Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Staining Snow [Wycliff, PM to Join]

Started by AevumEternity, February 16, 2017, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Hakon snorts, interrupting the old man before he could speak- beckoning Aven forth she muses," No- all mountainfolk tend to think if you don't look like a bear then you're not attractive. I beg to differ but to each their own- come- lets see what we can find out before nightfall... Dearest fiance," she snorts, rolling her eyes with a soft laugh.

She popped open the door faintly, a cold whistle of freezing air quickly puffing into the room, chilling the air

Wycliff

Aven follows Hakon with a sigh of relief. Personally, having large muscles would be terrible off-putting for his balance, not to mention the strain it would put on his abilities. "Coming, honey." He pokes back with a soft laugh, following her out the door into the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

As they exitted into the cold, she muttered with a soft laugh," We'll... Just have to see how this goes, won't we? But don't pull any revolutionary bullshit, would you? Please do me that kindness so no one has to be slaughtered mindlessly." Even as she spoke, she wrapped both arms around one of his, starting down the gentle slope to the village with him in tow.

Pausing for a moment, she rested her chin on his shoulder, looking at him with a small smirk," If you be a good husband, I'll try to be a good wife, this is a patriarchal society," she points out with a soft laugh, her warm breath brushing up against his cheek as warm mist. Her breath smelled like sweet mint- it was rather surprising, most soldiers did not give a damn whether they smellednof lavender or shir~

Wycliff

Aven looks up and away, his mouth an odd squiggle, trying not to be swayed by her performance. "You're a damn good actor, you know that?" He turns forward once more, a little bit more serious. "And please, do not confuse me with those idiots in the revolution: unlike them, I understand that one's ends do not justify the means. Mages who upset the balance of this world with their magic must be locked away or put down, the same as any noble who uses his influence for evil deeds, or any murderer with a sword." His brow furrows. "Magic is only as good or evil as the one using it, just as a sword can both protect and destroy. This is something that both sides of this war cannot seem to comprehend: they are both in the wrong."

AevumEternity

She offers a sweet smile, shuffling ever so slightly closer as she hugs his arm, musing," Only when I get into a performance, which isn't often," she answers softly, shuffling awkwardly downward. The Village was slowly lighting up as the light dimmed- they received several strange looks as they sauntered into the villages center where small fires had been lit about the square- trying to thaw away the ice as several men and women seemed to be drawing crude patterns. The trained eye would note these as basic sigils for your basic transmutation ritual-

Hakon gazed at the runes but said little, seemig troubled if not worried.

Wycliff

Aven's face remains a bit flushed, making no sign that he noticed the sigils except for a small snap of his fingers, barely audible with his gloves on. Three minuscule black dots float away from him, almost invisible to the naked eye unless one were searching for them. They travel slowly  toward the nearest source of magical power.

AevumEternity

Hakon moved away from him, releasing his arm. The patch of warmth where she once pressed against him now leaving him particularly cold as she kneels beside an old woman, murmuring quietly as she speaks to the woman- who at first seems shocked but slowly relaxes, looking at Aven suspiciously... Perhaps, she thought the powerful aura was comihg from him? Perhaps... That was why she was keeping him so close?

The finished rune seems to have been drawn in chalk, '۞'. Ornate and beautiful as it was, it seemed to give off a strangely intoxicating air.

Wycliff

Aven's eyes narrow. That sigil could barely turn water into a gas, let alone transmute normal stone into other minerals deep in the earth. Are they... He glances around, scanning for similar sigils. Constructing an array?

AevumEternity

It was hard to tell from the small fires and ice caking the area, suddenly a large hand slams onto Aven's shoulder a booming laugh," Here to enjoy the festivities,boy?" A massive man with men as red as fire, bristly mane and beard- your run of the mill man-bear, his yellow teeth flashing between the wiry tangles.

His grip seemed utterly bone crushing, enough to pop a child's skull.

Wycliff

Aven's knees give out at the impact, but the vice grip of the beast beside his holds him aloft. Eyes and mouth wide in shock, his head creaks over to face the mountain man. "A-as soon as my collarbone heals, absolutely." He shoots Hakon a look saying, I thought you said this was a human village!

AevumEternity

Hakon turns enough to watch him being greeted by the bear man, mouthing ' I did not!' Before turning back to whatever conversation she had previous had with the old woman. Who was now wagging a scrawny and arthritis curled finger in the young woman's face- Hakon's expression, though unreadable to the old woman seemed to be growing increasingly intrigued.

The bear-man laughs loudly, wrapping a massive arm around Aven's shoulders- each muscle was about the side of the young man's skull and clearly defined," Yer hilarious! The boys at the tavern will love you! Come! Come now!" He begins to steer Aven away from the two women, causing Hakon to shoot him a questioning look

Wycliff

Aven shoots her a look back, I bench fifty, what do you want from me? He runs the situation through his mind, trying to find a course of action: he could run a tendril up his clothes and use it to push the man's arm away, but knowing this man's type, that would most likely lead to repeated arm wrestling challenges at their tavern. He could go into partial shadow form and slip out of the man's grasp, but in such a populated area, someone would be sure to notice...
Aven puts on a boisterous grin, an expression that looks strange on him to Hakon, and speaks loudly. "Maybe later, my good man, but right now, I'm enjoying a night with my fiancé." He leans in a bit, still restricted by the beast's muscles, whispering, wearing a sly smirk. "Scoring some points, if you catch my drift."

AevumEternity

The man's pushy eyebrows shoot up, a thoughtful frown curling his lips before turning around abruptly, facing toward Hakon and the old woman. Suddenly the largest grin that could ever grace anyone's face erupts upon the man's lips. Boisterous laughter loud enough to cause abalanches booming from the man's breast as he pulls Aven close, shaking him slightly," That yer lass there? I'd say she's ah bit old for ye but who am I TO JUDGE?!" As he spoke he spluttered with such laughter that his movements likely were starting to fracture Aven's thin frame," Kidding- KIDDINGG! Ye got yerself a pretty one thar- hold her close, I may take 'er off yer 'ands! And if she'sa speakin' to Yubaba- ye better believe you  two will be in the festival this night!"
At last, Aven was released as the large man waves over his shoulder, sauntering off," Come to t'e tavern 'n' ask for Ol' Rufus- drinks'll be on the house, eh?"

Hakon slowly stood, helping the old woman up by holding the wrinkled hands- a sudden feeling of dread passed through her. She may have signed them up for something too... Large for their own good- but it was the only sure fire way to get all the mages in the village at once. She turns just in time to see Aven being left behind by the old man, furrowing her brow curiously

Wycliff

Aven waves with the arm that isn't currently fractured, managing to keep that goofy grin on his face. "I'll meet you there!" The grin spreads into a wider, mischievous one. And when I do, I'll drink him under the table for that little roughhousing! Heh heh heh heh...
Aven grabs his shoulder, jerking it around painfully, wincing. If one looked very closely, they would see bones realigning. His smile returns to its normal, gentle state as he walks over to join the Hakon and the old woman. "Made a new friend, honey?" 

AevumEternity

Hakon murmus her farewells to the white-haired woman as she hobbles off- turning easily, she suddenly wraps her arms about his neck pressing her forehead against his, nose lightly brushing against his as she smiles- if one didn't know any better, it was as if she truly... Truly...

" I think I made a terrible mistake or we can finish this mission tonight," she whispers, forcing a smile as she closes her eyes to take a steadying breath, looking at him with half-closed eyes.

Wycliff

Aven struggles to keep from losing what little 'cool' he had left. "What exactly did you find?" He whispers in her ear, as if he were saying something lovey-dovey to keep up appearances. His breath tickles her ear, but still, no scent. Aven can't help but feel a heat rise in his chest. It's an act, Aven, keep it together.

AevumEternity

" We will be participating in the festival, in the final ritual- it's the only way for us to stop this and identify the mages within this town. i..." she pauses for a moment, offering a weak smile,"... What are you willing to do to save these people?" Her hands cupped his face, skin cold from the cool tempratures as those around them continued to work. She inches even closer, lips hovering a mere inch from his- she felt her heart racing, a rosy blush slowly spreading across her face- oh Ansgar- why the hell was she blushing? There was no reason to after all-

Wycliff

Aven's complexion matches Hakon's as she leans in. His mind races. The final ritual? Primal magic... He finds his heart urging him to lean forward to kiss her, and he almost does so, until something clicks in his brain.
Aven's eyes dart to the sigil on the ground, remembering it's intoxicating aura. I was foolish: it's primal magic, not normal transmutation, it must be affecting her instincts! His mind flies back to Hakon, whose lips are inches away from his own, and her comment of her purity flashes across his thoughts. I don't want to take that away from her... Her arms trapped him there, the only thing he could move was his head.
Aven goes up on his toes, lifting her arms with him, and gingerly kisses Hakon's forehead. "Everything I can."

AevumEternity

She blinks once, the contact of his lips upon her forehead briefly seeming to snap her from whatever effect the place was having upon her," Wha-?" She pauses, looking up at him with wide eyes before clearing her throat," Uh- Oh God-" slowly sliding away she grips his hands tightly, nodding sjortly," Then... then we'll do anything, and stop before anything... Anything happens," she promises, squeezing his hands as she looked around," Lets... Go to the tavern i suppose, wait for it to start?"

She was startled, having not realized how much she was being effected hy the runes- or perhaps it had been some of those strange ramblings by the old woman? Or maybe... It was something of her own desire that made her draw so close? Who knew...

Wycliff

Aven breathes a sigh of relief. "Yes, that sounds perfect. I have a certain mountaineer to repay." He walks with Hakon, hand in hand, toward the tavern, his grip unconsciously less nervous than before.
His heart still thumps in his chest, a tiny part of him sitting in the corner of his mind, pouting that he didn't get his first kiss. That part is quickly chastised: Aven is a soul of logic, he refuses to be ruled by the chaotic throws of emotion. Still, was that sliver of his mind ever so vocal before? He couldn't remember...