Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another day in Arca [ Open ]

Started by chandonr, June 14, 2014, 12:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

The guard with Kruz'Iik looked like he was going to say something, but Kruz'Iik took a step forward to address Aodhen directly, "You amuse me, boy, in your attempt to tie me to your social constraints and values." He started. His voice was condescending and sounded sharply intelligent, and he gave his cane a few twirls.

"Why should I care for the death of a woman completely unkown to me? Is it crime to not cry for the death of a creature so utterly beneath you? Also, you presume to have the authority to ask me who I am and what I'm doing here. You offend me, boy..." He trailed off, slipping one of his white gloves off of his hands and tossing it at Aodhen's feet. When he did this, the guards went wide-eyed, and started taking a few steps backwards

"...me and my honor."

Kruz'Iik had just challenged Aodhen to a duel.

Ickedu

Pheobe had attentively listened the conversation, but did not say anything.
When the foreign man finally challenged Aodhen, she took a little step forward, away from Aodhen, towards the man, but in a way that she did not stand directly between the two.
"Is this... really necessary? Can't we just... just talk about this like... civilized humans?"

chandonr

This man obviously wasn't from Serendipity, and from the sounds of it, wasn't even human. Aodhen looked at the man when he talked directly to him and let out a slight laugh. Like who did this person think he is? When the man took off his glove and threw it to his feet, Aodhen just kicked it back to the man's feet. He found it interesting that the man got so defencive, just making him believe more and more the man was at fault.

"Ok, so you must not be from Serendipity. And it's not liked I asked you your whole life story, do you safeguard your name with your life? Like seriously...And your dramatics, this isn't a bloody play on stage. One last point and I'm done, you think I offend you. I literally asked you a simple question and you find that offensive? You really need to harden yourself if your that easy to hurt. Also, It's natural for most humanoid creatures to feel for other humanoid creatures, so the fact that you aren't even fazed by the death of this woman makes you quiet suspicious. Look at the crowd and how everyone had a panic attack, you're a smart man, you can't tell me that you don't look suspicious."

Aodhen was talking extremely fast. Every word he said was clear, but the speed made it where many would not be able to understand. One of the guards standing there left, running in the direction of the armory.

" It may be, partly because he is not a civilized human.." He said to Phoebe, loud enough for the man to hear as well.

DaGlobster

"Please, don't take me for someone soft of heart. You offend me because you think I'm at fault. The fact that my true form is hidden and that I don't care for the death of some worthless peasant woman doesn't put me at guilt. My name is none of your business, and neither is my business." Kruz'Iik said, his voice even the entire time. The glove floated back up to his hand, and slipped itself on.

"Accusing someone of murder, then refusing to answer their challenge to defend their honor is the mark of a coward, boy. The mark of a spineless little runt who snaps at things he doesn't understand, then backs away when those things snap back. I'm not a civilized human, that much you have right. Now get yourself and that pitiful excuse of a healer out of my face, before I show you how uncivilized I can get."  He said in a tone that mocked Aodhen's fast speech, and spat on the ground, turning around to leave.

Ferr Windston

Standing near by and examining the scene, Botag chuckled. His red eyes looked down at the scene, what was a tragedy was turning into a comedy for him. However his laughing fit was short lived as his lips returned to a frown. Taking a deep breath, the half-breed groaned as he tried to separate his arms from the bracers holding them bound.

They were on the verge of breathing, but not just able to. He let out a sigh before descending from his position on a low roof and walked closer to the scene. Upper and lower body wrapped in a torn up cloak to keep his arms out of sight. Botag was in a straight bee-line with Kruz'Iik. And when he turned around, Botag moved to the side, not wanting to be caught up with that man.

Ickedu

Phoebe had quietly listened to the conversation. This all was over her head. She could deal with wounds, dirt or impatient patients. But here she just had no idea what to do.

When the strange man turned to leave, she did not do anything but whispering to Aodhen: "Should we just let him go?"

chandonr

" Believe what you may, but I never did accuse you of murder. I also never snapped at you, you actually snapped at me. Oh, and I haven't decline your challenge, just simply getting ready." Aodhen said, his speech only getting faster. He never raised his voice or changed his tone. Aodhen stay calm and collected, not letting any of the rude words that the man was saying get to him. He stood in his place, not moving any closer to the man, or moving farther away. It wasn't in Aodhen's nature to chase for a fight, but it also wasn't in his nature to decline.

He looked to his right and saw that the guard was pushing his gear to him. The gear was glowing orange. It was a light armor made out of silver. It had no head armor, but all other parts of his body were covered. The weapons were two daggers, also made out of silver. That looked like regular daggers. Aodhen started to glow even darker. He levitated just a little off the grond, enough where his feet did not touch. He put out a hand towards his gear, and all of his gear immediately changed from glowing orange, to glowing black and levitated off the rack.  He clenched his hand into a fist, and all of his gear came flying onto him.

Within seconds, all of his gear was on him, from his shoulders to his feet. He came back to the ground, but he continued to glow darker, almost to the point where you couldn't see his body. He looked over to Phoebe and said with a slight smile, "Please, go over to where those guards are. This isn't your conflict to fight. It would harm me more than anything this man could do to me, if you got hurt."

He turned back towards the man back, and all emotions on his face faded. "If you really want a fight, then I will give you a fight. I just ask of two things. Please don't harm anyone other than me, this is between me and you, no one else should be involve. The other thing is, after this is over, if I win, I want you to tell me the truth about what happened to the woman, if you know. Can we agree on those terms?"

Aodhen continued to stand in his place, but was paying attention to everything. He didn't know what this man would do.

DaGlobster

Finally, Kruz'Iik's deliberate goading had gotten a fight out of Aodhen. Such was the complexity of Kruz'Iik's mind, that he didn't even truly know why he wanted to fight.

Maybe he was itching for it.

He turned back around, giving the man who nearly bumped into him a piercing glare. He watched Aodhen get ready with a bored look on his face, as if he knew all the moves already. He glanced at the two small daggers Aodhen wielded, and he cocked an eyebrow. He had never seen the combination of substantial armor with two short blades, but it didn't matter to him. It's not like he was going to be fighting with a sword anyways.

Once Aodhen was done with...whatever it was he was doing, Kruz'Iik adjusted his tie. It was clear absolutely nothing of what just happened fazed him in the least. He had definitely seen better, and it would take a lot more to get anything more than a shrug from him.

"Skewed and arbitrary as they may be, I accept your terms." Kruz'Iik said, and the cobblestone street he was standing on cracked with a resounding boom, sending harmless shockwaves up and down the street. He took off his spectacles and cast them aside, his eyes a burning red. All over the plaza, shop doors and windows rattled with an unseen and unfelt wind, torches suddenly lit up, and the very cobblestones themselves seemed to thrum with energy. During this entire display, he didn't move a single muscle, staring dead into Aodhen's eyes.

"You first, boy."

Ickedu

When Aodhen asked her to step away, without further questions or hesitation Phoebe stepped back and all but hid behind one of the guards.

This definitely was something outside her league.

Ferr Windston

Strolling up behind Phoebe, the demon-human halfling silently whispered her a question. "So what leads two men to have a duel at an hour such as this?" His toothy grin hung on his face as he looked at the scene before them.