Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Delivery Disrupted

Started by TreeFolk, April 12, 2015, 11:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeFolk

"Oh... Right...You can look now."

She shifted beneath the blanket, and looked away too. "And come out when you like. You can share my blanket, if you like. The night is a bit chill."

visualspice

She didn't need to tell him twice. After whacking away another set of mosquitos, he was out of there in a flash. Unlike her, he hadn't the option to dry himself on the winds, but used his t-shirt to soak up his hair and wipe down his body. Then he tossed it on a low tree branch to dry after slipping into his pants. They stuck awkwardly, since he hadn't dried himself properly, but he didn't rightly care, and he was rummaging through his own supplies and pulled out his under shirt to throw on. He was not sleeping shirtless tonight. He'd be eaten alive, and smashed a mosquito on his arm that had been trying to bite him.

"Remind me I'm not a fan of ponds," he grumbled and peered over at her, all nice and nestled in her blanket. He took a seat nearby, arms folded across his shoulder as he sighed and settled in, leaning his head up to stare at the stars.

"How much time will you need to, you know, heal or whatever." He wasn't sure what to call her problem with being 'out of touch' with nature.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

Kieta watched as he sat down, surprised at his sudden shift in behavior. Maybe she had touched on a nerve? "A pond is better than having the filth of that place clinging."

When he sat down apart from her, she shrugged, pulling the blanket more tightly around herself. She closed her eyes, but still spoke. "You mean, when will daisies stop sprouting around me?" It was slower now, but there was still the measured growth of plants around her. At least she could control it a bit now, and she used it to grow soft, warmer plants, like lambs ears. "Probably by tomorrow morning. It was a short confinement, so a short recovery."

"What do you know of the place we're to go to? How far is it?"

visualspice

Trest pressed his lips together in thought.
"It's on the nicer end of town. She wants us to go among the nobles, as if either of us are really equipped for that."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

Kieta allowed the vines of the tree to gently form around her shoulders, essentially giving her support. Yawning again, she mumbled something incoherent to him, but couldn't will herself to repeat it before falling asleep.

visualspice

Despite the discomfort of the cold, and the occasional mosquito buzzing in his ear, Trest found himself completely passing out. Never had he slept so well in all of his days, so when he had awoken, he ached from head to toe. Sleeping up right never agreed with him, however, aches and stiffness were the last things on his mind, when he let out a sharp cry and tumbled over, taking and tearing some thick vines and flowers that had entangled around him as he slept, down with him to the ground.

And wildly his arms flung around, his knife moving, cutting fast as he desperately tried to figure out what the HELL just happened! And once he was free (sans a boot that was, much to his chagrin), still entangled tightly in one of the ever growing vines over his head, he released a noise of frustration and looked around, dagger gripped tightly in hand and the expression he wore screamed, 'What the hell!?'

TreeFolk

Kieta slept well, cocooned in the softness of her plants. That is, until she was rudely awoke to the sound of cursing, thrashing, and hacking. She was quick to wake and become alert, trained to never let her guard down while traveling. Her own cocoon of plants retreated, drawing her dagger and expecting to find that they were being ambushed.

This was only to find Trest, covered in leaves and flowers. A light, lyrical laugh escaped her throat as she watched him struggle against plants which had already ceased to grow. "At least you weren't strangled in the night by them?" She thought it funny to suggest such a thing happening... As much as people liked to think plants dumb, they were often quite intelligent. And being intelligent, they could easily read her emotions, and reacted to them. This meant that, when she was not quite in control of her magic, that at least her green magic wouldn't kill her allies. He, of course, didn't know this, and so she used it to her advantage. "What, were you not kept warm by them?"

visualspice

Trest scrambled to turn himself around, slipping a bit in the ivy that surrounded him. He stared at Kieta before mimicking, "Oh, ha, ha, sure laugh at a man who's the victim! Your plants stole my boot!" And he proceeded to point to where his boot was now dangling aloft, just high enough to be out of arm's reach.

TreeFolk

She looked at his boot, grinned, and then grabbed a hold of the lowest branch on the tree. Climbing up, she gracefully walked across the branch until the ivy clasping his boot began to drop with the branch which dipped under her weight. Jostling the branch by bouncing on it, she waited until he grabbed the boot to drop out of the tree. She gripped the branch and then let herself fall the rest of the way, landing softly on her feet. "Right, well there's that."

Her stomach growled angrily, and the hunger she had put at bay the night before was no longer willing to be ignored. "I'm starving. I think I could eat an entire hen house full of eggs!"

visualspice

Trest watched her, and at first, was simply impressed at the feat, but after a while, he was enjoying the view- so that when the boot eventually slipped from the ivy- it plopped onto his head. With a grunt, he was quick to hold onto the boot and watched as she jumped down from the tree.

"You know.. you remind me of a cat," he went on with a smirk, and sat down as he sent to work at putting the boot back onto his bootless foot. And when he heard her stomach, his own growled in kind.

"That makes two of us." After securing the ties, he stood up and dusted himself off.
"We could hunt something, or go back to town and just pay some coin for someone to cook for us. Frankly, I'm too tired to even consider either option, but we can't just ignore our hunger."

Or the fact he thought her boobs looked nice. Woah wait- was he just thinking that!? Yeah sure, he was a bit of a womanizer, but not in too terrible of a way. It was just that well...
He had no self control when it came to women, and well-
He minded not at all how his forced companion looked, in fact he rather liked the way she looked and her body....

He had to force his eyes away. The last thing he needed was a tent in his pants.

"You any good at hunting? Or shoudl I use my charm and sense of navigation to have the civilized world serve us a plate of food?"

TreeFolk

Kieta grinned proudly at him when he compared her to a cat. She quite liked being compared to an animal as agile as a cat, and she liked to think of her movements as being stealthy. But... A frown creased her features, "Cats are actually quite nasty creatures. They kill for fun. I don't do that."

When he asked her about her hunting skills, she lifted her eyebrows at him. In displeasure, she hauled her still broken bow from her quiver. "I am, yes, but the only quick way of catching anything is not available." She shoved it back into the quiver. "I can set up traps, but I'm too hungry to wait. I can fish, but this pond does not seem to have much." She paused, thinking a moment. "I could steal some eggs from a nest? Dig up some grubs? And there are some nuts, berries, mushrooms..." Her stomach growled in protest... Normally she did not let herself get this hungry before planning out her meals.

That was when she caught him looking at her kind of... Funny. A blush rushed across her features, though she wasn't entirely sure why. Self-consciously, she turned her back to him and began to deftly braid her hair back, willing the blush to subside. "Up to you, really."

visualspice

"Ah, yes," he went on, hands to his hips. "Leave it to the man to take care of dinner. Well, judging by the way the moss grows, and the obvious beaten path of dirt behind me, I'm thinking going that way is our best bet if we want to acquire food the easy way."

TreeFolk

Kieta's eyebrows raised again. "Ok... Leave the navigation out here to me. You can take over when we get back to the city." She shoved her blanket into her pack, shouldering it. "And.. Technically, isn't it breakfast?"

She headed in the opposite direction of the beaten path. "This'll get us there quicker."

visualspice

"Breakfast.. dinner.. its all the same thing when you're on my kinda schedule. Besides.." his stomach grumbled again. "I don't count drinking blood as having my dinner, and I don't think some simple bread and eggs will cut it. My stomach demands meat, real meat, something to sustain me. And something good and heavy to drink, because Angsar save me if I have to play the role of nobility."

He planted his hands to his hips.

"Do you even know what that means? That means we both are going to have to get baths, real baths, with soap. Not like.. what we did in the pond and came out smelling like.. well pond." He sighed, evidently irritated. "And nobleman.... there's one thing they don't smell like and it ain't pond water."

TreeFolk

No, Kieta did not know what he meant, not in the least. Sure, they smelled like pond, but she didn't particularly understand why that was a problem. True, there were other sources of water that left a more pleasant smell, but she was accustomed to bathing in natural water sources. In fact, she wasn't quite sure she'd ever had a proper bath before. Sure, she knew what a bath was, but she'd never seen the point in taking one, what, when there were perfectly good hot springs and rivers to choose from. Only the fae court really ever took baths. But she didn't feel the need to tell him this part, in favor of asking. "And... Where does one acquire a bath?"

She looked down at her clothes. "And The Bull was right. At least I know that these clothes are not acceptable to be among courtly people."

visualspice

"Well, there are bath houses, for start. And I'd say we could go back to my place to have a bit more privacy but well.." His cheeks heated a little. "I'm.. not entirely sure it's wise to go to my home so soon after..."
Well, after all that happened! He still felt as if he had eyes on the back of his head, and he was quick to look around, ove rhis shoulder, at a moving shadow, anything that looked suspicious!

"And trust me, we'll need one if we want to blend with the rich. Nobles prize themselves in smelling like anything but shit, so they turn to perfumes of piss and lavender."
Go figure!

TreeFolk

"I suspect you're right. I imagine The Bull has her eyes trained on your little hide out." Her skin crawled at the thought of being watched by any of The Bull's men... Even more so, at the thought of being watched by the Bull herself.

They began their descent into the city, finding their way quickly onto a well-traveled footpath, and then a road. "I want to eat first."

visualspice

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, my stomach only agrees with ya, but we still can't be careless in how we go about. We are being watched. And the Bull will make sure we head to our mark."
And with that notion, he found himself sighing.
"And that means we'll have to make our way over to the address as quickly as possible."

He paused to consider the route.

"I guess we could hit a tavern, get a few drinks and food, get some change and head to the closest bath house. Might even want to purchase some perfume.... and clothing..." He frowned as he thought about it. "And a reason to even be there." His frown deepened. "Damn."

As much as he wouldn't mind pretending to be nobility (even if heck, he was technically a noble far fallen from any status), he'd rather do it on his own terms and being forced into doing ANYTHING always made him one soured grape.

TreeFolk

Kieta felt herself being drawn closer to him the further into town they got. He was right. They were being watched. And that also meant they would be expecting her to quell her natural anxiety over being a enclosed city. Several times she felt her shoulder brush against his arm, her eyes on high alert. Self-consciously she touched her fingers to her ears, making sure the braiding continued to cover them.

"We were also told to be properly attired and ready to go there. I think having our stomachs grumbling with hunger might expose us." She continued. "And I am unaccustomed to your courts. I don't know how they are set up. But at fae court, one can attend events as long as they are confident in pretending they belong there."

Pulling her shoulders back, she lengthened her neck and tilted her chin upwards, giving him a haughty look, before letting her body relax. "Do your nobles act the same?"

visualspice

"Well, yes and no," he went on with a frown. He tried to sound peppy as he usual took in tone, but the day's events had wore him down. "Yes, you must act like you'll belong or they'll chew you up and spit you out. No, in that not just anyone can show up just anywhere." And here, he sighed and paused in the small alleyway they were traveling.

"It's why I'm... not entirely sure how or why she thinks this would work."

He knew she was calling him out on his lineage, but there was no way in hell she could have known about that secret...

Or could she?