mocking frown. "Awe, don't look so mad about it. T'is just a game! And, well... Your gold as well." She chuckled. Mythica then quickly grabbed her mug and downed it all in one gulp before slamming it on the table. "O- Oi! Take this shiet back to the ship!" She yelled snapping her fingers. Without warning two much larger pirates got up from a table near Mythica's and walked past her before grabbing all of her winnings and walking out of the tavern. "Better luck next time there, friend." The girl sneered, standing up and flicking a coin in his direction before tipping her hat and turning around.

By the gods she had missed this. The atmosphere of the tavern never got old. Before her was a rather large tavern. The air was thick with tobacco smoke and music from a few instruments droned out most of the laughing and swearing. Mythica walked her way through the crowded room towards the barkeep. Carefully stepping over a few knocked out sailors and making sure to avoid the drunk ones who were currently brawling over a mug of ale. She took a free stool and sat with her back to the bartender, leaning against the counter and observing the room.

"I'll take the Adelan red." She said promptly. The bartender quickly fumbled about and made sure to get what she asked before sliding a mug across the counter towards the captain. These breaks were nice, and Mythica didn't allow herself enough of them. She knew her crew appreciated it at least. She was just glad nobody here knew who they really were. Her ship had quite the bounty after all, and the waters were filled with many who'd skin your hide if they could make a single copper off it.

SanctifiedSavage

It wasn't often that Vailea and her ilk made port. Not because they couldn't, but because the Lich didn't favor land. She made her life, fortune, and living on the water. However, there was a need to visit port and not all of her crew felt such an affinity for an endless, blue horizon all the time.

So, there she was. Sitting at a bar, swathed in body odor, smoke, alcohol, and the other stenches that came with the living. It was the perfume of taverns and bars that pirates frequented, a smell quite familiar that never seemed to change with time. While some of Vailea's own were running amok elsewhere, she'd settled herself up by the bar. A stack of pretty gold coins kept the bartender interested in keeping her glass full and shots lined up. The pile never seemed to get smaller.

At least the alcohol was good.

Vailea was deceptively small. A slender woman with tanned skin, hair shaved on one side and braided along the top. One gold hoop hang from her left ear while a chain dangled from the right. While a sword did hang from a sash around her waist, it was done casually. Her hands were on the bar, one wrapped around her drink the other frequently lifting to the slender, sweet cigar.

The ruckus of the game momentarily draws her eye, and she notes the players, but turns back to her drinks and the small, etched out map in front of her on a roll of parchment no bigger than her palm. Always chasing new adventures, even when she's supposed to be relaxing.

She takes note of the winner when they take a stool near her. Feeling friendly, Vailea lifts a shot. "A toast to your winnings," she remarks before knocking the drink back.