Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eyes Like Demons

Started by Looshi, December 15, 2011, 03:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looshi

"No." He said, running his hand along the side of the wagon as he followed. Ansgar help him, his patience was waning as it was. The tempting fantasy of a night drinking amongst men who did not care he smelt of wet dog, for they clearly had experienced worse, did call to him. It was not the right time. He would get careless when the swill was draining down his throat. Lorant shook his head out of Quinlan's sight.

"My God will forgive me for brief lapses in judgement." Staring straight ahead, Lorant was keen on keeping his eyes steady on the soldier and the horse flicking her tail. While the mare was sated, he would have preferred if it was done quietly. "And sooner than He would forgive you, if you keep on trying to charm a marked mage."

His common smirk played on his face, not the smile the young man was looking for but a smile nonetheless. He could play the part of the righteous Brother, and maybe that's what it would take.

Anonymous

"Why? Ain't nothin' wrong with a bit of kissin' an' touchin' and all that. Ansgar will forgive me." Quinlan beamed, not at all bothered by Lorant's attempts at piousness. He walked along with the horse, still keeping her calm around the mage. There was just something about Lorant the horse really didn't like.

"Ya can't try and act all uptight now. Or...ooooh. I get it. Ya can't hold yer booze and now yer tryin' ta back out."

Looshi

"I'm a mage, boy." Lorant said. What was it about that concept that he didn't get? People like himself were not normal, and in that sense he did not deserve to have the same freedom. Magic was a chance for redemption, from all the past sins his soul had accumulated, if he could resist the temptation. He could not afford many distractions from his purpose.

"Answer me this. If the alcohol takes hold of my better, would a greenhorn have the prowess to strike down a mage?" Well, that was one of the reasons. The other was, in truth, Lorant did not have a tolerance for alcohol, and Ansgar be damned he was not going to let a kid out drink him. Or even give him a chance.

Anonymous

"Yeah. We already established that. We're movin' on from that bit." Quinlan grinned the smile of one that had never really had to deal with anything like that. He didn't understand what that label really meant, "And yer tall, but I bet I could take ya. Sides, I doubt yer an angry drunk. Yer angry sober."