Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood Under the Windmill [M]

Started by visualspice, February 07, 2015, 05:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The villagers were obviously less than pleased with the suggestion, but they were a little impressed by Kayden's show.

"And why are you bothering to help us? Is it for the money?"

"We don't want anymore trouble," another villager chimed in.

"We've suffered enough."

And even though he claimed Tah-leen was on his side, all of their gazes remained hard and focused on her.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''I personally care nothing about money. Maybe my assistent does. Food and shelter are good enough for me personally although also no threatning behaviour towards my assistant. Any damage she has done or maybe will do in the duration of our stay will be compensated by me. She is not human and therefor her customs and behaviour are different.'' Kayden replied calmly. He directed his face to many of the townsfolk, despite his eyes still being covered by cloth.

''It is true, all of you suffered enough. Wether our help is accepted is up to you. Are you desperate enough for a magic user and someone not human to help?''

visualspice

Revealing Tah-leen wasn't human didn't sit well with most of the town. If they were hesitant before, they were doubly so now. The air grew more tense so that Tah-leen could sense it as she studied the persons with a curious blink.

"Not human? Not human?" Came one man's angry reply. "What do you take us for, fools? You're asking us to just feed ourselves to the wolves! Why don't the pair of you check in on the next town. Maybe they'd be foolish enough to accept help from beings not human."

And it seemed the rest agreed.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden shrugged. ''Fine. Then you will all die, one by one until there is nothing left but a ghost town. He studdied a few persons for a moment. ''Appearantly though the situation for none of you is dire enough to accept help. When I was alive too a few thousand years ago people used to be so much more accepting. Being Connlaothian and denying this offer in that fashion does prove none of you respect or acknowledge your fey heritage. Neither me or my assistent need a town to live in. We survive fine on our own and yet all of you are dropping like flies. As for you.'' he looked at the man who spoke up. Bluntly approaching him and tapped his shoulder. ''Between today and two weeks you will hold your dead children and are snuck up from behind to meet the same fate. At the least that is one of your futures with the longest time of life you will have. Your first possible death will be in three days. Entrails ripped out slowly in front of your wife who gets strangled with them. It will be slow, painful and the moment you think it can not get worse, your throat will be ripped out. But I suppose you do not care. We offered help without charge with exception for a place to stay. Since it is denied then none of you are our problem. Me having asked every penny this village owned and then leave without doing anything... now that. Is leaving you for the wolves.'' he tapped the mans shoulder with a very calm expression.

''Tah-Leen, how about we leave them be. Those who can not put aside racial differences despite in this situation... I can not exactly say that they deserve to be saved. Have a good one everyone.'' he joined Tah-Leen's side. ''Since within two months, this village is wiped of the map. And not just by who or whatever is causing it. Soon you will all suspect one another. Hatred will form. This hatred will be expressed in suspicion to whom many due to desperation agree with. And then, this place will be a massacre. Out here, no need to expect help from anyone else.'' his gaze went to the man again. ''I had not thought you were foolish at all.  I do think now since you denied the only help that will come.''

visualspice

"You had us uneasy at magic. Even if we wanted your help, if we dared accept it, we might all be hanged."

"Ti's treason," A woman chimed in, older, and grey. "Our ruler, the Grand Duke himself, deems any such act as despicable."

"Despicable?" Tah-leen found herself asking, not certain why they used such a word for it.

"Yes, and evil," the woman added, eyeing Tah-leen upa nd down, then over tot he blind man. "Take your inhuman help and go please. We've suffered enough and will take your warning in stride."

And the entire group of people kept their eyes on the pair, hoping they'd simply leave. The air was too tense for anyone's comfort, anyway.

SilmeriaElemred

''Then we will leave. It is unfortunate though. Magic. Evil? You know.'' Kayden could not help but laugh.

''I have been alive for millenia. Not even joking there. I barely have seen magic used for evil deeds. But non magic humans at the other hand. Used fear. Opression and weapons to make other people kneel. Raping women and children. Turning them into slaves or killed them during a hunt just for sport. Is that not evil? Not a single drop of magic energy was spilled there. A dagger is just as evil as magic.  A sword too. It just depends who wields it. Magic is ancient. It is a part of this world and just as natural as life itself. If all of you could think for yourself you would see that. Dictatorships...'' He sighed the last word. ''They have not changed for thousands of years. I would know. I've been alive for that long. To bad I could not prove that evil magics are nothing compared to the magic of light. But when all magical creatures are gone in this country, nature shall start to fade. Crops will fail. Disasters shall occur. Plagues will turn cities which are now full of life, into ruined ghost towns burned to the ground. Good luck staying alive. Although before the next month is over, every single person. man, woman and child are dead. I will offer this instead. Who wants to leave can join me and my friend here to Serendipity. Where it is safe. Then again I wonder if you are worth saving. Ignorantly thinking and fearing the consequences of magic without thinking for yourself? Nobody will miss you. This Grand Duke. Where is he now you are all in peril? You all owe him nothing.'' He gently took Tah-Leen's hand after offering a polite bow.

''Let's go Tah-Leen. Let's leave these people to their fate.'' He took a few steps. ''Oh by the way if I were you...'' he looked towards a woman. ''Your son is in the grain shed. If you go now you might be able to save him. Or at the least save him from being a mutilated pile of blood and flesh.''

visualspice

It seemed the man had their full attention, but at his last gesture of good will had them all gasping and swiftly filing out the door. Only a few lingered to glare at the man and non-human posing in a human looking body.

"If something happens to that child.." a tall, haggard looking man warned, but then he heard a gunshot, and he was pushing past the blind man, running towards the shed.

Tah-leen had been watching in silence, and the both were nearly all alone. She lifted up her chin, gave a small sniff into the wind before cocking her head curiously to one side.

"Blood... It was shot," she mused, but another sniff confirmed... "But it moves into the forest." And she peered over towards the shadows of the dense wood. Not even her good fox vision could help her here. So she simply trusted her nose.

"It will be back. It's angry." And she felt her tail swish about behind her, thumping lightly as she kept her eyes to the forest.

SilmeriaElemred

''That it is.'' Kayden said calmly, placing his hand on Tah-Leen's shoulder. ''But these people do not want our help. If they follow their so called leader that blindly, not thinking for themselves and putting aside differences to be safe, if not their safety but that of their children than I honestly think they are not worth my time. And believe me. Being immortal gives me plenty of time. I do not think that we should linger much longer.''

A part of him wanted to help. But if these people remained so hostile than there was little he could do.

visualspice

Tah-leen looked at him curiously. She gave a light sniff in his direction.
"You're mad." It was a statement. She tilted her head. "We could still help."
She didn't abide by human laws most of the time anyways, or their etiquette, for that matter. "But we should hurry."
She could definitely sense the urgency, tickling down to her bones.

SilmeriaElemred

''And we will. I am blind but also a good fighter. If I am correct we need to go left here and then run for a bit. There is a group of children playing there. I am not letting any children die just because their ignorant parents decline the only beings in the wide area that can save their village. But my statement about the adults will not change. I can do something nice though despite it may be a little overboard. Do you think they will decline a God?'' He grinned. Due to the amount of his power he occasionally had been called and treated as one.

Kayden turned left and indeed the children were there.

visualspice

Tah-leen followed curiously. She understood, to a degree, what he implied; but the last statement had her puzzled. She cocked her head.
"God?" She herself, wouldn't have known him well enough to pick up on his reputation.

SilmeriaElemred

''Humans have me called such when I still bothered living in their cities. Due to the fact I rise up from the dead over and over and my magic is strong. Not that it isn't limited though.'' Kayden stopped and drew something on the ground with his staff before stepping on it with his bare foot. A gust of wind escaped from it and almost hit the children but he certainly hit something else which made a strange noise.

''You kids! Go inside now!'' he said. His voice sounded serious but the kids were not moving. They seemed frozen by fear instead.

visualspice

Her tail bristled at the sensation, for she could feel it too. She looked to the children, flailing her arms as she rushed at them.
"Move! Run!" They hadn't much time, and her eyes flared red as she let out a cry, one that frightened the children to tears as they rushed back towards their homes, leaving the woman standing there, her eyes still glowing from the power she summoned from within. Her tail swished at her legs as she turned to Kayden, then looked back towards the woods.

SilmeriaElemred

''Let's go.'' Kayden muttered beneath his breath. If it had just been him, things perhaps would go a lot easier. He would not have to keep in mind not to manage other lifeforms other then himself. But he did not have this luxery and not knowing what the enemy exactly was, did not help either. He started to go into pursuit. The blast of wind despite strong and hard, likely wouldn't have injured it since he was afraid it would hit the children as well. At the least they were gone.