Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Wish, Never Tell

Started by visualspice, April 27, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Oh..." she replied to him, clinging even tighter as he began to climb. And she found herself closing her eyes real tight, afraid the pair of them could meet their doom like this, but when they made it to the top, and out into the clear air of the streets, she found herself peeking through one eye.
"Oh, are we already outside?" she said, her voice still trembling and her arms still clinging to him tight. Her heart was pounding so heavily within her chest, she was afraid it might have beaten clean out of it and would fall back into the pit of the catacombs from whence they came.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Dietrich stood there at the precipice of the exit grate for some time with her hanging onto his neck, her feet dangling several inches off the ground when she posed the question and he couldn't help the laughter that errupted from him and echoed through the chamber.  He patted her hand gently, nodding.  "You can let go now," he said.  "And you'll have to hold the book now.  I'll open the grate."  As he handed the tome off to her, he came forth and pulled the steel grate from it's bearings, bending it quickly with just enough space for them to pass through.

He helped her through and dropped down to the street below.  The moon was still high, at least he had enough time to make it out of the city.  "C'mon we've got to get out of the city as quickly as possible.  Or I won't see the next night," he said.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

ARtemis blushed hotly and obeyed, avoiding his eyes as she took the book and simply nodded.
"I guess it's true about vampire? That you can only roam about at night?" And as she clutched the book as she thought it over. "Does sunlight hurt you?" It was probably a stupid question to him, but all she knew was folk lore about his kind. Nothing.. about the real vampires, anyways.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"When you linger in the night as much as we do, sunlight tends not to become your best friend.  Something in  the skin I guess.  I never pondered too much on it.  You start to decay and turn to ash because sunlight feels all that much more intense.  Technically, the light of the moon is mere reflection of the sunlight, or so I've heard alchemists claim, but it is extremely benign, which is why most vampires linger in darkness.  Not to mention, things are just more beautiful by night, aren't they?  Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen a dawn in about five hundred years."  Dietrich crawled out into the street and dusted himself off of the grime on his hands and walked down the street, quite calm and taking out another cloth from his pocket to clean his face.  Though his clothes covered in dirt, dust and blood wouldn't help his case if trouble came along.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Artemis peered over at him as he explained.
"I think if I ever became a vampire, I'd be asking all sorts of questions. Though does it not seem peculiar to only be able to lurk in the night?" And at his mentioning of the night being beautiful, she gazed up at the stars she could finally see, their light reflecting within her eyes.
"I suppose the night is beautiful, but it also seems.. lonely. THough I suppose it's due to the fact most people are asleep at night." She shrugged, clung to the book tighter and continued to follow him, her eyes ever wary on the shadows, and her hands sweating over the book. She just hoped the demon was ... sleeping.
She was also never really good at conversation, though she was a bit nervous, so her words were more or less just coming out.

Lion

"You are right," he muttered and shrugged along with her.  "That's another thing to be appreciated.  We tend to overlook things when we are occupied with the clutter of day to day life, surrounded by walking meatbags with nothing better to do but make other peoples lives miserable.  Misery loves company after all."  Dietrich frowned and then glanced over to her as she clutched the book.  "Perhaps I'd better hold that now.  I'm...sorry you happened in this...perhaps you'd like to see your family before we leave.  It could be a while."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis lifted her face. He had.. quite an interesting view on life. She would never consider people as meatbags herself, but well.. She shuffled then, uneasily as the focus came back to the book.
"I don't mind carrying it for a time. Perhaps we can find a bag for it so we can keep our arms free."
In truth, she was also clutching to it much like a security blanket, however, in another breath, she was fearful of the thing. "But I suppose if you want to.." she said, hesitantly handing it towards him, but gave pause at his suggestion and blinked as she raised her head.
"Do you think that's a good idea?" she asked, her voice lowering to a whisper.

Lion

Dietrich carefully took the book into his own arm and held it in the crook of his  arm.  "I think it might be best if you kept your distance from the book for a while.  I'll think of a way to hold it without bringing too much attention to us."  He took off his jacket and bundled it inside and held it against him.

"We should go and see them if you wish.  But you cannot tell anyone about me or what happened.  Bas things happen when you say more that you should."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis looked up at him with a frown.
"But what ought I say to them? I'm no good at lieing." she really wasn't,a nd her family called her out everyt ime.

Lion

Dietrich looked down, noting her concern.  "Just say you're going on an extended assignment from the library.  They want you to go down to Serendipity to see about a book.  That's not really lying.  It's the truth...just a little something extra added."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis halted in her tracks.
"Serendipity! Goodness, do we have to travel that far?" her eyes were wide as saucers at the idea.

OOC: SHORT POSTS!!!!

Lion

Dietrich frowned at her.  "What's the big deal?  As a vampire, one has to learn to travel fast across the continent," he said.  "We'll be there faster than you know.  And don't think I'd travel this far north for my health.  There are certain things I don't mind traveling through Mordecai-country for.  In this case, we're leaving Mordecai-country.  Is there a problem?  You don't believe in magic either?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis's lips moved, as if speaking a thousand words a minute, but no sound came out of her lips. Then her eyes fluttered as she shook her head.
"Goodness, no, I do know magics exist its just.." She frowned. "I've never been outside of Connlaoth, or this city for that matter. I... I've never considered this sort of travel. It' just a lot to take in and I don't know if my family would understand such a tall tale."

Lion

"You'll just have to take a leap of faith," Dietrich said.  "Come one we can't waste to much time deliberating.  The sun remember?  C'mon then!"  He nudged her along and kept walking down the street.  "Take us to your house.  Or unless you'd like to skip that part altogether, we can just leave the city."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis cringed, though nodded, making haste as she lead him down one street, then wove them through another, and soon the pair were in a more dingy side of the town, the only beings stirring were rats and one man snoring after having passed out from the effects of alcohol on his front stoop. She stepped around him, keeping close to Dietrich before pausing infront of her house and drawing in a deep breath.

"That's my house. THe one in the middle." she said, gesturing to the row houses, though they all looked the same, almost as if one dull, massive heap of building which was deceptive in itself, for each door partitioned one section of it, and there were a few stories worth of families here.
"We're on the first floor." But she hesitated, and didn't approach, knowing full well they'd all be sleeping, considering not a single candle was lit. This made her frown. They probably had no idea their daughter was in danger. They probably assumed she had been working late (which wasn't unusual). Her eyes flickered down to her boots as she hesitated.

"Perhaps... er.. I could just leave a note," she muttered beneath a whisper, feeling too anxious to go inside. "I think they are all sleeping."

Lion

Dietrich wasn't prepared for what came before him, watching the town transform, almost in seconds, from the posh uptown metropolis that the library was tucked away in, to the darker side of Uthlyn often ignored by its residence.  It wasn't too destitute, but it was easy to see that those that lived here did not have the privilege of flaunting the latest fashions on a daily basis.  Artemis had confessed herself that she and her brother were supporting their sickly family.

Dietrich almost felt sorry for the poor mortal, but not sorry enough.  He approached the stoop beside her and nudged her shoulder.  "We can't stay here deliberating on this.  You either have the gumption or you don't.  Tell them now.  Don't be a coward.  They're your family, they'll understand."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis was still beside herself when the door clicked open.
"Artemis?" came a familiar voice. Artemis turned to him.

"Oh, Arrick!" her eyes went wide, then as her brother stepped outside, it was easy to see him now, heavy muscles, pale skin, blonde hair; all of it capped in moonlight.

"Where have you been? Mom and Dad finally fell asleep an hour ago. They were worried."

Artemis bit her lip.
"I had to stay late." She tried to square her shoulders, glancing only once to Dietrich before looking away. It was only then her brother spotted the man, then smirked.

"Late at the library, right.." he teased. At his tone, Artemis gasped.

"Arrick! Please, this is NOT what it looks like!"

Arrick's grin became bigger.
"Than may I ask who he is?" her brother asked playfully.

Artemis's disposition became sour, her lips pouty as she lowered her head.

"Arrick, this is Mr. Chapel. Mr. Chapel, this is my brother, Arrick."

Lion

Dietrich eyed the burly man that answered the door and the exchange between Artemis and him.  It turned out to be her brother and while he was not one to jump in alarm at the stranger, he eyed him for a moment, unsure what to make of the man.  He looked like he could crush him if he ever set his mind to it, but Dietrich knew he'd be no match for him.  Mortal strength was nothing to him.

"Greetings, Mr. Arrick," Dietrich went on, leaning against the stoop railing, casually and nonchalantly, glad he hid the demon book under his arm and bundled in the jacket.  "I'm afraid your sister here is a little too gifted in her work at the library, so much so I think I may have a job for her.  It involves extensive travel and we came here hoping to get your blessing that she may go."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Where as Arrick had been jovial and light hearted a moment later, his face fell at the words. He immediately looked to his sister, who flinched and looked away.

"Artemis, what's going on?" he shook his head. "This is not like you. Are you in some sort of trouble."

Damn her brother for knowing her too well! She tried to avoid his eyes, but no matter which way she looked, of course he was still staring at her.

"Er... "she sighed, defeated as she shook her head. "Something like that."

"Artemis! What is it!" he tried to reach out for her hand, but she reared away.

"Please, Arrick, don't!" she said, looking up at him with a pout. "I can't explain it all to you now, and I shouldn't be gone for long and-"

Growling, Arrick turned to Dietrich and got right into his face.

"What is the meaning of this? Spit it out and tell me what's actually going on!" Arrick threatened.
Artemis's eyes widened.

"Arrick, please!" she siad, placing her self between Arrick and Dietrich as it looked as if her brother was about to tear Mr. Chapel to pieces. He wasn't even trying to look at her. "I need his helpt o fix this. Please, you must understand. We found some sort of book."

"What book?" Arrick growled, eyes never leaving Dietrich's.

Lion

"He doesn't need to know!" Dietrich snapped and glared daggers at Artemis.  He didn't even flinch at Arricks threats and only shrugged at the man as if he were nothing more than a bug underneath his boots.  He couldn't even be moved by him. 

"It is none of your concern, save to say that if you get involved, it will be the death of you.  And I don't think your sister would like that very much.  Don't get involved, and don't worry, Mr. Arrick.  I'll return your sister to you in relatively good condition."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn