Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"So... what you're saying is.... You're what, some novice with this whole magic summoning other creatures thing?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Hardly," Jynx scoffed. "I've been summoning demons since I was ten years old." And she was usually very good at it.

Realizing she may have revealed a bit more than she'd intended, she tried to shrug it off and said, "It uses up a lot more power to control a demon that doesn't want to obey you. Ilieth is strong enough to make a summoner lose his mind just by looking at him funny. The only reason I have any hold over him is-"

She cleared her throat. "Doesn't matter. Point is I can control him, it just takes some effort." Though it had never been as difficult as it had been today. Was it because the contract was in its final year? That was a troublesome thought.

visualspice

He leaned in a bit, interested in what she said, and was a bit taken back when she failed to reveal more. But he didn't let on he wanted to know more. Perhaps she'd just ramble out more later.

"So what, demon's come out as your pet and when one gets disobedient you have to deal with it? Makes sense," he told her with a shrug. "Doesn't sound any different than trying to house break a poodle or somethin. But what, do you use magic concentration or something, or just bat your eyes to get them to listen to you?"

She did have nice eyes, he made note.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She laughed at that, pleasantly surprised that he could make her do so. "More the concentration thing," she told him with a smile. Not a smirk, a smile, though it was gone quickly.

Because he headache was subsiding, and because she really couldn't help herself, she batted her eyes at him and added, "Though I am flattered you think I could get a demon to obey me just by using my natural charms."

visualspice

He couldn't hold back his scoff.
"Did you forget? I did get to see everything, and I'm a man who appreciates a nice..." and his eyes followed across her form. "Piece of art when I see one." He smirked, a leftward one. "But hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly insinuating your some kinda whore I just.."
An dhe paused a moment, blushing just slightly when he realized.. he had no idea why he had even made such a comment or how to justify it. Maybe it was her batting eyes that made him tongue tied. He did like a pretty woman and she.. well, he did like what he saw. And at that fact, he inwardly kicked himself to keep focused. She was a demon summoner and a thief, after all. THey weren't exactly 'friends'. Though this made him wonder why he didn't just cast her outside when she was helpless.

Perhaps it was just seeing her that way...
Helpless, that reminded her- she was a human, where as before, he was only just seeing a trespasser.. a thief.

DragonSong

Her shoulders stiffened a bit at the word "whore", old wounds reopening, but she pushed the reaction away. "If I were, you'd owe me at least a few coins," she said dryly, trying to joke.

Though she wasn't quite sure why, him calling her a "piece of art" made her feel...tingly. She eyed him sidelong. Great, a smooth talker. Normally that wasn't a problem, but something about him made her think she should watch herself.

"Got any food around here?" she ventured. "As long as I'm taking advantage of your hospitality. Plus it'll get me out of here faster, help me recharge a bit." If she was going to be paying him back- though just how she wasn't exactly sure- why not take advantage while she could?

visualspice

"So you think this is some sort of tavern where you can grab a meal and bed?" He looked at her indisbelief before smirking. "What if I said I had no food to spare? I am but a humble business man, after all."

DragonSong

She snorted. "Humble my ass. Any thief worth her salt knows who you are. Any woman too, for that matter."

She snapped her mouth closed, eyes widening a bit. What on earth had possessed her to say that?! She blamed the woozy feeling that had yet to fully subside.

visualspice

And at that, he placed a hand to his chest.
"Oh? I can't be that famous." Though he had to wonder why her comment made him feel.. well, a little guilty.

DragonSong

Jynx chuckled, quirking an eyebrow. "I wouldn't say famous, exactly. There are certainly rumors though." What the hell, he had to know people talked about him, right?

She shrugged, throwing him a playful smirk. "I'd have thought you'd be proud. There are worse things to be talked about."

visualspice

"Why? They do say I have nice and teeth and eyes, right?" he asked, leaning in close so she could examine his baby blue eyes and... pretty nice, pearly white teeth.

DragonSong

She laughed again, not leaning away like she probably should have. "Oh, I've heard a lot about your teeth, Hawk," she teased, eyes glinting.

She had to admit that personally, it was his eyes she found more compelling. She'd always been a bit of a sucker for blue eyes... Damnit, girl, pull yourself together!

visualspice

"Oh? You're making me blush!" Trest went on, playfully and tilted up his chin. "How about my nose hairs? How sexy are they?"

DragonSong

Jynx laughed, a real, full laugh that had her clutching her head and gasping a bit. "Oh, don't make me laugh," she protested between chuckles. "My head hurts."

visualspice

"Laugh? How dare you say my nose hairs are something to laugh at!"

DragonSong

She giggled, actually giggled, and pressed a hand over her mouth. "Well, if you're half as good a thief as you fancy yourself a comedian, I guess the rumors are well founded."

visualspice

"I still think you need to tell me more about these... rumors," he went on, leaning in nice and close so she could get a nice look at his eyes and a good whiff of his tantalizing musk.

And just as quickly as he moved in real close, he pulled away. "But I guess we have a little bit of time to wait on that." He folded his arms. "So your head hurts? Can't say it's cause you hit it when you fell. Yours truly caught you, just before you would have hit your head. Got a nice pair of scrapes to prove it, too."

DragonSong

She blinked at him, a little surprised by that news (and a little dazed from his sudden closeness and then abrupt retreat). She would have thought he'd just let her fall.

"Why...are you being so nice to me?" she asked cautiously, tilting her head at him.

visualspice

Trest stared at her, speechless for but a moment before coughing away a blush.
"Nice? I just didn't want you soiling my floor. Besides, leaving people out to die isn't exactly my thing. I'm a thief, not a killer."

DragonSong

Jynx narrowed her eyes a bit in a calculating way, staring at him. Was he being...bashful? "Uh-huh," she replied, making it clear she was unconvinced.

Shrugging, she glanced away and said, "Well, anyway. Thank you." There was more sincerity in it this time, and she cleared her throat uncomfortably.