Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Death Is Not The End [Take 2]

Started by Ethereal-Star, December 09, 2015, 12:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

[Open by request]

((OoC: This thread is open for cleric or priestly types who have the power to raise the dead or at least, are affiliated with someone who can. An NPC perhaps? Regardless, the title is pretty straightforward as to what is going to happen to poor Elowen. A note though: The outfit she is wearing in death is not the same as in life, just saying. Her body still has all her armor on. One other thing and that is a question to anyone who reads this: Can you guess as to who the mysterious boatman is?))

The blow to the head came at her then, and Elowen tried to block it a second too late. The sun elf was currently fighting two immensely powerful demons of some of the worst kind, but to the demon hunter warrior, all of their disgusting brethren were of the worst sort. That was just how she thought.

After the hit connected, Elowen saw stars for a fleeting moment, before the blackness kicked in. Barely registering the pain before her life was ultimately cut short. She lay there in a pool of her own blood as the enemy laughed uproariously amongst themselves. One of them, the first demon gave her side a mighty kick, while the second demon who had dealt the death blow gave her dead corpse a thoughtful look. "She is a pretty one I'll give her that, despite all the scars she got. We could--"

"No! We are not here to play with it. This scum has been nothing but trouble for our kind for so long. I for one, am glad she is no more. Let's take what we can from its body and move on." the first fiend barked at his comrade, shaking its black horned head in disdain.

The second one wanted to argue but knew better than to do so with its superior. With a sigh and shake of its equally horned head, although the twisted horns were a little bit smaller, they began to search Elowen's corpse for any valuables, finding her coin pouch in the process. Taking it, they made to keep searching as well as to avoid her holy weapon which still lay beside her so as not to get burned anymore than they already were. The red-haired elf had put up quite the fight, the adrenaline still rushing through their bodies as much as ever. The first one examined the shield at her side, pondering whether or not to take it when they heard footsteps approach.

"That's our cue to go. Let's be off." The second demon did not argue and they teleported out of sight in heavy puffs of blackened smoke, the smell of soot and ash lingering long after they had vanished. Leaving behind a very dead Elowen.

In a thick haze of gray mist, a figure slowly stood up, rubbing its head as though from a mighty wound given. Yet strangely, there was no pain. Elowen stood up to her full height then, and looked around her. The place was utterly unfamiliar. Where the fuck was she? Looking down at her body, she saw she wore a black gown. That was a funeral gown if she was not mistaken. What the hell was going on here? What is this place?

Peering through the fog around her, even her enhanced eyesight couldn't pierce through it. Something was dreadfully wrong here. There was no doubt in her mind about that. Slowly walking, putting one bare foot in front of the other, the sun elf made her way through this eerie place, trying to find out just where she was.

Soon, a hooded figure by a boat near a river came into view then as the fog parted around it. It seemed to regard her with unsettling eyes as though it knew exactly who she was and every thing she had ever done in her life. The blackness under the hood was so incredibly dark so Elowen could only see the barest hint of the worn, but ageless face of a man underneath it. She immediately stormed up to the figure, and asked him in a demanding voice. "What is this place and where am I?!" she all but shouted at him. "Where is my stuff?! I have a job to do, you cannot keep me from it!"

The hooded man said nothing, but Elowen had the creepy feeling he was watching her intently, eyes boring into her very soul with his quiet, foreboding gaze. Finally, he spoke. "You do not remember?" he said quietly, as though contemplating a great mystery. "Ah, I suppose it is no matter. Come, the river awaits."

Elowen snarled at him. "I am not going anywhere with you, until you tell me what's going on!"

The man stared at her some more, quietly as ever. In a deep voice which spoke of the grave itself, he replied, "This place is the Realm of the Dead where all souls go upon their final breaths. You cannot go back to your life, Elowen. For you are dead."

((One more thing. I would like for her to be brought back to life in perhaps a couple posts later, but not just yet please. That is all.))