Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lord Amalin Tuthmosis the Third; mummy, man, detective

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2013, 06:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

*All of my profile art was created by me, copy right to me.
If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!

__________________QUICK STATS
Name Lord Amalin Tuthmosis III
Age kinda old- but appears to be nearly 30
Gender male
Species cursed human (cause some of the time he's the walking dead)
Ethnicity Ancient Essyrni
Height 5'11"
Occupation detective work and things!
Residence where ever his next adventure or job takes him (money, money, money)

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description A tall man with a slender, but fit body and dark tanned skin and curly black hair cropped to about his ears. He also has warm brown eyes and heavy black brows, a strong jaw, but not an excessively strong nose. His cheek bones are high, his eyelids are normally almost always half lidded, which gives him a sense of regalness, which he can assure you, is due to his lineage.

However, in zombie-mummy form.. he loses a lot of these qualities when he begins to turn back into the wrapped preserves of his truly dead self (see more in abilities section)

This is one reason he tends to wear a mask and thick, high collared clothing and cloves and rarely exposes his skin.

Personality Arrogant, smart, full of himself, selfish, ignorant, meticulous, peculiar are all words to describe Lord Amalin who once hailed from a royal (but now significantly dead) line from the desert country. He actually lived during the time the Empire had stretched across most of the world and is still (somewhat) bitter about that. He's smart enough to realize Essyrni is no longer as large as it once had been, but still believes most other nations as inferior.

Lord Amalin rarely talks about his curse and tends to be a rather private person altogether. Because of this, it makes him come off as snobbish and uncaring, when really, he keeps himself rather guarded, and it has been this way so it's almost a form of habit now. It would take a great deal of energy for him to appear to be 'less grumpy' when confronted with troubles of his own or any personal matters. Normally, he'll just smile anything off pertaining to his history and politely change the subject back to you.

Lord Amalin is also very blunt and smart and always calculating. It's his brains that keeps him growing, both to find a cure for his curse, as well as a cure for other curses and black magics as well. He has somewhat of an obsession on this, which, to add to the other listings of traits, makes him a very obsessive person. It's hard for him to get over things, even if he doesn't outwardly show it at the time. (After all, it's been centuries? Millenia? And he has still yet to forgive and forget his past)

Magic/Abilities

The Curse-  An experiment gone wrong and a death far too premature before Lord Amalin's time was rightfully due, the man now finds himself almost like a walking plague- for half of the time he finds himself as a gruesome, animated corpse, but when he initially awakens from his deathly slumber, he'll be a fully rejuvenated man- stuck forever to wonder the earth as both his former, youthful self before his untimely death; and that of a animated mummy when the spell begins to take him back unto death. And this continues as a cycle. He comes back for about a month at a time, then during the last week before he 'dies' (again..), he begins to slowly decompose, which is hardly a pretty sight to see.
When he is dead, he is completely lifeless and can only come back after he has his 'rest' (and normally he is aware how long it will take and before he's totally decomposed, he'll find his way back to his coffin to 'rest in peace')
His coffin resides inside his manor, and only his maid, Tilly, is aware of what he is (and he hired her for this precise reason)

Relationships
Tilly- maid
Lady Averella - his sister (though he has no idea she's cursed like he is and still 'alive')

History
Lord Amalin is nearly a three thousand years old (or perhaps older) and has much to share. Though he's not quite ready to admit to all of it quite yet, considering the wound is still festering, even centuries later. The cut ran deep.....

For now, he makes his means by deciphering ancient languages, cracking mysteries and teaching at a local university (though he's cut back on that dramatically to pursue his love for cracking crimes). Most well to do patrons of all areas will hire him out for his skill, which has made him become considerably wealthy (which is a good thing, living as long as he has, he hardly has any dowry left to dip into)

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads
I Think I'm Falling For You
The Long Dead-Kings

Complete Threads
briefly featured in: Lady and the Beast
The Restless Dead - players went MIA
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Tags: