Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just as Night comes Across the Water

Started by Zane, April 20, 2013, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

"Well, there goes another one of those ships." Night noted as a ship he had been following dipped below the horizon, out of sight but not so be out of mind. Night looked down at the water below his feet, what couldn't he do? When he had stepped off the pier at the harbor a few months ago and just started walking across the water, many people stopped and stared, some shout words like a god among us, the weird part is that some kid tried to do the same, Night had to rescue him. You would think that people these days would have better sense then to try to walk on water, Night gave up trying to recall the kid's name, it was something like Parker, or was it Peter?

Now why was Night just walking out to sea? Well it started about four months ago, he had been staying in the harbor town for just shy of a year and he noticed that several times a month a ship just went straight out to see, only to return about four or five months later. it intrigued him. Night definitely wanted to know what was out there. after asking around he was told that out there lay the islands of Yoreiq. So naturally Night set out for them, but since no ships were leaving any time soon so Night just stepped off the pier.

The irony of is was that several times now a ship had passed him, some on the return journey too. But Night could be stubborn, so he continued walking, keeping the cloud cover over himselv during the day as to stay out of the harsh sun and clear skies and night for a full view of the moon. Right now it had to be sometime around late evening, he had also been walking across the water for the better part of three months, he had to be getting close to the islands.

visualspice

A storm was brewing off in the distance, lightning striking across distant clouds while winds whipped across the island, swaying the trees. The warmth of the day had faded with the setting of the sun, which was melting just over the horizon and casting the sea into a deep color of crimson, like blood.  The small village of Amuhk-unta was settling in for the night, making preparations for the storm and possible flooding. Since a large portion of the island was in low lying beaches and valleys, they knew it would be wise to move  towards the center mountain and rest there for the night in the huts that had been created on the hillside.

But the atmosphere wasn't the only thing being uneasy. Layana found herself unable to stay in place. She felt tense as she watched the storm brewing, the light fading from the world. But that's as it always had been. She always grew anxious when storms came at night. It was a frightful thing to think about how doubly dangerous a storm could be at this hour. After all, it had been this hour that her friend, Ti'yana, had been taken.

So as she stood against a tall out cropping of rocks that remained spilled across the long, white sandy beaches, she was surprised when she noticed something approach across the waters. Her eyes tried to focus, she squinted them, trying to make out what it was as she held her breath. But to her, it looked like some cloud moving against the blood red waters, though as it passed just across the sun, she thought she spotted the silhouette of a man within. Curiosity getting the better of her, she clutched onto her spear and made a run across the wet sands, pausing where her bare feet were sinking in the foam from a receding wave.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

Night realized now that the sun were getting ready to set and pulled forth the power to dispel the clouds, but the would not heed to his command, it were an oddity. His power had never been willed against before, never been resisted.

"Is there a problem brother?" A voice said from behind him. The Night turned quickly on his heels, to see no one. "Oh, terribly sorry, please allow me to reveal myself." The owner of the voice merely came forth from the shadows cast by the clouds above. There was no light about this figure. He word a black suit and a skin tone to match the shadows he hides in. His smile was malicious, and reveal sharp teeth. He also had a single monocle over his left eye, which only added to his menacing aura. What is it about impaired vision in only one eye that makes someone look inherently evil?

"Who are you stranger?" Night asked, out of a curiosity, he knew so such concept of fear, nor had reason to.

"I am a Noctekiin Same as you, I am the Eighteenth Night. I go by the name Slade. And you're the Twentyfifth Night, By what name do you answer my brother?"

Night had tried on many names, Baam, Viole, Nico. and various others. "My name is Baam. at least for today, feel free to call me as such."

The Shadows smile widened. "Hmm... You have quite the authoritative speech boy. you demand respect. Which is something I respect. Lord Nirvana has given us a task, there is an embodiment of Light on the isles ahead, we must slay her. others of our brothers are going after the beings of light. Lord Nirvana wants them eliminated before he makes the call for war."

Night, now going by Baam, just tilted his head askew at the shadow. "I'm sorry, Lord Nirvana? I'm afraid I owe no penance to anyone, regardless of their title, lord or otherwise."

"I was rather hoping you would say something like that." Slade thrust his hand out at Baam, a cane that the 25th hadn't noticed made contact with his skin and his body went rigid. Baam fell atop the churning water of the ocean yet came to rest above the surface of the water. "You see Baam, You were never supposed to exist. There are only supposed to be twenty four Nights. one for every hour of the day. Lord Nirvana has a plan for this world, and we are the key. So you, a Twenty fifth night with no twenty fifth hour, have no reason to exist. You are a mistake." Slade lifted his cane high into the air. "As dusk begins to hide away, and Dawn is just to far to play. The moon above is shining bright! I bring to you, THE ENDLESS NIGHT!"

The effect of the 18th's incantation was immediate, it was like someone blotted out the sky, there was no light, save for a faint glow on the beach of the nearby island. "Kill the mistake, success in immanent. Eliminate the light, underway. Goodbye Baam." Slade pressed his cane to Baam, pushing him underwater.

visualspice

It was a cruel effect to see, the events that transpired nearly a mile (or was it just half a mile?) out into the ocean. But what she saw was clear; the night had turned to day, and some man was tossed into the ocean like a sack of bricks.

She thought her eyes were deceiving her, and wasted no time to rub at her eyes. But from where she was perched upon the shore, sure enough,s he saw what was out there. Dropping her spear onto the shore, she dove out into the waters and began to swim with as much fury and speed as she could muster. And the further she went out, the further she was enveloped into darkness.

It was a terrifying thing, but she kept on swimming until she felt she was just out tot he spot where she believed the man had been dropped, then looked around, frantically for any signs of life. It was then she noticed a body beneath the water, and dove down, plunging sharply beneath the water and reached a hand out to him, wrapping her arms around him before pulling him back to the surface, and with great effort, dragging the Twenty-fifth night out from the sea.

By the time she had brought him back onto the shore, she had collapsed to her knees, breathing heavily, her entire body sore, but she had to act fast. If the man had been drowning, he might have taken in water,a nd well...
She just couldn't let someone die on her watch, so she turned him so he was resting on his back, laid her head against his chest to listen for a heart beat or breath. But.. was one even there!?

Panicked, she wasted no time pinching is nose and sealing her lips over his and breathed deeply some air into his lungs, releasing just a little bit of her healing power to goad him into the world of the wake as light emanated from her finger tips over his chest; a spirit of warm power aimed to rekindle his spirit back to life.

OOC: I'm assuming Slade is no longer there but um.. if I wrote too much or assumed too much I can edit it 8D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao