Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Red Jewel Pirate Crew - Hedonistic adventures with a touch of undead

Started by SanctifiedSavage, October 24, 2018, 03:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanctifiedSavage

Arts : Nele-Diel for DemonGate

· Red Jewel Pirate Ship ·
The Red Jewel is a pirate ship Captained by Vailea La Emere, a lich of 2500 years. The crew is half undead - skeletons, zombies, and ghouls - and the rest 20 some men and women are talented individuals who value treasure, pleasure, and having a good time prowling around the Hivan Ocean. Obviously, they should be fine with undead, too.

The Red Jewel and those aboard generally value more than just silver and gold as treasure. Experiences are worth just as much, depending on what they are - there shouldn't be any fun at the expense of other crew members. A good time is as good a reason as any to do something and everyone is encouraged to find and make their own fun. There's little by way of a moral compass on the ship.

· Crew ·
Captain : Vailea La Emere, played by SanctifiedSavage

Quartermaster : Burton Lamont, played by Kadakism
After Captain, the most authority on the ship is the Quartermaster. As a Captain's right hand, they are in charge when the Captain is not around.  They're frequently the disciplinarian, divvying out punishments should they need to be mete out. Quartermaster is also in charge of food and water supplies.

Navigator : Leenane NicFiacc, played by Kingfisher
Sailing Master is in charge of navigation and piloting, which can be difficult since charts change frequently, can be inaccurate, or they just don't really know where they're going.

Surgeon : Open
Self explanatory, the Red Jewel keeps one on staff for the living members of the crew.

Necromancer : Open
Self explanatory, the Red Jewel keeps one on staff for the undead members of the crew. The undead are frequently responsible for the laborious task of tending to the ship and repairing it. In this, the Necromancer should be knowledgeable in how to direct them to this task.

Carpenter : Open
The supervisor of construction and repairs on the ship.

Boatswain : Open
The boatswain on the deck as the foreman of the crew.  A bosun must be highly skilled in all matters of marlinespike seamanship required for working on deck of a seagoing vessel. The bosun is distinguished from other able seamen by the supervisory roles: planning, scheduling, and assigning work.

Crew : Open
Those not in any named position, but are on the ship regardless. Expected to fight and defend the ship, board other ships, and follow the orders of the Quatermaster.

· How To Join! ·
Hit me up in this thread, via PM, or DM on discord. We can talk about characters, how they'll fit in to the crew, and we'll get them signed up. I love plotting with people and creating stuff. We can have them just signing up, with Vailea recruiting them, or they can be long time voyagers together. I'm pretty much open to any race, creed, color, or the like so long as you think they'll fit in. Let's do this. 8D

· Character Reference List ·
Captain : Vailea La Emere, played by SanctifiedSavage
Quartermaster : Burton Lamont, played by Kadakism
Navigator : Leenane NicFiacc, played by Kingfisher

· Thread Reference List ·
Stranded, for a time - SanctifiedSavage / Sweetharpy
     Vailea makes a new friend while stranded during a storm.
Precious Cargo - SanctifiedSavage / Maiden of Loss
     The Red Jewel seizes the crew and cargo of a merchant ship.
Sea Wolves - Sanctified Savage / Kingfisher
     The Red Jewel overtakes another pirate crew and take on some new members.
The past is gone. Fight for the present. - Sanctified Savage / Mischiefnotmanaged
     The Red Jewel cashes in on a slaver ship and finds some fun on board.
Definitely a merchant vessel, I promise - Dragonsong / Kadakism
     The title says it all. >:3

SanctifiedSavage

After much delay because I'm trash garbage, I've added : Quartermaster : Burton Lamont, played by Kadakism & Navigator : Leenane NicFiacc, played by Kingfisher

:3 You gais are lovely.