Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fevers On the Swamp

Started by visualspice, July 25, 2015, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread used to have tags to @Riku Tensei  but now this thread is OPEN BY REQUEST! :D Send me a PM if you're interested in joining it and we can discuss! ^_^

Anxis Bay was the last place Dao thought he'd find himself. It was a place tucked away from most civilization in the backwaters of the river lands. But he had been quite literally running for his life, something he hadn't had to do in a long while, as he was so used to moving from place to place for his work, it was hard for those who sought the bounty on his head to even figure out or catch up to where he was. But it seemed someone out there was dogged and when he realized he had been 'poisoned' by someone at the last tavern he had stayed, he thanked hte Gods he wasn't mortal anymore, because the poison had been a killing dose.

Not that it didn't effect him at all, for he vomitted until all of the poison was expelled from his body, but it left him feeling ill- which made him feel strangely feverish which strangely made him feel more human than he had ever been. But he wasn't about to be caught, not over something so trivial as a lame attempt at poisoning. Obviously, the person out to get him had no idea he wasn't even 'alive'. Being a vampire had its perks, and being the day walker type that he was....
It left a lot of his enemies guessing.

But this one was rather stubborn, and he had been running across all of Serendipity until the fever finally took hold of him and he realized he needed to rest for the night. ANd it was already nightfall when he stumbled into the next town, a town built on the outskirts of the main riverlands, where taverns and saloons were lit up by candle light and the sounds of drinking men and playful women echoed through the swampy trail as Dao soon found himself onto the board walk of Anxis Bay.

He felt queasy, believing over an hour ago it had to be the last of the poison he expelled, but it seemed whoever tried to off him thought he needed enough poison to kill an ox, and there he was, bent over the wood railing as he vomited into the swampy river water below.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She had to get out of here. The scent and heat of crowded bodies was making her ill. And, more than that, was reminding her that she hadn't properly eaten in days. Growling quietly to herself and muttering under her breath in irritation, Gwen slipped out of the tavern as quietly as she could, tossing a coin onto the bar as she left.

Her attempts to get drunk had been in vain. Stupid new metabolism.

With a sigh, she leaned against the wall of the rather dingy building as she caught her breath for a moment, letting her eyes drift closed. She could still hear the shouting and laughter within, but out here she could focus more on the sounds of the river. Quiet, burbling, soothing. Just breathe. Listen to the river...

A sound that was most definitely not running water made her ears perk up and her eyes snap open. It seemed to be coming from the board walk that led out onto the bay. Curiosity piqued, she made her way forward, squinting as she spotted a figure hunched over the rail.

"Hey," she called, taking a few more steps forward. "You alright, mate?" Even as she said it she realized it was a stupid question. Probably just another drunk who'd had one too many.

visualspice

Dao puked again, spitting out what was left before turning to the sound of a woman. He gave her the most charming grin he could before eyeing her over.
"I think I'm okay now that you're here."

Or not, as another surge of nausea sent him back to his railing perch to wretch again.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Rolling her eyes, Gwen took a few steps closer. "Yeah, you look just peachy," she muttered, leaning against the railing was she was just  more than an arm's length away. "Had a few more than you could handle? Or do you actually need a healer?"

While it was more likely he was just drunk, she didn't want to leave him if it turned out he was seriously ill.

visualspice

He smiled at her, almost exposing his canines as he pointed a finger at her, waving it slightly.
"I never take on more than I can handle." But he didn't move where he was draped, nor did he stop smiling at her. He was just biding his time as this point. Poison was a bitch. It'd eventually be gone.

DragonSong

She sniffed, rolling her eyes- and froze. It had been a habitual gesture, haughty and exasperated, but she suddenly caught a strange scent. She still wasn't used to her stronger senses.

Underneath the acrid scent coming from him was something else, something almost familiar. Something in his blood.

Her eyes narrowed. "Do you...want some help?" she muttered, almost reluctantly.

visualspice

"Are you offering to share a bed with me?" he replied, giving her a cocky grin, but still leaning there against the railing like some weak legged fool.

DragonSong

That earned him a startled laugh. "What? How did you get that out of-?" Shaking her head, Gwen took another step toward him. "Look, why don't you let me help you to an inn or something, yeah?"

visualspice

"So..." he went on, still pointing at her. "You are offering me a bed." And at that, he laughed, something that sounded ridiculous and maybe even a little... maniacal..

DragonSong

"You are mad," she said bluntly, shaking her head at him. But...well she couldn't just leave him here, could she? He obviously needed up. "Come on," she sighed, taking another step closer. "Let's get you-"

Another breath through her nose, another whiff of that almost-familiar scent and she froze, staring at him with wide eyes. "You're..." she whispered, taking a step back. Oh no. Hell no. She'd done her best since her unwilling change in existence to avoid others of her kind. And here an apparently drunken one had stumbled across her path.

Great.

visualspice

"What?" he paused and put a hand over his mouth so he could smell his breath. He made a face, then did the same strange laugh again.
"I guess you're right to be appalled. My breath smells like shit!"
And more laughter ensued. But as he watched her expression, he sobered a little and titled his head curiously to one side. "What? It can't be that bad..."

DragonSong

Gwen held perfectly still, eyeing him warily. Was it possible he was a fledgling, like her? He certainly didn't act like the vampire she knew. Although she really only had met the one...

"What are you?" she demanded bluntly.

visualspice

"That," he went on, waving a pointing finger at her. "Is a good question." He grinned. "Cause I'm certainly not drunk." And he paused a moment, fist to his lips to keep back a belch. "It was poison, but whose counting?"

DragonSong

"Poison?" She tilted her head at him, momentarily distracted. "And why exactly was someone trying to poison you?" He really wasn't winning himself any points here.

visualspice

Such a charming grin he gave her when he replied, "Because they're ignorant. Didn't read into the details... Poison doesn't exactly work on a man like me."

DragonSong

And there it was. "A man like you," she repeated, eyes narrowing.

Deciding to just wing it, she arched an eyebrow and asked pleasantly, "You mean a vampire?"

visualspice

He flashed his pearly whites, fangs and all.
"See? You would have been a better bounty hunter. At least you could guess what I am." But he actually had no real trade marks of a vampire, fangs aside.

DragonSong

Her instinct told her to run, but... Honestly, he really didn't seem all that dangerous, fangs aside, and he was the first vampire she'd met after her sire. She couldn't deny that she was curious.

"What makes you think I'm not a bounty hunter?" she quipped, taking a cautious step closer. He hadn't realized what she was- maybe the poison was enough of a distraction?

visualspice

"Bounty hunters don't offer help to drunks, they kill 'em."

DragonSong

She smirked a bit. "Fair enough." Eyeing him up and down, she mused, "But you're not drunk." He wasn't even human- would he have as hard a time getting drunk as she did?

But- well, he didn't seem to be all that dangerous, really. And he did need help. "Look, you want me to help you get somewhere or not?"