Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

From The Gulfs of Space... [THIIAAAA]

Started by DaGlobster, June 04, 2015, 11:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

"Noose..." Varian repeated, testing the word a few times on his tongue.

"It's certainly a unique name," Varain said, and his eyes shot down to the movement by her wrist. He saw the scars, and looked back up at her.

Thia

"It's the best name to...fit me..and it doesn't make me sound weak." With assertion, she continued. "I'm not weak." She noticed him looking her scars and she rubbed harder, almost digging her nails in. She tried to keep a straight face while she looked back at him, but maybe, just maybe he would see a little pain in her eyes.

DaGlobster

"I never said you were weak," Elaros said, and scooted a bit closer to her on the rafters.

"In fact you look like quite the strong woman. I wouldn't doubt you for a second..." he trailed off, watching her hurt herself. Suddenly but slowly, he reached out and held her wrist.

"Why are you doing that? Doesn't look the most comfortable..."

Thia

(OOC- Elaros?)

Noose's breath caught in her throat as Varian scooted closer. She looked over at him as he said she looked strong, the blush returning to her cheeks. "O-of course I am! I've lived on the streets since I was 5! I learned how to be a street art pretty damn quick!" She inhaled sharply as he grabbed her wrist and nearly yanked her hand back but resisted the urge. "Just cause!" She snapped, biting her lip piercings as soon as she said it. She didn't mean to snap, it was just how she automatically reacted to someone asking about her scars.

DaGlobster

[Derp. I had one of my other characters on my mind. Sorry!]

"Just cause..."

For a few moments, Varian looked like he might have been judging her, but after a bit, he smiled.

"I like them. Very nice scars..."

He passed a thumb over her wrists, studying the contours and crevasses.

Thia

Noose looked up at Varian in surprise as he said he liked her scars. Nobody had said that to her before. They either told her to stop or told her to just finish it already. Nobody liked her scars. She watched as he looked at her wrists, so covered in scars that there wasn't much room for clear skin. As he looked at her wrists she stared at his face, eyes taking in each feature, slowly digesting them. As her eyes lowered to his lips, she licked hers and stared a bit longer than necessary before shaking her head and looking back to her wrist.

She prayed he would not move aside the strip of leather with an eternal pink rose on it which served as a glamour and a hiding spot for her latest cut. Because of her blood pumping so much today, it was slowly oozing blood underneath the bracelet, not too deep but not shallow in any form of the word.

DaGlobster

Inevitably, Varian saw the little flecks of blood slowly coming from underneath her bracelet. He knew, then, that her heart must have been pumping fast. She hadn't cut herself in front of him, at least as far as he saw, so he figured that the wound must've reopened under blood pressure or something like that.

Besides, he could feel her pulse. He knew she fancied him somewhat, but he didn't let onto this.

"Say, the rafters of a library are a rather dour place to be talking in. Is there anywhere else we can speak?" Varian asked, and he picked up a drop of blood on the tip of his thumb, before wiping away the minute amount on her skin.

Thia

Noose gulped when he asked if there was somewhere else they could go. Her mind raced as she tried to think of a place. "That old abandoned house? Uh...rooftops? Ah fuck!" She removed her arm from his grasp gently and rubbed her head, smiling sheepishly. "I..I'm kinda homeless so I'm fresh out of places for us for us to go unless you want to go to a tavern." She hated admitting it but hell anyone could tell just by looking at her that she was homeless. She tried not to smell homeless but her clothes definitely had a street art vibe.

She tugged her bracelet off, the two swords dropping into her hands. Setting them down next to her for a second, she wiped her arm on her shirt and made a small flick of her wrist. Within seconds the glamour was back up and her swords were just jewelry again.

DaGlobster

"Oh, don't worry about it, I've got a place. You know the old mill on the edge of town?" Varian asked, and laid down on the rafter beam.

"I've been living there for a bit. We can talk there."

Thia

Noose nodded, she had checked out the old place at one point but didn't really like it as a place to squat because she preferred to stay in the thick of the city. She raised her eyebrow at him laying down, considering following his example but deciding against it. Even if she was crushing on this mysterious cloaked man that was no need to let her guard down completely.

"And how do you suggest we get there without drawing any guards suspicions?  They'll be watching the streets, maybe even the rooftops."

DaGlobster

"Why, we teleport, of course!" said Varian, smiling as he looked at Noose from his upside-down perspective.

He held out his hand, and raised an eyebrow.

"Shall we?"

Thia

Noose gulped and her eyes widened a bit but she smiled and nervously ran one hand through her hair. She did her best not to look terrified at the thought of teleportation and nodded, taking his hand.  A passing thought ran through her mind, like remembering you forgot something right before you leave. "Wait a minute, if I get seasick...SHIT!"

DaGlobster

Before she could speak, they were off. The interesting thing was that they retained their seating positions throughout the whole thing. Indeed, it didn't even feel like they were moving at all!

Varian catapulted the both of them through the dimension between space and time. Needless to say, the visuals were bizarre and alien.

All of this only lasted for a few seconds before the world came back into existence, and they were standing inside the old mill, which Varian had redecorated and tidied up. The furnishings were obviously salvaged, and the only lighting came from several candles and one oil lantern.

"We're here!"

Thia

Noose squealed as they teleported, relived that they didn't feel like they were moving but the sights were a bit much for her. Not only that but stories of teleportation gone wrong flashed through her mind. She pressed her body against his side, holding onto his hand tightly as she kept her eyes shut. It seemed like forever to her but perhaps that was because she didn't know exactly when they arrived because her eyes were closed. Eventually she realized that they had arrived and straightened up, clearing her throat.

She turned away from him, crossing her arms. "I wasn't scared." She mumbled, looking around. It looked like somewhere she would live. She glanced back at him. "You live here?"

DaGlobster

There was no point in hiding her fear, because Varian knew. He could tell in the way her hand tightened around his and how she got really close.

What Varian found most interesting, however, was the faux tough-girl demeanor she maintained afterwards. In short, she was playing up to Varian.

She was trying to impress him.

"I do live here."