Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Recent posts

Moraki Desert / Re: Bricc of Ages: Or How I Le...
Last post by Goldie - Today at 05:11:54 AM
Snarg didn't respond. He didn't feel any need to say anything. All that she got with a soft grunt in reply simply to acknowledge that he was, in fact, listening. At the end of the day he didn't care what this trapped spirit said or how she decided to view the world. His life had ceased to be his own after that day on the road.

He had been weak and now he was strong. He had been honorable and now he knew that honor meant nothing if your own decision making was flawed. Fuck, she had been trapped in that armor for who knows how long – she had to know that same truth on some basic level of understanding. She had clearly made some questionable choices which had landed her in her little prison.

Just because his prison didn't have walls didn't mean he wasn't in the exact same position.

So he sat there. If she wanted to fight, he'd fight. His blades were still attached to his belt, though he made no move to retrieve them. His lot in life was to do what others wanted, earn coin, and then sleep until the next job came along. There was nothing else to it. One day a job would kill him, or drink, or old age, or whatever Death himself decided was good for him.

At the end of the day it didn't matter. Honorable deaths didn't matter. Life didn't matter. He wouldn't take his own life, that was too good for him, but he wouldn't shy away from death when it came knocking to claim him.
Ketra / Re: I’m Telling You, Molotov C...
Last post by Bunbun - Today at 12:09:32 AM
Jin's arm suddenly coming flying towards her took Clover completely by surprise, slamming into her as she attempted to grasp it and nearly knocking the wind out of her. In fact, his attempt to save her came close to inadvertently knocking her back down to the ground- if it weren't for the fact that she was already practically holding on to him for dear life, he'd probably have swept her clean off of her feet. She shot him a glare in response to him lecturing her, but otherwise didn't appear to object much to him helping her along.

The longer they went without coming across any sign of her pendant, though, the more her grip on his arm tightened. It couldn't have been long since he'd dropped it, but still- what if someone else had already found it and taken it for themselves? And even if they didn't intend on stealing it, how would she be able to quickly find them and get their attention? It wasn't like she could call out to ask if anyone had seen it, after all. And Jin was... well, she supposed he was at least trying to help, but he was also... himself. No, if there was any chance of her recovering her pendant, it would have to come from her finding it herself.
Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by Nightcrawler - April 28, 2024, 11:02:29 PM
"You deaf too, now?" Fletcher muttered. He shook his head, growing more and more serious by the second. He thought of Zoey, and the number of times he'd had to fight off her suitors when she clearly wasn't old enough for them. But she'd been eleven, and Neish wasn't so young. She was grown enough, as Theo had reminded him long ago. And he could no more scare off every boy interested in her than he could control the weather. The tension in his shoulders eased. "Well. He tries anything, you know where to find me," he relented, sounding a bit resigned to the idea that he wouldn't in fact be out brawling with some young upstart anytime soon. With one final shake of the head, he turned back to make his coffee.
Last post by GoblinFae - April 28, 2024, 10:52:45 PM
"Hmm?" The young woman sounded as she brushed past him gracefully to grab a spoon. Aneisha continued to hum and spin through the kitchen, flitting from one spot to the next in a kind of giddy absent-mindedness that gave Theo pause.

Was this what he looked like since accepting not only his love for Fletcher but also being confessed to by the same man? Was he so obvious that anyone with eyes could see he was in love? And as Fletcher had asked...who WAS the boy that had the scullery maid who was a hair width away from bursting into song at any moment.

He felt exhausted already from the possibilities but was far from above using the current uncertainty and curiosity as an excuse to look for treats.
Last post by Nightcrawler - April 28, 2024, 10:39:38 PM
"You hear that?" Fletch interjected. "She called me young." He ignored Kenna's knife as he always did. The day she actually used it on him was the day he ate his boots for breakfast. He did, however, turn and deliver Aneisha a suspicious little look that quickly settled into something a bit more dangerous. "Who's the boy, Neish?" he asked.
Last post by GoblinFae - April 28, 2024, 10:32:55 PM
Kenna eyed Fletcher with deep suspicion and pointed her knife warningly at him. "I'll be havin' none of ye mischief today, Young Jack. I got baking' ta do and her Ladyship changed the Yule party menu again af'r I jus' placed me order wit' da butcher. I now have to figure out how to turn a suckling pig inta a goose—eh! None of those sad eyes Mister Theodore. I'll make it work. I always do."

Theo grimaced all the same giving Fletcher a displeased look over his mother's inconsiderate nature when Aneisha popped in from outside looking decidedly rosy-cheeked and bright eyed.

"Good afternoon, Teddy, Jack, Miss Kenna~" she chirped with an obvious bounce in her step. She flitted about the room, humming softly as she went about her chores and grinning such a cheerful grin that even Theodore watched her in surprise. 
Last post by Nightcrawler - April 28, 2024, 10:10:56 PM
"Oh, you wound me, sir," Fletch said as they stepped out of the room. "'Course I can steal a fucking mug." He allowed Theo to lead the way and assumed his usual stiff posture, hands behind his back and expression stoic. He'd both wanted and not wanted the nobleman to join him. He couldn't get enough of the man's company, it was true. The only time he'd ever say no to it was if he'd been put so out of sorts by the day's events that he needed his space. But it was going to be a harder crawl back out of the depths he'd let himself succumb to, that was for damned sure. 

As they stepped into the kitchen, he circled back around towards the kettle and got it started. "Afternoon," he greeted Kenna with what he hoped was his winningest smile.
Last post by GoblinFae - April 28, 2024, 09:58:16 PM
His eyes lit up at the mention of Aya but Theo wisely kept from commenting too much and risking upsetting Fletcher over his late husband's dog. "Come along then. I'll nick some sugar cubes for the horses too. I'm sure they're going just as stir crazy as we are without all the trips to town. If you're sky maybe you can abscond with one of Kenna's mugs and some coffee too keep warm outside too?"
Last post by Nightcrawler - April 28, 2024, 09:53:23 PM
Fletcher's eyebrows raised, his left peeking above the eyepatch. He shoved his hands in his pockets and graced Theo with a lengthy stare. "Yes you do, you little shit," he muttered at last. "You're welcome to join if you like. Could go see the dog, I suppose, or walk the perimeter. ...Anything but this," he added with a soft laugh.
Last post by GoblinFae - April 28, 2024, 09:47:14 PM
"We already know how good you are at getting me flat on my back, yes. I still have much in the way of balance and footwork to go. I can only imagine my horror and your amusement should I ever end up on a ship at sea. You can just peel me off the floor when we make port."

He got to his feet and made to brush imaginary dust and wrinkles out of his clothes. "Would you like to walk alone or is the company welcome? I don't wish to...irritate, you further."