Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lighting of the Lake

Started by visualspice, November 28, 2012, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Like hell you are!" Valia snatched onto his arm and held on tight. "Didn't you just hear me? I haven't got any time to lose! Now come on!" she said with a stomp of her heel. "We must get into town immediately!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Her grip was surprisingly firm, and Faolán lamented the fact that she was almost as tall as he. "Please, m'lady! It'll only take a minute!" he said, desperately looking back over his shoulder. "It's a candle! For the festival!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Valia's pink eyes flared hot as hell.
"Like hell if I'll let you just do what you want!" she snapped and gave a tug on his arm. "And besides, I could give you like a million of those stupid candles.. come.." she grunted, giving a pull. "on!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Faolán blinked. "Will you?" he asked, hopeful despite what he'd seen of her so far, and slowly started to give, letting her pull him along. Well, "let" was maybe a strong word; the girl was nearly as big as him and resistance was pretty much futile.

"Give me a candle, I mean? I'd pay you back when I could! But I'd really, really appreciate that if you could!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Valia rolled her eyes and kept on pulling.
"Yeah, whatever," but then she realized something and turned to him, jabbing a sharp finger into his chest. "And you had better use that candle on me." She hissed.

Rhindeer

When she jabbed her finger at his chest, Faolán jolted and reflexively batted her hand away. Realizing his mistake, he grimaced. "I'm sorry, m'lady!" he got out quickly. "I...soldier's reflex. We're trained to anticipate attack and...I...I'm sorry."

visualspice

Valia narrowed her eyes poisonously upon him.
"Keep that up and you'll have a soldier's funeral! Now come on!" and the pair headed off to town, a reluctant Faolan in tow as Valia began to make her way into all sorts of shops, demanding this and that and completely terrorizing the place until her pink poof outfit was even more pink, even more poofy, and she had just about too many diamonds dotting her face and chest she looked like she had a disease. Eevn her hair was in a curly array that looked mor elike lemon snakes than anything sweet, with pearls strung throughout it nad peachy colored flowers and tinier pink ones for accet entangled within.

And the stars were already coming out byt he time she was done, as she paused before a great big, brass mirror and fussed over the tightness of her corset.
"Hrm.. they don't pop out enough.." she grumbled, talking about her boobs as she fussed over them, then darted an eye over to Faolan. Had he just been picking his nose? She glowered.

"You, soldier boy. Get over her enad help with these laces. Then we can get back to the lake so I can win that beauty competition."

TheHighwayman

Drin spat fire from his mouth in frustration- luckily for him the roof he was currently sitting on, whiskey bottle in hand, shielded him from view. Where was it? Where was the demon? Where was his target? He knew it was here, in this town, but he'd been searching for three days now with no luck, and while he had enjoyed the festive mood of the place- hence the whiskey in hand now- he had a job to do! Surely a mage with access to divination magic couldn't be eluded that long, could he? And none of the spells he'd set up to warn him if the demon had left had gone off either... It had to still be there, it had to! Drin punched the chimney and growled. What was he doing wrong!?

A few moments of headbutting said chimney later, he had it- and noticed with satisfaction that the chimney looked more bruised than his head felt. So far he'd been scrying for the demon he remembered, one that appeared as about a thirty year-old man. What if it could change its shape? What if it had taken a different form, as he suspected it could? Maybe... yes, that could work. He thought he'd known three things for certain about his quarry: its appearance, its nature, and the fact that it was currently in possession of part of his soul. If the first wouldn't yield him any results, maybe he should search based on the second...

The devil had been one of the most conceited, self-centered beings he'd ever known, so, if he scryed based on that, it just might work. His eyes blazed with new-found enthusiasm as he took the nearly empty bottle in hand and tilted it just enough that it wouldn't pour out yet, and began. "Show me eyes that care nothing for what they see. Show me ears that hear only what they wish to hear. Show me a face that conceals a twisted spirit within. Show me the embodiment of self-interest!" As he poured the drink into an outstretched hand, an image came into view...

Arrgh! Drin reeled at the sight and put another dent in the chimney behind him. That was going to haunt him in his nightmares. The woman the spell had chosen to display for him was possibly the gaudiest thing he'd ever seen! Disgusting. What use would such a form be- surely nobody would trust the demon if it looked like that! Unless... maybe it simply wanted to create envy in others through a completely unnecessary display of opulence? Either way, the spell couldn't lie. He'd seen that shop during his time here- it wasn't far, actually. For once things were going his way.

Hopping down from his rooftop- and scaring the passers-by half to death in the process- the hulking man started off. A maniacal grin crossed his face, but he kept his flames in check... for now. He couldn't afford the guard getting in the way this time. He could cut loose once he had the monster in his grip.

Rhindeer

The girl was an absolute terror, but Faolán had no choice but to tag along, and the more places they went, and the gaudier her outfit became, the more he concluded that nobles were absolutely, completely out of their minds. Serenus was right--their world was a different one that, to Faolán, felt disconnected from the real one.

As Valia checked herself out in a mirror, Faolán stood by the door, not really paying attention to much but the window beyond as he fretted. At this rate, they would be late! This girl was never going to finish! And...he peeked at her sidelong. Did she...did she really think that looked good? The dress and gems she was wearing now were worth more than what he'd make in ten lifetimes, but it looked terrible.

You obviously just don't understand fashion, peasant boy, he thought mockingly, rolling his eyes. Looking like a walking disaster is the latest style! Duh! Lowborns obviously wouldn't know good taste if it smacked them in the--

Valia spoke, and he flinched. "Yes, m'lady."

Smoothing his face out of its scowl, he shuffled over to her--and then blushed when he saw how tight her corset was, how bulging her breasts, and that she wanted him to...what?

"Uhhh..." He stared at her back, and how intricately it was laced. "I...what do I...?"

visualspice

Valia jut her chest out even further.
"THe laces, boy! The laces! Just take them and pull them tighter!" she hissed, glaring her pink eyes back at him. "Really, do I have to explain everything to you? Gods, thank goodness I'm not asking you to delace me." She muttered. "Now come on! Hurry up! We haven't gotten all day, er.. all night! The ceremony will begin soon!" and the sound of the bells in town confirmed it.
"Come on, come on!"

TheHighwayman

Drin noted that the streets were clearing as people gathered for the ceremony. Perfect, he thought, he'd have as little interference as possible. He'd been searching years for this, best if nobody got in the way- he doubted he'd be able to restrain himself if they did. Ah, here was the alley that would take him right to the end of the street that shop was in. Just a few more moments...

The man gave a hop as he went- it was just going perfectly. Now he just had to finish the hunt and cele- squeewsh! Something smashed right into Drin's face, getting everywhere and obscuring his vision. What was that? Ah well, he'd just clear it off and- and the furious buzzing that was followed by painful stings all over answered his question. He'd not noticed a beehive there before... "Bees! Get them off, get them off, get them off! Raaargh!" Fire flared around his hands, threatening to spread and envelope both him and the bugs. No, can't give myself away, just have to get a little closer...

So it was that Drin, having successfully contained his fire, fled the alleyway, covered in angry bees and swatting madly in an effort to get rid of them.  "RAAARGH! Get off! I'll kill all of you! And smash your home! Raargh!" It didn't occur to him that he'd already carried out the last bit of his threat. Astonishingly, the bees failed to grasp the mastery of his diplomacy and continued stinging him.

Drin attempted to slam his back against a nearby wall... and missed, crashing through the doorway of a certain building, flailing and covered in bees. "RAAARGH! Get 'em off!"

visualspice

Valia took one good look at the man covered in bees ad let out a scream. Instincts set in and all she could think of doing was to SHOVE Faolan clean at the monster of a man before she curtailed it and found a nearby place to dive for cover.

Rhindeer

Faolán's face burned brighter when she spoke of delacing--oh God, this was so awkward! But just has he got his fingers on the laces and started to pull them tighter, a screaming thing burst into the room, flailing and covered in...bees?!

Before Faolán could process the nightmare unfolding before him, Valia screamed, and then he was tumbling toward the howling man with a cry of his own. He smacked into the man and they both went down, and then the bees were on them both, and Faolán began to scream as they swarmed and stung, voice high with panic and pain.

"Ow! Ow! Get 'em off! Help!"

Somehow, he managed to scramble off of the man and bolted, blindly, for the door with some bees still flying after him and more still attached to him by their stingers.

visualspice

A fat vendor with a pencil thin black mustache and greasy, slicked back hair that was cropped short and had a gut that surpassed the stretchability of his pants and a neck far thicker than his head, came wobbly down the road, humming a light and cheery, but off-tune song about the wares he was selling. They were swinging from his cart. Most of the wares were pots or pants, and occasionally a few glinting butcher knives that caught the fading light of day. Here, as he walked along, they were clanging together as he pulled along his cart using his massive arms that seemed to reach down to the ground.

He was the first thing Valia saw as she went screaming bloody murder down the cobblestone street- pink dress and train flailing behind her like a long-scrolled curtain. Her breasts were about ready to pop clean out of her dress, and her pink high heels, about ready to lit up sparks on the stone street. Despite all of her wailing, the poor vendor didn't see her coming, nor the plague of angry bees that were following suit, and as Valia approached, she grabbed onto a pot and whirled around, still screaming as she began to bat the bees away like baseballs, her arms flailing with desperation and madness.

"GET THEM AWAY! GET THEM AWAY!" she cried. But she gasped as she realized a few were getting around her line of defense, one stinging at her neck as she gasped and smacked her hand at it, then another daring to run up the bustle of her dress as her pink eyes widened and she dropped the pot and ran like hell, right towards the lake where she plummeting clean into the waters.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And on the other side f the lake....

Aella had been minding her own business, excitedly preparing for the day as one of her servants was tending to her pretty pink make up and flowers adorning her long, shining blonde hair when she heard a scream on the other side of the lake. Turning around with a gasp, Aella placed two hands to her cheeks and cried, "Oh! That poor girl has fallen into the water!" Little did she know...
Duchess Melora took one look across the water and sneered, placing a hand upon Aella's shoulders as a gesture for her to move back from the shore line.

"You shouldn't stand so closer to the waters yourself. Now, wait here a moment while I go speak to General Serenus again. It seems he had gotten my letter," her mother stated, grinning widely, like a cat, as she abandoned Aella temporarily to slip off towards where their carriage was parked behind a coven of trees.

Aella simply nodded, standing there at full attention as she waited for her mother to return, but she seemed to be taking an awful long time...
and as the sun continued to set, Aella found herself not only anxious, but now bored as she blew a breath upwards towards the bangs of her hair. ANd despite her mother's warning, she walked lightly along the shore line, her eyes curiously peering over towards where the other, pink-dressed girl had been flailing about in the waters and found herself smiling, even as she tried to tuck it away. It seemed like that girl ws having fun, and she sighed enviously.

Paradox

His brother would be furious. Coming here rather than searching for his siblings first was incredibly selfish of him and he knew it, but Laighean couldn't help himself. He was drawn to the merriment of the festivities and the fact that this might have been the only opportunity to enjoy himself after an eternity of boredom. His only regret was that his sister wasn't here to enjoy it . At least she remembered how to have fun.

Predictably, Laighean's interest wasn't necessarily in the actual festivities themselves. Parties had women. Lots of them and THAT was something that he WAS interested in. And oh boy were there a great many bonnie lasses ! So many, in fact, that poor Laighean did not know where to begin and so he moved through the city with a spring in his step , his heart light and giddy like a young boy who'd just been told that he could have his pick of anything in a sweet shop.

He flirted with any pretty thing that gave him the time of day. And he was handsome enough to receive a fair bit of attention though it was all quite harmless and he was somewhat dismayed by that. Ah well! The day was young and he was confident that he'd get lucky before the night arrived!

He found a fair young lass around his age selling candles, a Sister of the church it seemed . "Ansgar smile upon you, sir. Perhaps I could interest you in purchasing a candle for the ceremony tonight?"

Laighean smiled back at her, "Ye certainly could, lass. " His eyes drank in her image, but there was hardly anything lewd about it. His gaze was appreciative.  She was a pretty one! Had he any money, he'd buy as many candles as she asked him to! He shook his head, "Ah'm new t' the area. Ah don't suppose ah'd be askin' to mooch if ah asked ye what this Lightin' the Lake thing is aboot?"

The Sister's smile grew but the expression was innocent. Clearly , she did not have the same thing in mind as he did, " Oh, no. I don't mind explaining at all. " She told him cheerfully.

And while she was explaining, he was only half-listening while he thought of a way of asking her for a dance later when... quite unexpectedly a woman in pink came screaming by with a trail of buzzing rage following her. "Guardian's fangs! " Laighean was wise enough to step clear of the peculiar sight. Unfortunately, the poor sister did not . With a shriek, she dropped her box of candles that she'd been selling and ran away down the street and toward the lake as fast as she could whilst swatting feverishly at  some of the enraged bees that had broken off from pursuing Valia in order to pursue her.   

"Wait! " Laighean called after her, "Ye forgot your...." He looked down at the box of candles and frowned. He bent to pick them up and was about to follow after her when a woman approached him with coin in hand. "Two, please."

Laighean stared at the woman and then at the little boy who clasped her hand tightly. "Sorry?"

The woman frowned slightly at him, "You're selling candles for tonight, aren't you?"

"Er..." He looked back over his shoulder toward the lake and caught a glimpse of the pink girl and the sister taking a dive into the lake to escape the bees. He turned back to look at the woman , "Aye, sure. Tha' ah am, miss! " He grinned at the woman and her child and accepted the coin. He gave them a candle each, " There ye are! Enjoy th' festivities! " He waved as they departed. Business concluded, he started to turn toward the lake to give the Sister her box back when someone tapped him on the shoulder and offered him coin.

"I'd like one."

Laighean sighed.

ooc: Hope this entrance is alright, folks. Ehehehe.

TheHighwayman

Well, so much for that plan. Drin growled, and gave up on ever being rid of the bees with any subtlety. With a growl he summoned his flames to envelope his body, vaporizing the bees nearly instantly. Then he peered around at the now empty shop- well, at least nobody had seen him. Spitting fire in frustration, the mage started off in search of his quarry once again, his face now swollen from the bee-stings. Now, where would she have gone... ah, the lake, of course!

Quickening his pace, Drin caught sight of the woman as she condemned another poor girl to the same fate and charged into the lake. With a shout, he sprinted after them, nearly knocking over the man who seemed to have been roped into taking over the second girl's business. For an instant he wondered what had happened to the other young man- he'd not planned on causing trouble for him. Soon enough though, his thoughts were turned back to the hunt, and he bellowed "Give me back what's mine!" before giving a great leap into the water.

visualspice

Valia gasped, a curtain of her long, golden hair suctioning to her face. She couldn't see, she couldn't breath, and was still flailing about within the water, crying out, "I can't swim! I can't swim!" and when Drin dove into the water, she INSTANTLY latched onto him, screaming to high hell within his ears.
"Save me! Save me! The water's going to eat me!"
A silly thing to say but.. in her frantic state (and with the bees now gone) all she could think of was to latch onto the closest thing for salvation- and unfortunately for the bee-stunged mage, that was him.

Rhindeer

It was only seconds after Drin leaped into the lake that Faolán joined the group of them, plummeting into the water--both to escape the bees and to bloody save the noble brat! God, could this day get any more miserable?! His heart beat quicker just imagining what would happen if Serenus--or, God no, her parents, shit!--found out about any of this or worse, if actual harm came to her while he was supposed to be chaperoning her!

It was lucky that he at least knew how to swim, having grown up near a water hole that the village children liked to play in, but it was a little difficult when so much of him felt swollen and awful and puffy. Not to mention that he was wearing boots that were now full of water and dragging him down.

The bees gave up their chase, and Faolán swam his way to where Valia was clinging to (and basically drowning) the crazy bee man.

"Lady Valia, let go!" he said, reaching for her. "C'mere!"

visualspice

OOC: lol, Rhi you typed Aella but I know you meant Valia <3

--------

The moment Faolán approached and asked her to let go, she shrieked out, "No! Can't you see I'm drowning you fool?! I will not let go! I might die!" And she continued to flail around incessantly, desperately clinging onto the 'bee man' without a break- and as Faolán suspected, she probably was drowning him!
And now all eyes appeared to be on the water, where a girl in a pretty pink, shimmering dress was now appearing to dissolve into a pretty pink, shimmering mess upon the waters.
"Help me! Help me!" she continued to cry and wail...
in the water that was only four feet deep.

TheHighwayman

Drin flailed. For such an intimidating man, perhaps one would expect something else. Perhaps one would expect him to thrash, or fight, or something, but what he did could only really be called random flailing. He wasn't the best swimmer to begin with, and with the girl pulling him down he could already tell he wouldn't be able to get back to land. He yelled, "Demon! First you steal from me, then you try to drown me! I'll kill you, I'll kill y- gurglegurglegurglegurle." Water flooded into Drin's mouth as he sunk under. This was it, he thought. This close, and he was going to drown. Sparks came to his eyes and then were immediately extinguished by the water. He wouldn't die like this. No! Not a chance! Not this close!

...And then his feet touched the bottom. Oh, he thought, giving a great heave, straightening himself up, and immediately emerging from the water- lifting Valia's head well above the waterline in the process. The big man spat and spluttered, glaring at everything around him. "Right. Shallow water. I knew that. Now..." he looked to Valia. "Give me back what's mine!"