Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ghosts (M)

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"How far do you think we can out run my cousin? I know we've just taken off so hastily, but I still worry he might catch up to us more quickly than we'd hope." And her eyes sought to his, a most serious expression on her face. "I'm just worried what will become of us if he does." Though she smiled a little as she recalled another plight..
"Though, I do realize the roads are also dangerous, and neither one of us can be claimed to be alive any more. How interesting things will be if you are to resume your throne and I, going back to the capital, banging on the Grand Duke's door asking for mercy in the law."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Well, I can't honestly say how far he'd pursue us. One cannot predict the thoughts of a madman, after all. "  He reached out and rested a hand against her cheek lightly, his gaze meeting hers, "I would die before I let that happen. Besides, I think we both knew the risks we were taking in running and now running is all we can do. Even without a rational thought in his mind, your cousin doesn't have the luxury of chasing us across country. The moment we cross the Turgall border, we won't be so easily tracked.  "

He frowned at her suggesting that she'd return to Reajh. Though it was a long way off,he felt his stomach twist at the thought of being parted from her and even more so at the thought of her placing herself right back into a den of wolves. But he couldn't ask her to stay with him anymore than she could have asked him to abandon his people and go with her. " I know that is some ways off, but I don't suppose you might consider another option? "

visualspice

Katahnia nodded sagely about her cousin. Though she didn't like the idea of her cousin being labeled as such, she knew it was true.
"Things are just unfortunate. But yes, we knew our fate the moment we took off." She leaned into his hand, her own moving forward to rest over his before she was confronted with his last question as her eyes peered into his questionably.
"What do you mean? What other options do we have?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Conall blushed lightly and proceeded ,appearing every bit as nervous as he felt. Perhaps he should have waited to make such a suggestion , but now that he'd put it forward even in its vaguest of forms, he knew that backing down wasn't going to ease his nerves any less or calm her curiosity. He frowned slightly , his eyes filled with uncertainty and an unspoken desire, "I...just thought that perhaps you might like to stay with me," he closed his eyes and shook his head, " but that's foolish thing to hope for isn't it?"

visualspice

Katahnia laughed lightly as she shook her head.
"What do you mean, Conall? Of course I'll stay with you. We are traveling together, after all." But it seemed she hadn't gotten the meaning of what he meant when he proposed it.

Paradox

Conall laughed nervously and forced a smile, "Right you are. Silly me! I'm sorry...the days have made me weary and I'm not thinking clearly. I just need some rest," He half-lied.

Maybe he wasn't thinking very clearly about this. What was he thinking? To ask her such a thing now when they hadn't properly courted one another? When they had so many more important things to do? What if their politics differed too much ? What if their faith differed too much? What if she never stopped using magic or if he could never accept the fact that she wouldn't? He told himself every time he asked himself these questions that he loved her and accepted her regardless , but what of her? Maybe he needed time to think this through some more.

"I love you, " moved closer and kissed her cheek.

visualspice

Katahnia raised her brow when he lied. She could kind of tell he was just trying to wave something off.
"You sure nothings bothering you? You get a weirdness to your face when you lie."
Though when he said he loved her, she felt her heart flutter as her cheeks turned a soft shade of pink. And her face softened as her smile grew.
"I love you too." Taking his hand, she twined their hands together while keeping her eyes upon his as she kissed his finger tips softly.

"So now, tell me what you really mean before I start slurping on you again,"s he threatened, wrinkling her nose in playfullness as she hoped they were close enough he wouldn't hold back anything from her. After all, they were in this together- and she hoped he didn't have any regrets. She did torment the poor man, after all.
"And if it's about my teasing, you should know if I didn't like you I would have left you well enough alone." And here, she stole a kiss to his lips, her grn- still as smug as ever but in her eyes, she meant business. He better speak up or else!

Paradox

When she asked him if he was sure that things were alright, he tried to meet her gaze but found that he couldn't which was something foreign to him because he could have looked anyone else in the eye and lied through his teeth without hesitation and , often, without feeling much remorse because the lies he told were typically necessary.

Were these lies really necessary? Was the truth? The uncertainty ate at him , but  still he tried to stand by his original stance, "I'm fine . There's nothing weird going on with my face." What did she mean by that anyway? 'A weirdness' to his face? He shook his head and squeezed her hands.

He smiled at her threat, but still looked uncertain. "No, no. It's not the teasing. I like it." And then he added hastily, "  But not the slurping." Because he really didn't like that sound. Seriously.

He forced himself to meet her eyes with a sigh, "Oh, alright. You got me. Katahnia, what I meant to ask you was if you'd like to ..."

A knock at the door interrupted whatever he was going to say . Well, sort of. "Fuck?!"

((lololol soooo ooc there at the end but I couldn't help myself. We'll just um...pretend Conall uses the F word very rarely and when he's very frustrated. *sage nods* ))

visualspice

Katahnia, taken back by his choice of words, turned towards the door just as it opened- and found herself gaping at just who happened to stroll on in.

"Katahnia Harmond, I thought that was you," Jinai said with a coy grin, her green eyes flickering over the pair as she regarded them cozily upon the bed. "So who's the boy? Got a new lover?"

The blood in Katahnia's body was set to broil, but she stilled her tongue, swallowed any anger she held towards this woman, since Jinai was the sole reason she and Cauwyn had that terrible fight an d broke up. Rising from the bed suddenly, she regarded Jinai with some contemption, "Jinai! I didn't think I'd see you here."

JInai gave a shrug, her eyes taking in the room.
"No body thinks they'd find me anywhere, but I'm usually everywhere." And she laughed at that, a hollowed laugh, and one that Katahnia thought, even for this woman, was quite odd.
"So what are you doing here? Last I heard the Grand Duke took care of you." And she looked the woman over, and it was then Katahnia realized the woman was high. She should have known that from the way Jinai was walking, unable to keep her footing straight and the goofy smile she wore.

"Jinai...." she said, hesitantly approaching the woman. "Are you... are you on opiates?"

And with a laugh, Jinai nodded. "The whole world is on opiates!" And with one stoned foot, the girl tripped, and lucky for her, Katahnia was able to catch her.

"Hey, you smell like horse meat- were you eating the stew?"

Kathania, finding herself at a loss of words, only replied hesitantly, "Er.. y-yes.." and she gestured for Conall to move aside as she helped Jinai take a seat and once she looked the girl over, she frowned.

"I hate to say this, Jinai, but you look like shit."

Jinai.. who's gaze had gone to Conall with a doped up grin, turned back to Katahnia as she laughed a barkish laugh right in her face.
"So do the pair of you! what happened- you both drag yourselves out of a grave?"

Katahnia drew in a careful breath, trying to steal her nerves from getting too angry with this girl- but she was already on her list of people she cared... less for, but even still, she knew Jinai was someone who helped the cuase- and for that, she at least had soem respect for her- even if she was an ass.

"Something like that," Kat spat hotly.

"And who's the boy, you never did tell me your playthings name."

Paradox

Conall hastily corrected himself, "Forgive me. That's not what I meant-" God, was he mortified that that vulgar word had slipped from his mouth! He covered his face with a hand to hide the furious blush heating his face up to a brilliant shade of scarlet. His face turned a darker shade of red when Jinai came sauntering in as if the room as if she were expected company; she was not. 

He opened his mouth to ask her to leave, but the rude intruder spoke first. Conall's embarrassed expression immediately shifted to surprise. This strange woman seemed to be familiar with his lover. He looked curiously now over at Katahnia whom was ignoring him at the moment , her attentions heatedly focused on the other woman. He knew Katahnia well enough to know that the expression she was wearing wasn't pleasant.

He was even more surprised that to discover that this wreck of a woman standing was the person they had earlier decided to find. How convenient that the woman found them first instead! "That's Jinai?" He looked the drugged-up whore over once with a frown, his gaze skeptical. He remained quiet , however, and let the women proceed with their exchange.

At Katahnia's gesture, Conall slipped off the bed and moved away to lean against the wall across the way. He closed the door which Jinai had neglected to do. His irritation only grew at being referred to as Kathania's 'plaything' rather than her lover, but he did a fair job of not allowing his inner irriations to translate to his expression. With as much patience as he could muster, Conall replied with an even tone, "I am Conall, Miss Ringstate. " He wasn't quite sure how much he ought to divulge at this point because though Conall did not have a whole lot of experience with opiates or the effects of them, he could tell that there was something rather...off about Jinai and her mental state. He could have properly introduced himself and for all he knew, she might hear "Calent Allarick" or "the Queen of Serendipity" instead. One could never tell and he wasn't going to throw the name Shanley around in Turgall without discretion.

He looked worriedly at Katahnia, "It may be advisable to leave our surnames out of this conversation. The walls are thin and we are still in Turgall," He reminded her softly.

He looked back at Jinai and frowned again. Now he was having doubts that this woman was capable of helping him.

visualspice

"The walls.." Jinai laughed. "That's not the only thing that's thin."

Katahnia cut a glare her way and forced Jinai to have a seat, which only made the opiated woman laugh.

"Gods.. how many of those vials did you take?"

Jinai tossed her head back with a laugh.
"All of them."

Katahnia paled.
"All of them!? By the Gods, Jinai! You could kill yourself!" But it seemed Jinai was indifferent as she laughed and turned her stoned gaze to the duke.

"Come on, learn to have a bit of fun. I have more anyway, if you want to try to reach the sky with me."

And all Katahnia could do was look appalled.
"No, thanks, Jinai. NOw is not the time nor place."

ANd with that, Jinai laughed.
"Of course it is. There's always time for getting high."

Kathania looked disgusted. "Maybe for those who wish to ruin their life..."
And at that comment, Jinai went silent and stared at the ceiling, her smile still there but not reaching her eyes this time.

Paradox

Conall blinked and stood there, looking and feeling awkwardly uncertain of the whole situation. He wasn't sure whether or not to take pity on this clearly damaged woman or be offended by the sheer lack of her manners. Was this the same Jinai that had stolen Cauwyn from Katahnia? He found that hard to believe, but he had no idea what kind of man Kathania's former lover had been. But , honestly, who would risk losing such an amazing woman for this?  He saw nothing appealing about this drugged up mess.

Conall sighed and shook his head, "Miss Ringstate, please. You're not- you don't seem to be ..." Well, he really couldn't be sure but he'd heard things about opioids before and he'd never heard of them discussed in a positive manner. The end results tended to be quite... well, ugly. If she didn't feel like shit now, she would sooner or later. At least, that was what he'd heard and Katahnia's own statements seemed to support this. Whatever Jinai was doing to herself, it certainly wasn't healthy.

"Your pardon, but you don't look well," He spoke honestly in spite of not knowing whether , in being high, she currently felt like a duke's treasury or if she was merely covering up her real feelings with lies and addiction. "Is there a reason that you...barged in here? Do you need anything from us?" He really didn't feel like offering her any at all. Ansgar was she rude! But, it was in his nature to be compassionate; sometimes he hated that quality in himself.

visualspice

Jinai just laughed, just looking at the ceiling as she did so before painful sparkles of tears began to form.
"No. I just remembered, 'Hey! I knew that gir!' and figured I'd come say hello." And she paused to observe Katahnia, and judging by the way Katahnia's expression changed, she realized she no longer wanted to stay and play. "But now that I've said hello, I think I'll say goodbye."
Though when she went to stand up, Katahnia caught her by the arm.

"Jinai... something's the matter. What's wrong?"

And despite the genuine concern on Kat's face, Jinai only turned to her with a laugh.
"Nothing's wrong unless you don't let go of my arm and I make it so."

"Yes but you're crying-"

"Crying?" JInai laughed and touched her eyes. "Must be the drugs!"

Paradox

"Yes, well, you could have tried knocking first, " Conall replied flatly with a slight growl at the end of that statement. He was only relieved that he and Katahnia hadn't been in the middle of something more intimate or he would have thrown this woman out on her ass promptly without question. He crossed his arms , not appearing the least bit convinced by Jinai's explanation.

Conall reached into his pocket , pulled out a kerchief and held it out to the woman in offering, " If you would prefer, I could leave if you need to speak with Katahnia in private. I could bring you a refreshment? Some ..." and he recalled that there was little more than ale to drink and , well, giving Jinai ale was probably not a good idea. "Actually, perhaps something to eat instead?"

visualspice

Despite being upset that this girl was the reason she and Cauwyn broke up, she couldn't be so heartless towards her as she cut a glare Conall's way.
"Yes, snacks. Go." And once he was gone, she sighed and turned to Jinai, who was suddenly sobbing.

"Jinai.. honestly- what's the matter?"

"I can't do this."

"Can't do what?" Genuinely concerned, Katahnia scooted closer to where Jinai was now sitting on the bed.

"I can't take the last vial to kill myself."

"Kill yourself!?" Katahnia back by this, what on earth was going on that she was talking about over dosing on drugs? ANd even more so to her surprise- she told her and at the mention that JInai lost a child, Katahnia's mouth fell open and quivered ever so slightly as tears welled up in her own eyes.

"The.. the baby... was it... Cauwyn's?"

It was then Jinai's shot to Kat.
"What? NO." she made a face. "That man disappeared after you left him. He went on about trying to find you, though I guess he didn't."

Kathania, surprised at how much relief she found in that statement, also found more pain as she realzied...
"Cauwyn... he.. he tried to find me?"
And soon it wasn't just JInai who was in tears, but Katahnia as well.

Jinai stared at the other woman, her own eyes reglossing over.
"Yeah.." she wiped at a falling tear, then another and gave a sniff as her nose began to run. "But you know I didn't mean for that to happen. I was just there wanting a fuck. We were both drunk or high, maybe both. So he obliged. We even pretended he was fucking you."

Katahnia held up a hand and shook her head. "Please.. I... I don't know if I can bear any more of it..."

"The thing of it was, I told him you can only live once," Jinai smiled sadly at it. "And now that i realized I fucked up someone else's life- I think I'll go get that last vial."

Gasping, Katahnia rushed after Jinai as she tried to leave, but when she did so, she found herself surprised when Jinai shoved her away.
"Get off of me, Kat! I'm sick of fucking everything up! I lost a child. I lost whatever love I had got, and I ruined yours. So let me just bow out of this game for now while I can. I fucking can't stand this world any more."

And it was here Katahnia's grip tightened on the other woman's wrist as she stated, "No."

And that's when Jinai slugged her across the face and bolted for the door.
Catching a glimpse of Conall on the other side, she called ou tto him, "STOP HER!" And Katahnia held onto her throbbing chick while holding an anxious breath.

Paradox

For reasons that no one could probably fathom, Conall nodded at Katahnia's words ,but paused before the bed to reclaim the lonely pine cone he'd left on the floor.He made his way to the kitchens , noting the way the men seated in the dining area looked his way with grins on their faces . One, squat fellow with an over-sized mustache and balding head gave him the thumbs up, " Way to go, son!"

Conall quirked a brow at the man as he walked by curiously and muttered to himself as he continued onward to the kitchens, "I really do not understand these people." Reaching the kitchens he encountered a trio of maids gathered before the hearth and speaking in hushed, gossiping whispers.

Conall caught part of the conversation and enough of it to cause him reason to blush, "Two women in his room! " One maid gasped, "Can you believe it?"

"Well, did you get a good look at him? He's a handsome young devil. "

"Not to mention wealthy. He had two horses!"

"Do you suppose he's nobility?"

"Is it normal for nobles to travel with not entourage? Don't they usually have body guards?"

"Maybe he's a merchant?"

"Regardless, " the third maid cut in, "it's quite scandalous. Really, he ought to be ashamed of himself! Such philandering is an act of sin and-"

Conall awkwardly cleared his throat and the women gave a start, "Pardon me, ladies, but might I request a warm meal for a ...friend?" Well, Jinai wasn't exactly his friend and didn't seem to be Katahnia's either. He wasn't sure what to call the woman aside from a lost soul.

The women stared at Conall for a few long , silent and awkward moments and he could imagine that they were probably wondering how much of their conversation he'd heard and if he knew that they'd been talking about him.  Finally, one of the women found her voice and nodded enthusiastically, "Right away , sir!"

As he waited on the meal, Conall heard a commotion behind him and Katahnia calling out to him from across the hall. Immediately, the duke of Ardal spun around quickly on his heels in time to see Jinai running. He wasn't sure what was going on , but he didn't think to question Katahnia's commands and moved quickly to block her exit path from the hall. "Running away isn't going to solve anything. Let us help you." He tried to reason with her though he doubted that would be of much use since Katahnia seemed to be failing to keep her.

((Feel free to abuse my character. So wrong. xD)) 

visualspice

"Shut up and get the hell out of my way!" And not waiting to hear his whiny ass excuse, Jinai kicked him in the balls and ran.

Paradox

With a grunt and a wince, Conall doubled over and pressed his hands over his smarting groin. "She kicked me !" He acted as though he were surprised and he probably shouldn't have been. He looked over at Katahnia and saw her looking expectantly at his way. Sighing, Conall took off running after her. Jinai was fast and she probably would have had the advantage over poor, tired and somewhat sickly Conall IF she hadn't been high.

And the patrons in the inn , for the most part gave them a wide berth. The men were amused, the women were appalled and Conall was pissed because Jinai was a pain in the ass and she was STILL ahead of him when she was already out the door, "When I catch up to that bitch, I'm going to kill her!"  He didn't really mean that ,of course. Maybe he'd just beat the crap out of her or something much less violent! Maybe.

He was gaining on her too until a man with a cart loaded down with grains rolled out into his path and forced Conall to go around it and lose some distance between him and his target. Cursing under his breath, Conall pulled the pine-cone out of his coat pocket and held it up. He had an idea that was, he supposed, slightly crazy. "Forgive me , father, for I am about to sin! " With a war cry, he hurled his father- er , I mean the pine-cone at the back of Jinai's dumb blonde head!

(( We talked about this the other day and I decided that it had to happen. I'm going to let you decide the outcome since um...that's how things work. xD))

visualspice

When the pine cone came sailing at the back of her head, it hit the mark dead on with a loud THUNK. Stumbling after the attack, she turned around and placed a hand to the back of her head, rubbing at the lump forming there. Though before she had a chance to cuss out Conall, she watched as Katahnia charged out the door. Swearing between her teeth, she turned to try to run from the two- and most comically (and unfortunately) ran head first into a wall.

"Jinai, wait!" Kat called, finally making it to Conall's side, and quickly gaining on where Jinai was now left, stunned. Turning her gaze towards Conall and inquiring, "Are you ok?" she then refocused her attentions back on Jinai as she rushed into the alleyway.
"Jinai, please stop!"

Realizing her nose was bleeding, Jinai begrudingly clutch a hand around it as blood seeped all over her fingers, but she turned away from them and tried to make a get away, though her other free hand was needed to steady herself against a nearby stone building. Needless to say, she hadn't gotten far when Katahnia rushed infront of her path, and Jinai, with a growl, fell intoa dizzy mess upon the ground.

"Really, Jinai, come now. Come back with us to the Inn so we can talk."

Jinai smiled, though it was obviously fake.
"Yeah, go back there for what?" And Katahnia noted the tears in Jinai's eyes again and sighed as she peered over at Conall. The Gods save them- this was going to be a long night.

"Here," she offered a kerchief to the woman before throwing Jinai's arm forcefully over her shoulder. "Conall and I are taking ou back to the inn. you cna sleep this high off and we can talk in the morning."

Groaning, she only peered over at Kat before glancing to Conall.
"If there weren't four of you I'd knock your teeth out," she tried to growl threateningly, but did not fight hteir aid as Kat gestured to Conall to help her get JInai all the way to her feet.

"Easy does it. Now come on, we'll get you a meal and someplace to lay, and tomorrow morning will be another day."

Once they had gotten the woman back to the Inn, Jinai fell asleep almost instantly, and unfortnately for the two of them- Jinai was now occupying the bed as Katahnia released a tired sigh.

"I just don't know what to do now. I thought she might be able to help us but she's a wreck. And despite out history... I can't just leave her like this. She wanted to kill herself," Katahnia revealed as she sighed down at Jinai's snoring form. "She was always selfish, wreckless and rude, but I think something bigger happened to her- I dunno what but she told me she just lost a child and to hear that ... it's just terrible. SHe probably feels like shit, for lack of a better word." She she turned a tired smile to Conall.

Paradox

Conall wasn't terribly pleased that Jinai would be staying the night and Katahnia could probably see that in the sourness that he didn't try to mask from his expression. The explanation of Jinai's behavior set him slightly back and he felt sympathy, but even so he wasn't about to stand back for long and allow Jinai to be violent towards his lover,  "If that is your wish, then I shall not protest it. " He told her quietly and then frowned, noting her weary expression , "What about you? Are you alright? Is there anything I can do to help?"