Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Egg's Wants & Limits

Started by Egg, May 12, 2023, 05:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egg

Hello! I'm Egg. (I usually go by Bees, actually, but that's taken.)

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
On the fuzzy-feelings side, I love platonic intimacy, familial relationships, enemies-to-friends, hurt/comfort ... I'm also big on angst, though.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm aro ace; I have little interest in romantic relationships, and absolutely none in writing sex. This isn't to say that my characters are totally off-limits for romantic or sexual relationships, but it's definitely not my priority; they'd have to have pretty fantastic chemistry.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I tend to write characters shaped by trauma and anxiety, especially those who mask that trauma and anxiety by acting distant or pushing people away. I love villains with soft spots and assholes with hearts of gold.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
In the middle. I like to have a general idea of where we intend the thread to go, but to leave specific interactions up to the characters in the moment, and to stay in communication so that we can switch things up if we have different ideas.

How do you feel about group threads?
I love them! I used to do RP's with 10+ people in a single thread. Now my limit's more like 5.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Usually I can reply every 1-2 days, but I'd prefer not to be poked before a week has passed.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
It depends on the thread and its stakes -- if it's an important thread that will determine my character's future, I'd rather not wait longer than a week for a reply. If it's a more casual thread with no real bearing on anything else, I'm fine waiting up to a month.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I do not know what that means.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
If I'm into the thread, I'm 100% for it.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I generally match length with my partner, unless there's a compelling reason for me to write something longer (e.g. change of scenery). It depends somewhat on the character I'm writing, but I don't typically do posts under 100 words or over 500. That said, I don't mind shorter posts from my partners as long as there's enough for me to respond to, and I'm OK with longer posts if you have a lot to say.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I'm actually weirdly fond of characters just chatting, explaining things to each other, teaching each other how to do something ... getting to know each other.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
While I love writing antagonistic encounters, I don't really enjoy other characters antagonizing my own for no reason, especially when my character's logical reaction would be to just leave the encounter -- that puts me in the bad position of having to tell someone "this thread is over because my character's not going to put up with that."

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I would prefer that instances of physical contact be left open or discussed with me in case my character chooses not to accept them. You don't have to shoot me a message over every pat on the back, but please write your post in a way that won't be ruined if my character responds by flinching or pulling away.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
As mentioned above, I'm aromantic, but I'm not romance-repulsed -- I just don't have much interest in it. My characters often (but not always) share these traits. I am more interested in organic relationships than pre-plotted ones; if we're writing characters and there's chemistry, I'm OK going there, but I rarely have it as a goal. I am 100% fine with IC flirting and rejection, though, and your character is welcome to have unrequited attraction to mine.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I'm fine with innuendo and implied sex, but I'm not interested in writing the actual act -- if that comes up, I'll be going fade-to-black. I'm fine with violence unless it's really heavy gore, but if our characters are in violent conflict, I'd like to be in OOC communication to avoid godmodding. Drug use is fine. I don't enjoy reading or roleplaying about sexual assault or pedophilia.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
I'm not really interested in writing pregnant characters, but I'm fine writing with characters who are pregnant, and I'm fine with discussions of miscarriage or loss. I do not want to RP childbirth scenes, though.

What about healing?
Healing of the type that allows characters to bounce back after fights as if they're in a video game is fine by me, but if I'm writing a disabled character, I'm not interested in having them "cured."

What about characters being transformed against their will?
I don't want my characters transformed without my OOC permission, but I don't mind if it's against their will IC, and I'm fine with the topic in general.

Anything else?
While I'm an experienced RPer, I've done a lot of solo writing, and I've also been abandoned (and often straight-up ghosted) by a lot of RP partners in the past. As a result, I can be quite hesitant to get my characters into very close relationships with others' characters -- my characters tend to have a lot of acquaintances or friends but no one they're really close to. This is not me saying "I don't want to RP close relationships," though; rather, it's a heads-up that it's difficult for me. I am trying to do better with this, but if I seem a little standoffish, it's not you, it's me.