Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Different but Good ((Rina!))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, June 24, 2011, 11:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

From the moment she had emerged from that place, that terrible place where she had rested for so long, she had known that it was a different world than it once was. For a while, she had wandered the ruins of the place that once was. She could feel the curse that had settled there, which caused her much discomfort. It bothered her that it was still so strong after who knows how many years.

She strolled along the streets of Connlaoth. She wasn't used to so many people at once in the streets, but it didn't bother her. Neither did the occasional stares that were cast her way. She wanted to stare at them as well. She supposed the new world was alright enough, but it had scared her at first. So many new things, so many new customs. At least some things were the same. She stopped momentarily to look up at a carefully built stone archway above her. She continued walking, then sat down on a short stone wall lining the road. My, how far everything had come.

((sorry if it isn't that great, I'm losing my touch at starting posts ^_^;))

Anonymous

Leon was having a very rough time. Things had been crazy, mages were showing up all over and he seemed to be running into all of them. He was sore, not fully recovered from his last encounter. It would be nice to have a week go by without any problems.

But that didn't seem to be in store for him. After that insane alchemist and her violent lover had appeared, things were running tense. And now some weird looking woman wearing armor was moving through streets.

He could just ignore it. Walk the other way and let someone else deal with it. And Leon entrained that idea for a moment. But he knew he couldn't. So he approached, a little wary, "Uh...excuse me? Ma'am?"

CastlesInTheSky

She was surprised to be addressed, and it took her a moment to realize the man was speaking to her. She turned around to face him, not wanting to be rude. The man looked tired somehow, as if something had been bothering him, but she didn't take much time in pondering what it was. She hoped she wasn't doing anything wrong. No need to cause a riot when there's no cause. In a gesture of respect while talking to someone she swept her hood off of her head. After studying him for a moment, she nodded. There was a detached manner the way she was acting, not particularly friendly but respectful. "Greetings to you, sir. What business do you have talking to me?" Her words were changed by a bit of an accent, and she spoke a bit awkwardly, as if the words weren't coming to her very easily.

Anonymous

"Well, uh...just wantin' to say hello and all that." He didn't want to be too rude off the bat, "That's some real...interesting armor. Where did ya come by it?"

CastlesInTheSky

She gave him a bit of a skeptical look. Yeah, right. She doubted he just came up to her and said hello out of just friendliness. Her arms were kept crossed. She was a bit surprised by his question, but didn't show it. Where did she get her armor? Well, that was a hard one to explain. She hoped he wasn't thinking she stole it from somewhere. "Well, it's always been mine. I was a soldier once." She hoped it wasn't too strange for the current times. "Is there a problem with it?"

Anonymous

"Well, ya know, not really a problem or nothin', just" Leon gave a short laugh, rubbing the back of his neck, "Just looks a bit magical and all. Gotta make sure ya ain't a mage or nothin'. Not that ya look like a witch, pretty thing like you. Just, well, ya know how it is."

CastlesInTheSky

Judging by the fact that she had to be marked even though she was only a person having been affected by magic in the past, she could guess how it was. She did understand, though. She said, "I hate magic, it has scarred me in the past. I promise you won't have problems with me." She sighed a little, looking a little depressed at thinking of her past.

Anonymous

"Oh yeah, for sure. I mean, magic's pretty evil." Leon smiled, though he didn't relax. It was easy to say things like that and he wanted to make sure she wasn't actually a mage trying to hide out.

"Hey, let's say I buy ya a drink and ya can tell me all about it. Get it off yer chest."

CastlesInTheSky

"Sure...that sounds fine."

Normally, she would have probably declined, but she realized that she didn't have much else to do. She was walking about in a city much ahead of what she was used to and had no relations left to speak of.

((Sorry for the short post. I wasn't sure what else was to be said. ^^;))

Anonymous

"Wonderful!" Hopefully with a bit of luck and some booze, Leon could probe her a bit and see if she was a mage. So far, she was just giving off exotic vibes, but better safe than sorry. Leading the way, he found a small tavern, hardly more than a building with a few barrels of ale and cider.

"Two ales!" Leon passed over some coins and got back two large mugs filled with cheap ale. Passing one over, he took a long drink and grinned at the woman, "Ya said ya had problems with magic?"

CastlesInTheSky

She took a long gulp of her drink and set it back down. "Yeah, some mage messed me up." She frowned. "I hate that person, at least they're long gone."

Anonymous

"What happened? I mean, mages just fuck everything up, ya know? They gotta mettle in shit that ain't supposed to be mettled with." Leon took a smaller drink, watching the woman.

CastlesInTheSky

She took another sip, smaller than the last. "Well, of course they fuck everything up. They're mages. That's their job." She looked straight at him. "They tried to change what I am and they made me a freak. I mean, look here-" She lifted part of her lip with her finger, exposing her strange set of teeth mixed with normal ones. "And that's not even it."

Anonymous

Leon recoiled in horror before he could stop himself. That was just disturbing! He quickly regained his composure, "Ah, well, I'm sorry. That's real awful. Yer gonna wanna go get a mark though, as that's a magical influence and all."

He felt a little bad about this one, the poor girl was ravaged be magic, by dark and evil witches. But the law was the law and it would be better for her to just have the mark and not have to worry anymore. Breaking that law was dangerous.