Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The land called Boblin

Started by LostSoul, June 12, 2022, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

Godfrey went up, happily, he did have a solution, save his mens lives, and maybe even some goblin lives. Though, he would regret killing goblins, he didn't feel much at their loss, they were hurting his people. He would suffer no more of it.

He started to get ready for bed, turning off the lamp taking off his shirt (who slept with a shirt before bed anyway), putting on his special night time pants, organizing his paper work, his  belongings for tommorow. Even had a basin to wash himself before bed!

He then opened the window, it was a beautiful moon out, he leaned on the window still and smiled at it. It indeed had been a fortunate day, running into an alchemist and scholar who not only gave him information, also gave him a better outlook...a little on the non-violent spectrum, but that was ok, if everything goes well, and the farm grows within that time and she does indeed come back. He'll offer her a job in diplomacy, alchemy, and scholarly efforts. It may not be as high paying  as her current life style, but it would give her a home, and all the chances to travel, plus a place for a lab. He felt it would suit her well, probably plump up a little if she had a home too...multiple good things for he-

He stopped thinking as he glanced down, seeing movement, he watched, staying still, a person. He barely heard the words but peaked his head out, eyes widening, it was the little mouse! She was being threatened, he looked over to his bed, his sword was there, but his bow was unstrung for the night, he cursed. He grabbed his sword and looked out, the figure was close to his window he backed up a little unsheathing his sword near the door so the figure couldn't heard it, then doing a little run with his extra space he jumped out the window. Without a peep, going to cut down on the figure. He just hoped he would make it in time, and if miss, distract him from whatever goal he had with Miss Sophie. He felt like he fell slowly, time flashing by, how many times he did this to save other people, and here he was doing the same thing, despite his worries that if he started a big place, he wouldn't get to do this again. He grinned, he was still a hero, and forever would be.

Hyacinthus

"Didn't think you'd get away from me, did you? Or that I wouldn't find you again?" The figure spoke, stretching it's fingers and cracking the knuckles in their hands, joint by joint. Sophie was frozen in place, practically too afraid to run... Or at the very least, very much aware that running was futile at this point. In an attempt to defiantly stand her ground against this figure, she clenched her fists and stared back intently into it's crimson eyes. "I didn't think you'd have the nerve... to show your face here again." She managed, a number of scenarios running through her mind at this point as to how she might go about getting out of this situation. The figure smiled.

"Hah. If there's one thing you should understand by now, it's--" He began, only to be interrupted by the sound of a falling blade from above; One poised to strike him. An assailant; A stealthy one, admittedly, but the white, wolf-like ears of the large man couldn't be so easily fooled, sharpened by countless battles. Time slowed to an instant, suddenly; To Sophie, it seemed as though everything happened in the blink of an eye. The falling attacker was only a few feet away from the giant of a man before he sprang into action. His speed was peerless; He swung his heavily-muscled body around so quickly that his long, fluffy white tail practically kicked up a dust storm, and with a clenched left arm, he met the oncoming blade in a collision that should've resulted in him being cut through.

It didn't. Sophie watched in shock as the beast of a man's arm deflected the steel shortsword, as if it'd just come into contact with the hardest material on earth! All the fight she had in her drained right out of her feet as she watched Godfrey's (she could see him clearly now, in that climactic moment) falling momentum was literally stopped by the sheer strength of the bigger man's tensed arm. What kind of monster...!?

Godfrey was essentially suspended in mid-air now, and had a far clearer look at the man he'd attempted to take down. He was close to, if not 8 feet tall, with pure-white, chest-length hair, bestial crimson eyes, and a body built entirely of lean, powerful, and war-forged muscles (He wore no shirt, after all; Every scar was on display). Said man spared his attacker an excited, sharp-toothed grin as he proceeded to forcefully swat the heroic adventurer several feet away with that same arm towards a nearby crate, the unnatural strength of a thousand men behind his tempered forearm. "...It's that you can't pull a fast one on me! Hahahahaha!" He boasted, both to Sophie and this newcomer now as he turned away from Godfrey and back to the mouse girl, raising an amused eyebrow. "Friend of yours?" He asked, and Sophie hesitated to answer; Afraid of what either a yes or a no would mean for him.

LostSoul

Godfrey blinked, he had seen a lot, but shattered an iron sword normally was not a good sign, at all. 
Then he went flying, disappearing into the forest, almost hitting a tree before hitting the ground with a thunk. He laid there for a moment, bruised, but not really hurt, probably some sort of blessing from his goddess.

He slowly got up again, looking at the shattered iron blade, frowning as he got to his feet, brushed himself off and started to jog back, right no sharp weapons, super strong...eh. He kept moving out, eventually popping out of the forest, still jogging over, spitting a leaf or two out, a twig sticking out of his hair

"Leave her alone and be on yar way, seems she nay like yar company fuzzy." he said simply, grin on his face, he wondered if he could make it in front of Sophie in time for her to run? Hopefully, on the bright side, he was constantly getting out matched 24/7 so at least he's getting used too it.

He kept jogging over, watching the wolf thing carefully, he wasn't sure if he could dodge if he attacked? Very likely he would die, but he could at least try.

Hyacinthus

"...And that's when told me you were gunna be back in town sometime this eve. And this here nose can smell that honeydew hair wash you use from across the continent--"

"But why ME, Dane? I'm almost positive the Red Ravens have their own alchemist..."

"Hahahaha, Jeanne? She couldn't tell the difference between an ore and week-old tracker dung! No eye for it. But put her in the lab with all her fancy toys and glasses-- sure, she could cook circles around you. But that's not the point! Point is, she CAN'T do that if she doesn't have the right, uh... regents? Rage-ants?"

"...Reagents?"

"Yeah, those! And you're just the mouse for a collectin' mission of that sort, am I wrong? Tell me you're not one o' the best procurers this side of Le'Raana!"

"S-stop, you embarrassing... dog."

"Hahahahahaha!"

As Godfrey cleared the forest, he'd return to the tail end (no pun intended) of Sophie and Dane's conversation, as both of them would turn their attention to him once more. Dane smiled happily; Sophie frowned, sensing more needless violence on the horizon. "Hey, your friend's back! And he's in one piece! Hahahahahaha!" The dog-man's laughter echoed past Godfrey, and into the nearby forests. His eyes were jovial, and yet as sharp as any blade that could be forged and refined. He lowered his stance a bit; Putting more of his chest and torso into Godfrey's striking range, as if on purpose. Actually, quite literally on purpose-- He couldn't wait to see what a punch from the lad would feel like. "C'mon then, boy! Let's see what you can do!" He proudly proclaimed, slapping his chest at the incoming Godfrey. He'd not fought with another adventurer in years; This would be amusing!

Or it wouldn't. Dane, admittedly more excited than he should've been, didn't pay much mind to the sound of Sophie's incoming, dashing footsteps; And as he heard her leap from the ground, and felt her use his back as a jumping platform, the beast-kin was a bit surprised to find the nimble mouse-girl had quite literally vaulted over him, landing in between both him and Godfrey, her arms stretched out in defiance. "No! STOP! Both of you, cut it out!" She practically screamed, though her voice was so meek that came off as more adorable than threatening. Dane frowned, his fun interrupted by this sudden interference.

"Oh, c'mon-- I wasn't going to kill him--"

"I DON'T CARE! This is exactly why I refused to join the Red Ravens in the first place! You-- YOU IN PARTICULAR-- Just swing your fists at everything without giving a second thought about others!" Dane flinched-- not because she was right (she was) but moreso because he'd never seen Sophie so... upset. She angrily switched her gaze between the two of them, unsure of who to be more upset with, tears welling up in her eyes. "This is EXACTLY the problem with you heroic types! Why would either of you think that hurting one-another without even TALKING to each other is okay!?"

Dane paused for a moment, as if contemplating her words, and then sighed with a smile. He stood straight, took a couple steps towards Sophie, and patted her on the head reassuringly. "Alright, alright, fine; No fighting, I get it. Don't start the waterworks, please?" He looked over at the boy, the look on his face suggesting he not do anything that might set the mouse-girl off either. "Sorry 'bout your sword there, kiddo; They don't usually break that easily." He said with a grin, his canine-like teeth showing through the would-be friendly gesture.

LostSoul

Godfrey grinned coming out, he wanted a fight huh? Huh?! He was going to show him, his blood boiled, a chance at glory?

He grinned, taking the bait for a duel, breaking out into a sprint getting ready to punch an-MOUSE GIRL!?

He came to a halt as she jumped right out in front, badgering both of them. He frowned

"I-I'm sorry...I thought ya may have been in danger." which he had valid reasons...most people that have that happen to them normally are being attacked by bandits...he probably should of watched a bit longer though. He rushed and made haste.

His head sunk "W-well, he could of been a bandit." he didn't agree with the logic of TALK...maybe he could of watched but he found out the hard way that talk could me spell slinging at point blank range...normally lethal or very, VERY painful.

He glanced over at his sword then back "Aye...mayhaps ya could make up for it? Godfrey be thy name, well met thar...and sorry for swinging, thought ya may have been attacking her...to many situations like that recently." he said nodding, looking him over with a grin.

He was SO glad this ended up on a positive note, he could of died! She could of died! Now no one was dying to some incredibly power dude, this was a great turn around, he only lost a sword this time compared to a friend. He chuckled merrily as he looked at the two for an awkward minute.

"Well! I uh, will leave ya to yar friend meeting, sorry for interrupting." he says looking down at his half naked self as he made a motion to the inn with a laugh and nod before going to leave. He'll just pretend he didn't interrupt a friend meeting, easy peasy, situation solved, he'll be embarrassed tomorrow though when he recalls this event.

Hyacinthus

"Godfrey, is it? Hah! I like you, kid! Any friend of Sophie's is a friend of mine!" He proudly proclaimed, patting said mousegirl on the head. She fumed a bit, still upset with both of them to an extent, but otherwise didn't stop him; With his strength, it wasn't like she could. "My crew, the Red Ravens, take on a lot of high-end merc work, but our blacksmith and alchemist are too city-built to go out and get the materials they need to forge our gear, make our potions-- That's where little Sophie comes in! Never met a mouse so resourceful in my life, hahahaha!" He happily proclaimed, genuine pride in his voice as he continued to unknowingly mess up Sophie's hair.

"Asked her to join the Ravens proper, but always the same response. Always willin' to help, never to throw her lot in fully with anyone else. Y'know, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were secretly tryin' to make a solo name for yourself, kiddo!" Dane teased, with Sophie finally reaching her limit and swatting at his hand to stop him from running it through her hair. "That's not-- No, I just am not interested..." She replied somewhat half-heartedly, while Dane gave her a knowing grin that only served to annoy her further.

"Anyway, kids-- I'm figuring it's past both your bedtimes," Dane suddenly stated, looking to both Godfrey and Sophie with a nod, "And I've got some drinking to do. Good seein' ya again, Sophie-- and Godfrey, you ever need a favor, reach out to the Red Ravens. We're professionals-- But I'm sure Estalla'd be willing to work somethin' out with you. A payment plan, like! Hahahahahaha!" With that he bid the boy farewell as he departed, waving gingerly at him.

"Now then, as for you-- There's a lot of rules to being a Raven, and you're gunna have to study up on them before Estella--"

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU NO!"

LostSoul

Waved to both of them, about to wish them good night before stopping and turning about, walking back quickly.

"Ser! Ya said a favor? Would you mind coming with me on a wee trip tommorow to handle some goblins?" he asked wide eyed, was he about to get lucky?

He beamed "Oh! And perhaps I help you out with a dilemma involving recruiting as well ser." he says nodding, eyes alight, things were coming together...what if, and this was just a thought, he got this mercenary group to move to his place within a year or two, with Sophies use as an alchemist promised. Obviously, she won't have time for that, nor would he enforce that, it would annoy her to no end he would guess from the relationship, that would mean she would need to teach someone, which could expand alchemy within the area. That, that was profitable.

He beamed with a laugh, despite being in the nude, looking like a man who just had an idea click and come together "And payment plan? Hope it isn't too expensive." annnnnd plan already falling apart, slight panic, but not panicking TOO hard...not yet, he still had this...right? Who knows, maybe?

Hyacinthus

"Hah! Don't you go worryin' about that tonight. We'll get it all hashed out in the mornin'! Rest for now. And brush the twigs out of your hair before you do! Hahahahahaha!" Boisterous as ever, Dane laughed at his own joke, fondly recalling approximately 1 minute earlier in his head as if it were ages ago. Sophie sighed, looking up at Dane with a rather precarious gaze, crossing her arms and tilting her head to the side.

"Do you really think Estella will... Oh, why do I even bother asking..." She muttered, still somewhat fuming, though not at anyone in particular anymore. Dane's eyes moved from the departing Godfrey to the little mouse-girl as he squatted a bit, coming down to her level. The two made an amusing sight; Like a scaled up child, talking to a burly adult. Said scaling wasn't lost on Sophie either, who unconsciously turned a light shade of red in the face at how miniature the giant of a man made her feel.

"Do I think Estella will what?"

"Just... Just be careful about promising things like that. You're not a solo adventurer anymore; You're a part of a mercenary group. Working for free might be what you think is right, but it's work that you're doing outside of the Ravens' acknowledgeme-- Ah!!" She began to lecture, only for Dane, who admittedly was only half listening, to grab her by the waist with a single arm, and hoist the girl up into the air as if she were made of feathers. Despite her protests, he plopped her onto his broad shoulders and stood, keeping her steady by holding her legs; if she looked like a child before, she was the essence of one now. "What are you doing!? Put me down!" She complained, though she didn't raise a hand against him in violence. Dane merely laughed, before he wandered off in kind with her.

"Let's go have a couple drinks! And then we can chat about getting your stuff moved in! Hahahahaha!"

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU NO!!!"

The two continued to bicker, as they disappeared into the night.

LostSoul

Godfrey grinned, watching them bicker, he was very wrong good friends. Either way, with our without help, he would leave tomorrow with his merry band. He laughed as he entered, quite glad that his sword was just shattered and not that he killed someone's friend.

He hummed merrily, entered again, dropping a stick on the floor, scandalous looks as he went back up stairs in his sleep wear. If that, he climbed into bed, looking at his shattered sword, it had served him well, and he would keep it still before putting it away, closing his eyes and calling it a night himself

Hyacinthus

The night lasted on for a few hours further in Serendipity; No shortage of reasons for the midnight crowds to carry on their either secretive or boisterous business. The occasional shout of joy, the complaint of a drunken lout, the odder passerby conversation-- it all blended into a cacophony of white noise, a dull, distracting stream of thoughts which lessened the weight of an otherwise deafening silence. Indeed, some few folk carried on well into the night, but for the majority, there was sweet, sweet sleep-- Where dreams of grandeur and glory, or perhaps a simpler, happier life, free of burden awaited. Dreams of dazzling gold and riches; Dreams of great battles, and greater victory. Dreams of the impossible within grasp, and even dreams of the past made right. So many dreams, desires, and the purest of wishes. She could see them all; Feel them all.

She didn't walk; She didn't want to wake him. He was having such a nice dream... He'd had a couple since they last saw one another. There were nightmares, still, here and there-- Pain from scars that had etched themselves into his heart. Perhaps those would fade with time; Perhaps as he continued to grow, meet others whom he could share his life with, they would simply be drowned out by the many good dreams he would go on to have. His heart was heavy... yet filled with a hope for a better world. For himself, and the people he cared deepest about. A yearning for a happiness he hadn't yet achieved... but one he could imagine. A happiness he was able to dream of... one he sought to make a reality. She smiled, lightly, carefully caressing the side of his face; A gentle, warm breeze, at best.

She was always there; Not just for him, but for everyone. Always there to watch over him, to see him grow. Always far enough away not to interfere... always close enough to gently brush the hair from his face as he dreamed of better days-- happier days.

"Sweet dreams, friend."

And then she was gone.