Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mud on church steps. [Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, December 07, 2010, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tanith gasped, open mouth from shock and awe, "Still! You fought an awful monster and survived! That's amazing!"

She would have said more, but a loud slam startled her and she squealed, grabbing Alexander's arm and half coming out of her chair. A moment later, a rather wet man in the simple clothes of the Father appeared, shaking out his hair, "Tanith dear, would you-Uh....well, it looks like we have company."

The Father fixed Alexander a very pointed look that seemed to remind Alexander that he was in a church with a young girl gripping his arm and that just wasn't proper.

Rhindeer

Alexander had been about to respond when a slam echoed throughout the empty church and Tanith squealed and grabbed his arm. He jumped in surprise--the wind, maybe? He'd thought it had stopped--and was about to say that he'd go check what it was when none other than the Father appeared.

And he looked...none too thrilled to see him.

It was a few stunted seconds before Alexander realized why: for one, Tanith was clinging to him.

For two, they were an older man and a young woman alone together.

And for three--to really put the nail in the coffin--he was still shirtless. And bootless.

The implications hadn't really struck him until that  look. Until then, he was just comforting a scared Tanith and drying off as he waited for the storm to pass.

Shit.

He tugged away from Tanith quickly--a bit too quickly--and straightened up. "Oh, uh...yes." Well, damn if he didn't feel stupid now. And guilty, even though he'd done nothing! "Ah, I was just waiting out the storm. And I see it's passed."

Smooth.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Tanith hadn't noticed the look the Father had given Alexander, but she felt him jerk away and she quickly lowered her hands and backed away. It was too easy to forget what she was when all alone, it was another thing to want someone seeing it.

Then her cheeks flushed when she realized Alexander was still shirtless. Moving quickly to where his clothes were hanging, Tanith grabbed his shirt, "I think its mostly dry now...though, um, can I get you something hot to drink sir?"

"No dear. But could you fetch me some warm clothes? That's a dear." The Father gave her a warm smile as she headed out of the room, then gave Alexander an icy look, "Well. Yes. The church is a sanctuary for those in need. Though, generally its a good idea to stay clothes while in the company of young girls."

Rhindeer

Aaand then he was alone with the Father.

Alexander shifted awkwardly under his stare and felt heat rush to his face, but he hid it by yanking his shirt on over his head. "Ah...yes, sir. They were just, erm, very wet from the storm. But they're dry now and, ah...well, I should be getting back home now it's not raining."

Grabbing his boots, he started tugging them on. They were still a bit squishy inside, but not nearly what they had been.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Yes. I think that is a good idea." The Father crossed his arms, staring down at Alexander, every inch of him radiating disapproval, "Tanith is a good girl. She might be a marked mage, but she's a good girl and a little...naive. It would be a bad thing if someone were to try and take advantage of that."

Rhindeer

It was the quickest Alexander had gotten dressed in a long time.

"Uh, yeah. That would be bad," he agreed, tone and expression neutral. He did not like where the Father was going with this. "She's the last person that'd deserve that. Now, ah, I better go before the rain starts up again."

He had kind of been hoping that Tanith would show up so he could at least say goodbye and thank her again, but he also didn't want to stay long under that judging, disapproving stare. Alexander rose to his feet and edged toward the door.

Anonymous

Father Phillip's disapproval had been honed and managed to still follow after Alexander, even after his gaze was cut off by the door. As Alexander made his way across the church, Tanith reappeared, holding a bundle of clothes, "Oh, are you leaving?"

Rhindeer

Alexander jumped at her voice before whirling to face her.

"Oh. Oh, ah, yes. I should probably go while it's calm out. Let you get a little peace." He gave a sheepish grin. "It was a pleasure, Tanith. Thank you."

Anonymous

Tanith nodded, flushing a little in the dim light, "Thank you. It was nice to have the company. Sorry again for snapping."

Though it was a little painful to see her floors all dirty. She would have to clean them up again once the Father was taken care of. She gave an awkward little bow, hands full of clothes for the Father, "I...um...I'll see you around town."

She then hurried off to take care of the soaking Father, cheeks still a bit pink.