Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood Under the Windmill [M]

Started by visualspice, February 07, 2015, 05:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Trigger alert- this thread has some gore and death.

This thread features my character, Tah-leen~

--------

The squeaks of the windmill grew more frequent, and a rattling joined the moaning wood as the winds fought for which direction to blow. Clouds rife with rain moved in, the fore front being spear headed by fast moving clouds that were wispy, and dark ash in color. Lightning danced across the horizon, a few touching down in the wide valley near the small town of Dihnbahr. Not but fifty people lived here, and as it was, the remote location was still untouched by the war. It was perhaps due to where it was nestled near the foothills towards the east. But where this village lay, those who lived there feared what would happen if the war was to come.

The village was an outspoken one, barely a dot on any map. In fact, there was no real road marks, only the town's windmill squeaking on the top of Petri Hill welcomed anyone to the town. Dihnbahr locals enjoyed their seclusion, a lot of the people living hermit like and alone. The few who were more social kept up the small amount of activities in town and a small, oak-worn church.

The church was unique in it's own right, being more of a religious social gathering with no real God or Figure head to declare the church after. Some believed in Ansgar, others Kia; but it was a casual atmosphere and all religions were welcomed, worshiped and celebrated. It was perhaps one of it's unique features, for Dihnbahr had little else to offer. It wasn't a very welcoming town, no real inn to speak of- not that the village ever got any guests. There wasn't even a bar for socializing, just a few small stores that were run from the local's homes. But most were self sufficient, and they grew their own vegetables and tended to their own cattle to raise milk, eggs and meat.

It was perhaps this very reason the town was on edge. There had been... disturbances as of lately. Several sheep lay dead in the most ghastly of ways, with innards cut open, spilling out with blood glistened ribs buzzing with flies. It didn't even appear as if the animal, or whatever creature it was, ate any bits of it. Just ravaged the creature- and left it's remains smeared and gut open to the world.

At first, they thought it was a fluke when old man Warren found the first sheep dead. But as each subsequent night came past, another sheep was slain until half of his flock was gone. And each death was the same, peculiar gnarled mess of blood and bones. The only other noticeable characteristic from each corpse was their eyes were gone- perhaps eaten, perhaps just dug out. But one thing was clear- whatever was doing this was some sort of a savage, and no one had seen a thing- yet, most were too afraid to go out at night to really get a good look at it.

When the killings went from Old Man Warren's sheep to Hazel Woodly's dog, cut open in the same manor across her porch front, the whole town gathered together in a meeting.
Wanting to be rid of whatever this creature or mad human was, but also being fearful to draw any attention to their little town, the town began to devise a plan to seek for help outside of Connlaoth all together.

And they knew it was risky, and it would take a while- but the whole town began to take extra precautions with their animals. And even as they did so, still- every night a new animal was killed. And just before the day of this oncoming storm-

A young child, barely a few months old, was found-
It's body just like those of the animals.

So it was here the town began to grow restless, and afraid. They wondered if they had been foolish to think help outside of their kingdom was even possible. But that's when they got a letter-
That someone was on their way. And they'd be there soon.

But would it be quick enough? No one knew, and no one felt safe- so each passing night, before the sun went down, all of the townsfolk sought shelter beneath their houses in make shift basements beneath their homes.

Today was no different- rain or not, the town knew the sun would be setting soon and were quick to close their windows, lock their doors and were quick to bring the cattle in.
So it was awkward that a stranger were to move into town, and in a most casual manner and in most unusual clothes- For it was a woman with long dark hair, friendly brown eyes and was wearing a simple, plain white dress and no shoes.

Were the town not so frantic with the recent killings, this woman's presence would be left to whomever it was she happened to be visiting or wished to speak to, but seeing her all smiles while everyone was wrinkled with worry, made them feel mroe unnerved than they already were.

And as the woman neared Lady Helen's chicken coop, she beaten over to inspect the hens, which were quick to startle as feathers were soon going everywhere, and a few of the birds managed to break out of the coop and took to the air. But it wasn't just this action that made the town furious- I twas the fact the woman single handledly caught a chicken with her bare hands and just held it there, happy as a child!

The events that followed were spoken differently to whomever you spoke to, but the woman was chased off into the forest, where she waited, staring at the creaking windmill with a pout. And she too became distressed. She had only wanted to play- it had been several days since she had  seen anyone, or even dared approach. But something about this town drew her near- perhaps a familiar atmosphere? She didn't know, but as she sat there, thinking over what had just happened, her white fox tail must've sprouted from her anxiety, for it was thumping lightly beside her as the oncoming storm wind's blew.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''If they see your tail they might think it was you. If they do not already.'' a males voice spoke. It was warm and soothing. Perhaps a bit dreamy. A man stood not to far away from the girl. He looked like he was in his early thirties, brown hair barely held together in a tail. Some locks already had escaped those bindings. He was wearing simple clothes, an X blindfold, no shoes and a fancy stick he seemed to use for support or direction. Well stick. It almost looked like a staff.

''Despite I am blind, I think you could use a bit of help. Or am I wrong.''
He knew he wasn't, people in distress like those in the village would always blame someone if they found the opening to do so.

visualspice

Tah-leen turned to the strange man, tilting her head to one side as she silently observed him. She hadn't realized her tail had sprouted, and as she turned around, she looked back to him.

"Are you really blind?" she found herself asking, cautiously approaching him, before leaning forward to poke at his blind fold. "How did you know I had a tail?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''I can not see with my eyes but I can see the future of everything I touch directly. I know who will walk here and how they look like through the visions I get'' he pointed at his feet  on which he had no shoes on.

Before she could actually poke at his blindfold he took a gentle hold of her hand and placed a kiss on top of it. ''Kayden Galwyn. Pleasure to make my acquaintance'' he bowed politely.

''I heard about the villages troubles a little while back and when crossing the forest I saw a vision of them chasing and blaming you. I could not let them harm an innocent person just because they are so desperate.''

visualspice

Tah-leen smiled and curiously watched as he kissed her hand. Her eyes were wide, child like at such a gesture, before she went to mimic him,a nd lifted up his paw in hers, er- hand, rather, and licked the top of it happily.

"I'm Tah-leen!" she told him, excitedly as her tail swished around at the back of her legs.
"And I know there is trouble. I could smell it," came her reply. She tilted her head to one side. "It smells strange here. Tah-leen is unsure what sort of smell it is. So I wanted to see."

SilmeriaElemred

''I was traveling from place to place until words of this village's misfortune caught my ear. I found you in one of my visions too. It were events I did not like so I will help preventing them. The pleasure of meeting you is all mine lady Tah-leen.'' He said with a smile.

''To prevent harm being done to you, can I perhaps make the suggestion to work together? I may be blind and my visions can make me sick on rare occasion. But... what I saw... it was not good. Not for you, or the village if it goes on like this. I can basicly be your assistent.''

visualspice

Tah-leen only happily replied, "What's an assistant?" For she was none the wiser in her naivety on most human customs. She was, after all, a spirit of an animal, and though her desire to be human was strong, she only knew some of the facts about this creature she idolized.

SilmeriaElemred

''An assistent is a person whose job it is to help others. It is usually occupation bound and the extends can vary. A physician for example would ask an assistent to pass over tools and do things he can not whilest performing a surgery. Whilest the assistent of a librarian places back the books and helps with paperwork. In my case for assisting you, it would be helping finding out and perhaps catching the culprit and making sure the villager's suspicion will not be directed to you.'' he explained.

visualspice

Tah-leen was all smiles, despite there seeming to be quite a grave situation looming over head. And she looked around as she tried to take in what he said, but the second she heard about 'catching' something, she perked up and shouted enthusiastically, "Catch! Catch, catch, catching! Like a mouse in the field?" she went on, happily swaying on her heels as she idly caught her swishing tail in her hand before letting it fall lightly between her fingers.

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden chuckled. ''Something like that.'' he said as he observed her for a bit. Tah-Leen was cheerful he had to give her that. But he had seen plenty of things about her that he would love to prevent for her sake. And perhaps, which powers like hers, she could help him too. If he'd be able to make her understand how dire things would be for her anyway.

''So tell me lady Tah-Leen. Would you like me being your assistent?'' he asked.

visualspice

"I don't know. I can't say I've ever needed one before," she went on, honestly. She gave a tilt of her head and light swish of her tail. "What if I assisted you?" It seemed more logical. He could not see, after all! Despite, whatever he mentioned, that was magical. And though she too, was a magical being and understood it, part of her was still naive to how the world was in a whole, at least through human eyes.

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright, let's do that.'' Kayden said with a smile. It indeed was a better option.

''Oh there is an anti mage war going on in this country. I am not sure how much these people are into it but any visable magic should be used as little as possible unless they do not care. But as long as we do our job well I do not think they make to much of a problem of it.'' he gestured towards the village. ''Let's go, miss Tah-Leen'' he said with a smile. ''Oh before I forget. Would my life be in peril, do not fret. No matter how dire, I will be alright.'' He lost count how many times he had been disessembled, hung, decapitated, burned alive, drowned alive or stabbed.

The first step, would be changing this girl's future and he took the first steps towards it.

visualspice

At his last statement, her curious expression returned.
"Oh? Why would you be in any danger?" And again, her naivety was showing through.

SilmeriaElemred

''As you may or may not know, humans can be horrible creatures. Especially if they are frightened or looking for something or someone to blame. There are a few villagers who for example think you are the one causing the deaths. Due to their desperation, others will start to believe them and after they have convinced enough, they will hunt you. That at the least is a future I have seen in various ways and is going to occur unless I intervene. Humans are just very fragile when being driven to a corner like this. The unknown frightens them. They want answers and draw conclusions to fast. But the creature that is doing this, will know we are going to be a threat for it. It will target us at some point. If not the creature, it is likely some of the villagers instead. And when that happens it would be best if it hits me rather then you. I basicly... can not die. And trust me I tried.'' despite the grim subject, he smiled and held his hand out to Tah-Leen. ''I will tell you all about it once we have a room to stay in. If you want.''

visualspice

There was so much to take in, Tah-leen did not know how to rightly respond. But she did cock her head as she studied him and simply nodded.
"You can not die.... Kind of like a demon, or spirit?" she asked curiously, which was only due to her nature. As a fox, she could be shy, but curiosity won over as it usually did, and despite his eagerness to get some where safer, it didn't seem like Tah-leen was making the necessary gestures to get going.

"And if others are in danger... should we not try to help?" she asked after a time, thinking over all he said.

SilmeriaElemred

''We help whoever we can. But we can not save everyone.'' Kayden replied. There cetainly would be more deaths

''As for can not die... I suppose I do die, I just do not stay dead.'' he said before he took a gentle hold of Tah-Leen's hand. ''Come. Let us save your life first shall we? Can not save others if they are after you.'' he smiled kindly.

visualspice

Still not comprehending it all, Tah-leen simply nodded.
"But where can we go?" She knew there wasn't another town for miles.

SilmeriaElemred

'''We go to the village that experiences all these deaths. The one you were at earlier. First we get the suspicion of you. And then, we play the game of catching the culprit.'' Kayden explained. He thought for a moment however. Perhaps he was able to transfer a little but of human 'common sense' into this girl through rune magic. It was possible with memories, perhaps it worked with other things too. But first. He simply wanted to save her.

visualspice

Tah-leen nodded.
"Okay, but finding her won't be so hard!" she went on witha  smile and a wag of her tail. "I smelled something strange. I could just follow that scent. It might be the culprit!"
And she was so excited for thinking about that! How helpful that would be!

SilmeriaElemred

''Let's find out.'' Kayden said with a grin. He started to head to the village with her.

Despite 'blind' he felt watched as the few who dared to come outside spoke in groups and looked at him and some recognised Tah-Leen from earlier.

Why was it back? They wondered. And with a human man as well who seemed like a way to clean and neat homeless man.

Kayden had a few options. Doing it discreetly or bold. And he choose the second. ''I heard that this village is terrorised by murders. Me and my assistent would like to help you. I understand some of you already know her and I apolagise if any of you felt uncomfortable with her actions. But know this. Not everyone is human or has their customs. What I wonder is, if ALL of you are willing to set aside your thoughts about those different then your own we can and will help you.''

''How can a blind man and some weird being help us'' A woman asked.

Kayden pondered. ''This man knows you are pregnant for about three monts now, and that you are wearing brown leather boots, a green skirt and off white blouse.''

''What are you a mage?''

''If that word defines all magic using people I will be open and say yes. Yes I know of the war too. But you people need help before this place becomes a ghost town and being basicly in the middle of nowhere I do not think a new offer arrives soon.''