Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kada's Wants & Limits

Started by Kada, May 22, 2023, 06:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kada

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm a big fan of adventure, drama, and intrigue. But importantly, the slice of life shenanigans that take place in between all of that. In terms of relationships, I can enjoy almost any dynamic though the one I go absolutely feral for is rivals/enemies-to-lovers.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Not that I'm against it, but horror writing is not my strong suit. I'm willing to try, just bear with me.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I was going to say I don't have a real character type because I'll play all kinds, but then I remember that I have a whole list of previous OCs who can be boiled down to 'battle blondes.' I'm also a big fan of chessmaster type manipulators.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I'd say I'm about a 40/60 split planner/pantser. I like having a general idea where my characters are going, but I'm usually down to throw wrenches in and see how things work out.

How do you feel about group threads?
They can be fun as long as everyone keeps up with them (including myself). The bigger the group though, the harder it will be for me to stay engaged, generally speaking.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I try to post at least once a day, but sometimes I just get absentminded. If it's been a day or two since you pinged me, just hit me up in DMs and remind me because I might have forgotten.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I've waited weeks for a reply before. Unless the thread is very important to character development and I don't know how I should play them in subsequent encuounters until I see your reply, take as long as you need.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Honestly doing this in Discord is how I've been doing most of my RP lately.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
When I have the time and spell slots, it's great. Not all the time though, obviously.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I tend towards 2-3 short-ish paragraphs, but it really depends on the scene and how hard I'm vibing with the character in the moment. My partners can post as much or as little as they want, just don't necessarily expect me to be able to match you blow for blow.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Communication about what you want/don't want out of an interaction is so sexy and cool.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Honestly I know I have a few but they're so specific they hardly come up. If I have an issue, I'll talk to you. Promise.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I'm generally fine with my character being acted upon, so long as I'm given the freedom to dictate within reason what the actual effect is. Like you can punch my character, but I get to broadly decide how much damage it does. In specific situations where I don't think a thing could happen, I'll talk to you about it.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I'm more or less comfortable with just about any kind of romantic dynamic. IC relationship drama is also fine. The only thing I'll ask is that if we have an IC relationship and you intend to inject some drama, please let me know beforehand. I'm fine with my character being surprised; not myself.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
For my own part, I am broadly comfortable with writing/reading graphic content. My biggest thing is just trying to be respectful to my RP partner's comfort levels, and not trivializing real life issues that people deal with. It also depends on my comfort level with the individual; the better we know each other the more open I am to navigating those kinds of topics in a way that respects both of us and keeps the RP fun.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
I'm fine with pregnancy and miscarriage in my plots, absolutely.

What about healing?
Ask me before even attempting this. Sometimes I'll have a character seeking a remedy to some injury or illness, but I'm not usually a fan of easy solutions to character issues so I don't want someone to just walk up and remove the big driving factor in my character's story.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Oddly enough, I'm generally more okay with this than the healing. Still ask me, for sure, but since these types of things tend to create more problems rather than act as a strict solution, I'll be more likely to be down.

Anything else?
Nothing I can think of at the moment.