Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mud on church steps. [Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, December 07, 2010, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Oh? You know some around here? Maybe you'll show me sometime." As soon as the words left her mouth, Tanith regretted them. That sounded so forward and no one wanted to be in the woods with a witch.

She gave an awkward laugh, trying to quickly change the subject, "I might not be good at killing the critters, but I am a pretty good cook. Would you like anything to eat?"

Rhindeer

Alexander blinked at that, surprised by the request. That did seem rather forward of her--at first. But when he gave it a second's thought, put it into perspective, it just sounded like the request of a lonely girl. She was a witch, after all, and a marked one. Worked in the church and...what else? Did she have any friends at all? Unlikely. People would be nervous around her; he was at first, not just for her mark but also for her looks, the horns and scales and feet that marked her as other.

It took a moment's thought before he answered, "Well...sure. Why not? If you ever have a free moment and it's not storming fury all over the place, I'd be happy to." If she felt comfortable with it. A young witch alone in the woods with a grown man wasn't the safest thing in most parts.

But the subject was onto safer things then, and Alexander smiled at the offer, reminded then that he hadn't eaten since morning. "If it's not too much trouble..." He'd sure caused her enough already.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"I would love it." Tanith wasn't really worried about her virtue. Alexander seemed nice and she was, well, not the type to inspire lust. Not with horns and disgusting legs and scales. "I bet the Father would like it as well. He likes strolling in the woods. Maybe we could have lunch there?"

She knew a desperate edge had creeped into her voice and she tried to hide it, clearing her throat as she stood, "It's no trouble. How about something warm? How about some frumenty? It's nothing fancy, but I'm told mine is very good..."

Rhindeer

"Frumenty? Ah, that sounds good, I'd love some if ya don't mind," Alexander said, then added, "And if you and the Father ever wanted to take lunch there, I'd, ah, be happy to take you there. I mean, I'm not doing much else so it's no trouble at all."

And the girl sounded like she wanted to get out, and he couldn't really blame her.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Oh, um, yes. Thank you. And, well, if you ever want any bread baked or anything, you can, um, use our oven." Tanith gave a small smile. The church had their own oven and didn't have to use the one in the town and pay the taxes on it. They did have to have the miller grind their bread though.

She quickly served him up a bowl, "It's got bacon in it, I hope you like it."

Rhindeer

"I love bacon," Alexander said, tucking into the frumenty with gusto and savoring the wonderful, home-cooked-by-a-woman flavor. It was different than what he made on his own; just wasn't the same and always came out too bland. Women just had a knack.

"This is wonderful. I'd, ah, also like to use your oven if ya really don't mind. I'm not much of a cook and my bread always comes out too dry so, heh...maybe you could give me some pointers, even."

Anonymous

"Oh, well, I'm a pretty decent baker. I would be happy to show you a few tricks." Tanith was also very good with cheese, but she managed to bite down that babbling bit of information. She watched him eat, flushing happily at his compliment as she took her seat again.

It was thrilling and exciting to be talking to someone like she was a normal person. Absently, Tanith ran her fingers along the scales on her arm, "I do all the cooking for me and the Father. I like cooking, so I can show you a lot of tricks and things. It must be hard to just cook for one person."

Rhindeer

"It's not so bad. I've been doing it for so many years now that I'm used to it," Alexander said. "But I always appreciate tips, especially from such a wonderful cook. Besides, I've not much else to do since I've given up soldiering." He flashed her a smile.

"That is, if you're not afraid of giving up your secrets."

Anonymous

"Oh yes! I don't mind at all, I mean, they aren't really that...secret or anything." She had learned a lot of them just listening to the women talk during and after the service. And a few of the women in town took pity on her and she was decently friendly with them.

"I can't imagine you must like being stuck here all the time. You got to go out and see so many new places and protect everyone. It must have been wonderful."

Rhindeer

"Oh, sure, but I missed home, too," Alexander said. "It was great seeing the country, but not really so glamorous as it's made out to be." He grinned. "It was a lot of sleeping outside and running drills and occasional danger. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it--but it was always nice just coming home after all that."

He finished off his frumenty and set the bowl aside. "That's one thing for certain, seeing all those new places makes you appreciate what you've got that much more!"

Anonymous

The storm outside seemed to have passed through the worst, though the wind still howled and the rain beat a heavy pattern across the roof. Tanith picked up the bowl and took it to the sink, cleaning it, "I bet it was wonderful. I've always wanted to see a city, a real one."

Rhindeer

"They're a sight to see. Lots of people, lots of interesting things at market...I've always wanted to see Reajh but never quite made it that far."

He gave Tanith a curious look. "Where would you wanna go?"

Anonymous

"Oh, anywhere. I want to see a city. Maybe not so big as Reajh, but somewhere big. I once heard that Reajh had several thousand people, but I don't believe that." She gave a laugh, shaking her head, "I doubt there are that many people in Connlaoth!"

Rhindeer

"Oh, it wouldn't surprise me. I remember Uthlyn being pretty big. Lot of people there. I was kid so I don't remember how many, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was in the thousands." Alexander grinned. "Now, I ain't been all over Connlaoth, but what I did see was a lot bigger than this village. It's big."

Anonymous

Tanith's eyes widened and she gaped at Alexander, "Really? I can't imagine...how would so many people fit?"

Rhindeer

"Well, it's all spread out and there's a lot of houses," Alexander answered with a laugh. "It's not tiny like this village is."

Anonymous

Tanith frowned, drawing herself up a little, "We aren't that tiny here. Bigger then a lot of other villages around here."

Rhindeer

"Oh, no, that's not what I mean. I just mean compared to the big cities."

Anonymous

"Oh. Well, I guess..." Tanith felt a little unsure, having a hard time imagining a city the size Alexander was talking about. It just defied reason!

Rhindeer

"I wish you could see it," Alexander said. "You wouldn't believe it. But ah--hey, do you hear that?"

Alexander had stopped, straining to listen, and blinked. The wind, which had once been roaring, was now just a low whistle, the thundering rain a trickle. Thunder still rumbled, but it was more distant now, the storm heading away from them. It wasn't done yet but it was subsiding