Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Dead Rain

Started by wandering_giraffe, August 30, 2023, 10:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandering_giraffe

Even though it was raining, the calmness at sea sharply contrasted what was happening on the Midnight Marauder. Weirdly enough, practically the whole crew was out on the weathered deck of the Marauder, the three-masted galleon aimlessly drifting in the rain. The pirates had formed a circle on deck, and in the middle of the circle was two figures. No one even seemed to care that it was raining.
"Ye're trying to starve us cap'n! I don't think I've had a good meal in a week!"
The protester was a tall, beautiful elf, looking almost too beautiful to be put on the seas with a group of pirates. The Elvish man had his sword drawn. The other figure, a rough, imposing human, was completely relaxed, no weapons in hand. She sighed.
"And whose fault, Za'ra, is that? You took a shortcut, without consulting anyone. You endangered the whole lot of us!"
She gestured angrily to the crew gathered around them. Even though her voice was raised, she still was quite calm.
"And on top of that, you were caught stealing rations!" she added. She shook her head. "I try to maintain discipline on this ship."
She drew her rapier. "There's only one way out of this. Fight for your life. Aerick!"
A centaur stepped forward and bowed to the female captain.
"Yes, Captain Elara?" His voice was deep and soothing, with almost a baritone element to it.
"Count us down." Elara said.
"Take your poses!" His voice was so loud, he didn't even need to yell. Elara and her first mate Za'ra fell into fighting stances. The Elvish man scowled, his gold eyes angrily glaring into Elara's.
"You don't even play by the rules!" He spat, hate practically seething out of his body. The centaur began counting down from 5. Before he could reach 1, there was a flash of movement. There was a glint in the air, and the Elvish man cried out in pain. There was now a throwing knife embedded in his shoulder. He dropped to his knees, clutching his shoulder. She took her time walking towards him. She circled around him, shaking her head. In the pouring down rain, Zara looked absolutely pitiful.
"Well at least you can die knowing you were right about one thing." And she bent down, whispering in his ear.
"I don't play by the rules."
She snapped his neck, letting his lifeless body fall to the deck.