Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Desert Encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Jiaolong, January 04, 2018, 10:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiaolong

The man answered with a hearty laugh. "Call me Thomas." Ruby smiled awkwardly—he could tell Maka didn't quite trust this man yet, but hopefully she would come to a little.

Thomas gestured with a hand towards the various potions in the tent. "Feel free to look around, I've got the rarest potions in the desert."

He took out another scroll and a quill pen, dipping it in a pot of ink nearby. He glanced down at the scroll and scribbled things down—orders, calculations. He glanced up once more. "So, tell me, Maka, how'd you and Ruby meet? In all the years I've seen him, he's never traveled with someone else."

DragonSong

Maka simply stayed by the entrance, arms folded and eyes darting around the small space. She shrugged in response to Thomas's question. "Bit of an accident, really. Just sort of...ran into each other."

Jiaolong

Ruby gave a soft chuckle. "More like saved my life. But anyway, I know it's been short, but we need to get going if we want to make it to Adela tomorrow."

He could tell Maka was a bit off in the small, dark tent. Thomas simply nodded, having finished whatever trade he was making with Ruby.

"Well, that's one thing checked off the list," Ruby said as he approached Maka at the entrance. "How about we get some food? The stands here have some local specialties."

DragonSong

"Sure." Maka shrugged, still eyeing their surroundings warily. "I'm following you here, mage. After you."