Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Who?" Trest went on, casually trying to find a way to continue to lie through his teeth to get out of this. "I'm not exactly at liberty to say. Plus with all of my business ventures..... I'd have to sort through the paper work..."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He was lying. Jynx groaned, rolling her eyes. "Don't play a player, love," she said, stepping out from behind him. Grudgingly, she admitted to Ilieth, "You were right. He's got nothing." She clenched her fists, reopening the wounds on her palm.

"Well then, I suppose my associate and I will be leaving," she said through gritted teeth, edging toward the door. She briefly considered sending the demon back through the Veil, but she'd probably need him to get out of here, with the window barred and all.

She smirked at the Hawk. "Sorry to interrupt your nap."

visualspice

Oh Good. The crazy woman was going to leave with her very scary associate.

Trest just gave a mean, but polite smile.

"It's okay. You wouldn't be the first," he went on. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Nodding with a bright, fake smile, Jynx bumped the door open with her hip. "Well, it's been a pleasure-" she started, turning to leave.

And walking straight into the person who'd raised their hand to knock.

visualspice

The stranger at the door gave a brighter, lop sided grin at the sight of Jynx.
"Well, hello there," the dark haired man went on, stepping nearer to her and moving a hand to slick his hair and sideburns back. "I came to see Hawk, but I think I prefer this type of company I see before me." The man gave a large, toothy grin that was just oozing with flirtation-
and in the moment, he didn't seem to notice the looming demon nearby.

Trest just cut a look through the gloom. He took one look at the man and greeted him flatly.
"Hello, Lazameer."

The dark haired man was still smiling at Jynx when he replied,
"Hello, Hawk. I came to drop off the cargo you requested."

"Good, you can put it on the-"

But before Trest could continue with his command, Lazameer ignored him and continued to approach Jynx.

"You never told me you kept a woman here..."

"Well, she's not my-"

"Oh? Not your woman?" And Lazameer was quick to take her hand into his own, eyes shining seductively as he guided that hand to his lips. "Anyone make a claim on you yet, lass? Cause I wouldn't mind making my mark right now."

Trest couldn't believe this and for once, his fear towards the demon subsided.

"You'll have to ask her friend there, first."

"Friend?"
And the second Lazameer lifted his gaze, he saw the demon and dropped his hold on Jynx.

"Sweet Ansgarian virigins- what the hell...!?"

"You needn't worry about them, Lazameer.... they were just on their way out." And he gave a glare to Jynx, hoping she'd take the hint. But he really didn't want her around anymoret han she wanted to linger..
Then again, her demon gave him very good reasons for his rushed request.

DragonSong

Jynx hissed, a split second from jerking her hand back herself before this Lazameer fellow dropped it.

"A claim-?" She was practically spitting fire. Reigning her temper in with difficulty, she jerked her head at Ilieth, stepping around the newcomer into the doorway. "Come on, we're getting out of here."

The demon chuckled and she froze. She knew that laugh. Turning, she saw he was eyeing Lazameer...hungrily.

"Don't you dare," she spat, throwing out a hand- the one that still dripped blood from her summoning- and twitching her fingers at the demon in a "come here" gesture.

Ilieth whined, glaring at her. "I'm starving," he said bluntly, "and seeing as we didn't get what we came for, I for one don't ant to leave empty-handed."

"Forgive my companion," Jynx growled at the two men. "We are leaving now."

Ilieth laughed again, rasping and cold. "Make me."

She gritted her teeth. "Return through the Veil." Pain ripped through her and she gasped. Ilieth's form flickered-

Then it solidified, and he smirked.

Jynx's eyes widened. "You two, back away from him. Now."

visualspice

Both men looked confused, but Lazameer more so than Trest.

"I... came at a bad time?" the man asked. Trest kept his glare.

"You could say that." He took a step back. "Now listen here, this is my place so I suggest you two leave now quietly." Whihc was a hard request to do as he observed the woman's blood and how she trembled. He wasn't sure just what was going on, magic obviously, but he didn' tlike the idea the monster beside her looked even more real than it had before.

"I'm sure there's more people you could be harassing in the streets-"

And as if on cue, a bark came down the alley.

"There he is! Catch that thief!"

Both men turned, and cursed- but each had their own colorful, choice word.

"Lazameer..." Trest growled. "Why are there guards rushing towards my front door?"

"What? I was careful-"

And then a fist slammed into his cheek.

"Bull shit, Laz! Get outta here and fix this shit you started!" And he gave a rough shove to his companion towards the door, momentarily forgetting the other danger lurking too close for comfort.

DragonSong

The demon used the two men's distraction and lunged. In a flash Jynx threw herself forward, knocking the Hawk out of the way of the demon's reaching talons. She may have been small, but with all her weight behind the shove it was enough to get him out of the way and that was all she really paid attention to.

Ilieth's clawed hand wrapped around her shoulder and she slammed her palm against his chest, spitting through gritted teeth. "Return through the Veil!"

His form began to shimmer and he growled in frustration.

She closed her eyes and willed, chanting, "I am thy Lord and Commander, thou shalt hear my Word and Obey. Begone from this plane, return through the Veil, you son of a bitch!"

With an understated popping noise, the demon vanished.

Jynx collapsed to her knees and looked up at the two thieves. "Don't you two have some guards to take care of?" she quipped fuzzily, vision blurring at the edges.

visualspice

To say he was surprised was an understatement, and only after the demon vanished did he sober.

"Shit! I don't get paid enough for this."

He turned his attention to lazameer.
"You... Work on the patrol men. And I..." he glared at Jynx.

"Get the woman as usual?" grumbled Laz as he rubbed his cheek.

"You got it." Nd with a forced smile, he shoved the man outside and closed the door, locking it before turning around to eye the woman.

DragonSong

Jynx tried to give her best what-are-you-looking-at smirk, but she was feeling a little woozy. "It's like you've never seen a girl banish a demon before," she quipped, trying to get to her feet.

That turned out to be a mistake. Her legs evidently didn't feel like supporting her and she had to catch herself on the edge of the desk, head spinning. Groaning, she muttered, "Could you tell the room to hold still?"

visualspice

"I'm pretty sure we don't have time for these games. Demon or not, if guardsmen get through that door and realize what's going on.. You'll be the first I throw to the wolves."

DragonSong

"Wonderful," Jynx muttered, squeezing her eyes shut. Breathing deeply through her nose, she forced out, "If I can keep those guards away, will you let me go?" She didn't have the strength to summon Ilieth and contain him to keep her safe. But maybe she could manage something smaller.

visualspice

He felt the pang of guilt in his gut, but ignored it. If the girl could summon demons, clearly it meant she could handle herself, right? Though by the looks of her... She didn't entirely seem 'okay'. Then again, why wave such power in a situation like this if she knew the consequences?

He placed his hands on his hips.

"How about we make negotiations after you've succeeded?" he went on, laying on the impatience in his tone.

DragonSong

Jynx nodded and straightened up. Luckily she didn't even have to cut herself to perform the summoning this time, holding her hand out and murmuring, "Dionish, come to me."

This one barely hurt at all, in comparison to Ilieth. In a moment the strange lizard-canine creature had materialized next to her and looked up at her with slit-pupiled eyes, panting.

She glanced up at the man. "You have any objections to poisoning people?"

visualspice

"Poisoning? What do you mean.. Like making them real sick?"

DragonSong

She nodded tiredly. "Well, yes, it will do that. It'll knock them out for an hour or two, long enough for your man to get them out of here. Their memories should be foggy when they wake up, like a really bad hangover."

She shrugged. "So, yeah. They'll probably get sick. Shouldn't do any permanent damage though." She thought so, at least.

visualspice

He still didn't like the idea, but nodded.
"Fine, just be quick!"
And inwardly he hoped he didn't make a mistake.

DragonSong

Jynx nodded at Dionish. "You know what to do."

The demon gave a coughing bark and darted for the door, disappearing with a flick of his scaly tail. His summoner managed to stagger to her feet, breathing deeply in an attempt to ward of dizziness.

"Don't look so worried," she said, waving a hand at the man. "Dionish works fast..."

As if in response to her words she heard muffled cursing and the demon's signature bark, then the sounds of a small scuffle, then silence. She gave a crooked smile, whistling for the demon to return.

He did, bounding up to her with a wagging tail and a lolling tongue like an eager-to-please dog. She patted his head and held out her hand for him to lick, the cut on her palm disappearing in the path of his tongue. She looked to the Hawk again. "Long as your man- Laz, was it?- doesn't mind lugging a few unconscious bodies around you shouldn't have any more trouble."

visualspice

"No more trouble?" he shook his head. "And what about you and fido here?"

DragonSong

Rolling her eyes, she patted Dionish's head and muttered the incantation that would send him back to his home dimension. He disappeared with a shimmer and she looked up at the Hawk. "There, Fido's gone. As for me..."

She shrugged. "You wouldn't throw a helpless woman out on the street, would you?" She batted her eyes at him. Sure it was a ploy, but she really was exhausted- she wasn't sure what to do if she didn't at least get an hour or so of rest.