Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sanctified's Wants and Limits

Started by SanctifiedSavage, October 09, 2018, 01:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanctifiedSavage

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I like personal plots. Character development things, messy characters, angst, drama, and all that comes with it. If it falls within that umbrella, chances are I'm at least interested in hearing about it. I do like things to be dynamic though. Give me some fluff with the angst, some depth with the drama, and some fun with the mess. I like to play with my toys.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Pretty much just slice of life things that are real mundane. Going to the store. Picking up juice. Coming back home. Stuff like that. I like action, adventure, fun. Put in a tad of spice.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Monsters, mages, snarky ladies, and fancy bois. There really isn't a character type I don't enjoy playing, because they all have an appeal depending on the plot.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I like to have a rough idea of what we're gonna do. I don't mind just taking two characters and throwing them at a wall, but sometimes they don't stick. So, generally, I like to have a vague sense of "hey, it'd be cool if they met up in a humid jungle, and one was in a trap" rather than "they both meet up in a tavern one dark and stormy night". But, again, I can roll even with that.

How do you feel about group threads?
Bring to me all the things.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
At my current pace? Pretty much every day. Nudge me whenever you want, as frequently as you like, so long as it's private nudges. I dun like being reminded in the middle of like... a group discord chat. But yeah, remind me all you want. I'm a forgetful creature.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Forever. I love threads and I don't drop things unless you're dead or uninterested. 8D

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Eh eh eh. It's fun for quickies ( :P ) but I feel like a lot of character depth can be lost in the speed of it. I'm not against it.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
Let's do it. I don't mind either way.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Go with what you feel, bb.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Tagging is cool. I really am forgetful ( it's a medical thing, I promise it's not just because something else is cooler than your thread with me ). So really, don't feel bad about tagging me, nudging me, or just talking to me. I like communicating.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I'm not a BIG fan of formatting speech or thoughts separately from the rest of a post. It's a bit jarring to me, but I'll get over it.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Let's talk about it. Generally, if it's all good IC – and it's likely to happen – throw my toys. That's what they're there for. If I don't like something, I'll let you know. <3

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
My only request is that if we are planning stuff, and it's not jiving with you, just tell me. Don't blind side me with your character breaking it off and getting involved in other stuff. I'm a shipmaster, man. That stuff breaks my heart.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I don't have limits.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
No limits – though don't have your character surprise mine with a baby. >:C

What about healing?
I figure this falls into the whole godmodding thing. If I don't like something you've done to my broken bahbies, I'll let you know. Otherwise, do what you do. I'm not about to throw a broken character at your high priestess of the healing arts and expect her to let them suffer.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Pretty much the same as above. If I'm in a thread with a human, and a vampire, and it's going in that direction... I mean, it happens. Sorta asking for it at a certain point. Otherwise, we chat about it and we reach a decision we're both happy with.

Anything else?
I really just like communication. If a plot, a thread, a character, whatever isn't what you wanted, isn't something you're happy with – I PROMISE I'm not going to be upset if you just tell me. We'll adjust, we'll change it, or we'll start over so we're both happy. This is for fun, yeah? Let's make it fun for everyone.