Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, January 03, 2014, 09:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is open by requests only. PM me if interested. Thread partner found! Thread is now closed :)

I have a particular direction I'm looking for. And also, I'm excited to rp my new snow man 8D
I'm also undecided at this time what Duchy he serves. If you got an idea, hit me up! For now, I'm just posting this in Reajh, though it's not really in the capital, though COULD be a duke's manor house located in the city, or just his regular castle.. I dunno :T Guess I'll just see where the craziness leads.
------------

Glass shards were glittering all around him as he was punched through a window, and the wind, rushing through his dark hair as Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Willison found himself suddenly outside the castle, instead of in. Though had he been any other man, he'd be shitting his pants by now, but as luck would have it- he was a mage.
Though despite the symbols of Angsar all over his armor, he hid his power well. But not today. Today it was 'OH MY GOD, USE YOUR FRIGGIN' POWERS OR DIE'.
So he did.

And as the man kept falling, falling, falling towards the ground, he held onto his breath, cursed out the breath, and threw his hands forward and built a pillow of snow, which he promptly landed in moments later, being buried completely within (you know, except for the man shaped hole, which his landing int he snow, had created). And wouldn't you know, it happened to be Summer Time in Connlaoth.

"Shit."

Spitting out the snow, Jack scrambled to his feet, dusting himself off and looking back to the pile of snow that just saved his life, and panicking in ways he could seek to hide it. But did it honestly matter? The castle was under attack, and he hadn't expected to find himself on the opposing fist of a girl. Great, first real duty as a knight during this whole 'war' thing and he was already 'dead'. And he contemplated just sneaking away. He could always go back to a life on the street.. even if the knightly life paid well, it just... really wasn't for him.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Elphaba

Tamsin kept her sword as she headed back toward the castle, silently cursing the magic-user that had managed to teleport her from one of the castle's rooms to the street outside.  She supposed it could have been worse--at least she was close enough to rejoin the battle--but her fellow Mordecai and knights were dying in there, and she wanted to be inside to help.

She was almost inside the door when she heard the window break, and the muffled thump of someone hitting the ground--it was a strange sound, though, not like a body hitting the stone outside.  The Mordecai ran towards the sound, ready to hopefully help anyone who might be injured, and saw a knight--what was his name again?  Jack, she remembered.  Standing in a pile of...snow?  He was standing, at least, and didn't seem too injured.  "Are you alright?"  she called to him, running toward the knight.  She scanned the area, looking for the magic-user that had left the pile of snow.  "Did you see whoever did this running off?"

visualspice

Jack bristled the moment he heard Tamsin's voice. Oh, great! Someone else was out here. But luckily, she hadn't seem him cast his spell to save his ass, so when she approached, Jack stared...
and stared, and stared before finally realizing he ought to say something. Or do something.
So he pointed.

"She probably went that away." And with a cough and nervous dusting off of the snow on his armor, he then informed her, "And I'm okay. Good thing there was this pile of snow!" Great.. definitely not the right choice of words he wanted to use!
"I suppose we er... "And here he coughed again, trying to regain a more manly sounding voice, "Go after the mage then?"

Anything was better than judgement being passed that he was the mage. Or, you know, him becoming a bloody splatter on the cobblestone. Ugh. Thank Goodness for that. But, the more they were to stay here, the bigger the chances were of her figuring out there was no mage... just him. And that they were the only two now 'excommunicated' from the battle raging on inside at present- but it wasn't like this wasn't an every day occurrence...
But this was the Duchy of Ahjfeld and it seemed well...
Their particular forces were lacking... even in a castle as prestigious as this.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Elphaba

Tamsin didn't understand why Jack was just standing there staring at her--they needed to get a move on and help out however they could.  Maybe he was just shell-shocked or something--adrenaline would do that to people.  Tamsin had mostly gotten over battle nerves, but she knew not everyone had.  She ignored the staring.

"Glad you're okay," Tamsin said brusquely, but raised an eyebrow at him calling the snow a good thing.  It was caused by magic, after all.  But at least he wasn't dead.  "Even if you were saved by magic.  But yes--we should go after her."  She barely noticed how harshly her comment could come off; the castle was under attack, there wasn't time for her to worry about hurting feelings.

Tamsin started in the direction Jack had pointed.  Hopefully they'd find this magic-user and she hadn't simply run off; she'd rather be in the castle, but hell if she was going to let a rogue magic-user run free in Reajh after this attack.

visualspice

As Jack jogged off after Tamsin, he visibly frowned.
"Yeah, that's the thing of it, kind of strange we have to hunt down someone that er, you know, saved my life- especially when there are bigger fish to fry back in the castle. Now I'm sure Duke, what's his face, would be more than happy to have the pair of us get back inside there to help out."

Oh so help him, he was actually trying to coax her into returning. If anything, he'd rather not go back there. Hell, he liked a battle just about as much as any other guy, but he preferred his battles in a ring, not where men and ladies were swinging swords. In fact, he  was more shell shocked about htat still than surviving the fall. He always thought of himself as a lucky guy, heck, he lived on the streets and toughed it out for countless years; but this? To help fight and protect some weak ass Duke from his home being constantly invaded by petty mages (and as far as he could tell, they were pretty petty indeed...)

It just was not cutting it for him, but hey- at least if he could get Jasmine, or Tallismin, or whatever her name was to turn around and hustle it back there rather than chase after some female mage that didn't exist, it would do a heck of a lot better to hide the lies his sorry ass had already made. He just hoped when they returned he didn't get another pop to the jaw and was forced out another window. It wasn't as fun as it sounded, but hell, he supposed it would make one hell of a tavern tail if he could figure out a way not to get men all pissed off magic was involved.

Connlaothians, sheesh. Always walking around with sticks up their ass about magic and mages, as if he had any real choice about it!

OOC: Adding this note, I got around to making up a profile for Jack's employer~ Who is the Duke of Ajhfeld. His profile can be found here.