Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Night light to guide the way

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2011, 11:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"You aren't an old man!" Tanith was so glad it was dark as her face had to be bright red. She took Alexander's hand, her heart thudding in her chest as they started up the dance. She took extra care with her feet, not wanting to brush them against Alexander accidentally or even worse, step on them.

Again, she moved away from him, passing partners around until she was back with him. So many things tumbled through her head, trying to think of the right one, "You have very strong arms!"

...that was not the right one.

Rhindeer

Alexander laughed once they were together again, surprised by that announcement--and both amused and a little taken aback by it. It was such a...random thing to say--and it also made his face heat a little, though he blamed it on exertion.

"I should hope so!" he said. "I was a soldier, after all!"

And he still kept in shape, still practiced his swordplay--and it was a little flattering hearing it showed, and yet horrifying because it was so inappropriate coming from her.

...And worse because he kind of liked it, and shouldn't.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"I can tell!" Tanith laughed, blushing a glad her comment hadn't come out too badly. She clung a little closer, the drinks making her feel a little bold. Plus, she had kinda, maybe been flirted with by someone.

"It makes me feel little!"

Rhindeer

That made Alexander flush a little hotter, but he blamed it on the alcohol. He laughed--and the Father's warning flashed through his head, warning him of danger. He quickly shook it away. It didn't mean anything...

"Haha, well, now you're making me feel big. Uh. Strong. Ah--how are you liking the festival?" he said, clearing his throat.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"I love it! I love getting to dance and talk to people." Tanith was glowing as she spoke, beaming up at Alexander, "It's the best night!"

Rhindeer

"Agreed!" Alexander said, and decided she had had quite enough to drink. He could see what the Father meant--and it would be bad if anyone with bad intentions came upon her now. Like that other soldier. Yeah. It was probably a good idea for him to stick close to her. To protect her. Yep.

"It's a lot of fun, not having to worry about the usual things. I'm, uh...glad we got to run into each other again. You're rather good at this."

Anonymous

"Really? I'm so glad you think so!" Tanith laughed again, feeling a little giddy, "I think I want another cider though. It makes it easier to talk to people!"

Rhindeer

"Oh, I think you've had enough cider!" Alexander said as the dance ended, not realizing that he was holding her a bit closer than was entirely appropriate. "And I can understand ya just fine. You don't want too much or you'll start slurring, and then you may be chattier but people won't know what you're saying!"

He smiled to show he was teasing--though, really, he didn't think it wise for her to get any tipsier.

Anonymous

Tanith shook her head, clinging to him as they walked. It was okay, right? They had been dancing and he was leading her and he smelled really good, "I guess, but its so tasty. You're a really good dancer! Thank you, for dancing with me."

Rhindeer

"That's how it gets you--because it's tasty," Alexander said. "It's not so tasty coming back up. Why don't we get you another sweet cake? That's even tastier and won't fog your mind."

Her comment had him glancing down, awkward. "Anyway, uh...thanks. That was a lot of fun." And ugh, he wished he could say something that didn't sound so...stiff. But everything else he wanted to say (like that he liked seeing her enjoying herself, or that she had a good smile) wasn't really appropriate.

Anonymous

"Oh, I don't get sick." Tanith shook her head, "Because I'm a monster, I can drink a lot more than a human can." It hurt saying those words, but thats what she was. Inhuman.

"I like cake though!" Tanith headed over to where the food was, helping herself to another mug of cider and a sweet cake.

Rhindeer

"Don't say that," Alexander said, frowning. "You're not a monster."

Mage? Sure. Monster? Monsters were evil. Whatever her deformities, she was not some slavering, evil beast.

And, after that day spent trading stories and gossip in the church, he noticed those traits less and less, anyway. Sure, sometimes it was hard not to stare, hard not to study her horns or feet and wonder how the hell she got that way--but beneath it all was a young, pleasant, naive village girl, and it was that girl he'd gotten to know.

Anonymous

Tanith gave another small laugh and reached up, touching her horns, "I think these say otherwise." She held out a cake to Alexander, "Try some. They're very good."

Rhindeer

Alexander didn't really know what to say to that, so he said nothing. Instead, he took the offered cake and tried a bite.

"Mm, those are good. But not nearly so good as the pie you made." Which that one kid had stole some of! He was still a little bitter about that. "Ah, I think if I eat much more I may burst!"

Anonymous

There wasn't much to say, because according to the world around them, she was a monster.

She flushed and gave Alexander a bright smile, "Really? I would be happy to make you another one!" Tanith had been going to say more when the party came to a bit of a halt. A soldier, a soaked bandage around his leg, was limping into camp. He looked rather like hell and he was making a beeline for Faolán.

Leon grabbed the kid into a tight bear hug, "Thank Ansgar you are alive!"

Rhindeer

Alexander had been about to say he'd love that when the soldier arrived.

One he quickly recognized, though he said nothing, not wanting to interfere with the current reunion going on.

Faolán had been making his way back to the tables to sit down when a sudden hush fell over the party. Before he could turn to look and see what was up, he felt strong arms around him as he was wrapped up in a tight embrace, a familiar voice filling his ears.

His heart leaped and he twisted around in the hug to face Leon, then squeezed him tighter, face buried against his neck. "Leon! Thank God. I'd been asking for ya but I couldn't really go far 'cause, well--hey! You're hurt!"

Pulling back from Leon, he stared down at his leg, remembering the way that thing had snapped the bone. Indeed, wrapping his leg was a soaked bandage. Faolán winced and looked up at Leon in horror. "Haven't you gotten that treated?"

Anonymous

"There really wasn't time as last time I saw you YOU WERE BEING DRAGGED OFF BY A MONSTER!" Finding Faolán alive and well had been a relief, but finding him at a party, after he had been searching and worried out of his mind was a little upsetting.

He hadn't really even noticed that he knew the village pretty well. His old mentor had settled here, though his eyes were for Faolán only. He hadn't even noticed the freaky looking girl that was standing next to them, wide eyed and staring.