Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

'Dekka'-dence and Excess (M)

Started by visualspice, February 01, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Knowing the dinner was more than... awkward, Dekka retired as well and made himself scarce that evening so that Kathryn at least had the illusion she was alone. But she knew better- as did he, and he found himself sitting on the edge of her bed staring at the box she had given him but too afraid to open it. But realizing there were so many reasons he had come here- and Kathryn being the only one (reason), he found himself lifting off the lid in one fluid motion before peering inside to the little trinkets within.

The memories surrounding them were foggy- but they were there, and as he went through them- piece by piece, his lips twitched into an awkward, numbing smirk. But just as he was lifting something from the box, a series of letters fell out onto his lap, and he found himself picking up the first one...
and he didn't stop reading until the last.

For a long, grey moment he let each one sink in. The reality had been revealed to him earlier, but the truth behind the words, the gravity of what it meant only sunk in now and slowly he placed the letters back inside the box and found himself staring for the longest time at the ground.

It didn't take a fool to read between the lines-a nd after a good long moment, he left the bed and slipped inside the bath house- and before she had to chance to protest him, he knelt beside the bath and wrapped his arms around her tight.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Ah, so there he was at last...  The gesture surprised her -- it was, after all, quite unlike the King of Thieves not to march in with a smirk and a joke.  And now that they were alone -- without Valia or the servants -- it was easier to relax and accept the hug, even if she had no idea why she was getting one from him.

Besides, she had had plenty of time to soak and to consider everything that had happened...

"You're a bit late," she told him with a smile, oblivious to his mood or the reason for it.  "The water's getting cold already."

visualspice

He nuzzled his face into her neck, burying it there as he hid his expression from sight. But she might have been able to feel it as his grip tightened around her as she gave her a tighter squeeze.
"Cold water be damned. I just want to hold you."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

His entrance had been odd, but this was just not Dekka.  Oh, it wasn't that he was opposed to it, per se -- it was just that he was easily distracted by, well, women in general, and so the holding usually only came along after he had wore himself out.

And she had never complained or held it against him...  It was simply who he was.

She suffered his tightened grip in silence for a moment, then tentatively asked, "Dekka, what's going on?"

visualspice

Dekka released a hot breath against her neck as he held her tight, still leaning into her from where he remained just behind her as she lay in the tub.
"I read your letters." And the words he spoke, he breathed through her hair.

Ivory

"Which letters?" she wondered, thinking back to her desk and the few letters on her desk.  Most were political and, to be perfectly honest, dull.  The few personal letters were mere greetings and congratulatory wishes on the success of the ball.  No, there was nothing at all, she thought, that would trigger such a reaction...

visualspice

"The one's in the box," he whispered, voice hoarse as it came out. His arms remained around hers, his pose, not changing. "The letters I never received when I was.... away."

Ivory

For a moment, she remained confused...but, then, it dawned on her.  It had been some time since Kathryn had peered inside that box, and she had almost forgotten that it contained every letter that had come back to her unread...

Her body stiffened a moment.  She had a hazy idea of what those letters contained -- and it was a glimpse of something she had buried deep inside and sworn to never bring to light again...no matter what happened.

"I'd forgotten those were in there," she murmured quietly, slowly relaxing back into his arms a moment before pulling gently away so that she could face him.  "Dekka, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean for you to read them."  He probably felt like they'd been put there to guilt him...and that would have been a terrible thing to do.  "I should have burned them years ago."  She glanced down, looking every bit as uncomfortable as she felt.  "I was...really struggling back then.  And I shouldn't have tried to make it your problem."

visualspice

"No.." he told her, eyes avoiding hers as they were kept glued to the ground. "No..." He shook his head as he drew in a slow breath before he exhaled. A frown deepened on his face.
"You told me a lot of that at the masked ball- but even then I didn't want to believe it. How much I failed you. How much it broke you that I was... away."

Ivory

Kathryn sighed softly as she rose.  Water cascaded down her body to pool onto the floor as she shrugged into the large, soft robe waiting just a few steps away.  Her back was still to the thief as she spoke, occupying her hands with pulling her long, red-gold hair out from where it was trapped by the robe.

"I always knew what you were, Dekka.  I should have been grateful for the time we had together, but I wanted more.  I always wanted more."  It was selfish, but he had spoiled her, and...  How could she turn away from the one thing in the world that was hers alone?

"At the ball, I only told you any of it, because I thought...  If I could make you stay..."  She laughed quietly, but there was no joy in that sound, and she raised her hand up to press against the bridge of her nose.  "Sometimes, I'm not as grown-up or responsible as I think."

Seeing him had caught her entirely off-guard...but it wasn't fair to blame her behavior on him.

visualspice

Dekka stood beside the tub, the front of his body soaking wet as he stared at her back side.
"Kathryn..."
He wanted to approach her, to say something to comfort her, but he knew he had wronged her. He was the god damn king of thieves. He could have tried harder. But somehow..
he liked not having his head cut from his neck.

He felt his hands tense into fists at his side before he sighed.
"You have every right to be angry with me- to hate me and ask for more. I just never wanted... much as far as commitment with you, Kathryn. I was afraid of the last ring- that this would be the same and nothing more. But that was me being selfish. I knew where to find you. I knew how to act so you wouldn't run away. I played with your heart strings, Kathryn, because I could- because I wanted to- and because I wanted to be selfish and make you only pine for me."

Ivory

Kathryn half-turned, her smile almost sarcastic and somehow dark as she quietly answered, "Don't give yourself all the credit, Dekka."  She was still, in many ways, the naive girl she had always been...but there had always been a part of her that wanted those things she could never have.  And her husband, well..  Their relationship was far from something in a fairy tale...

Whether he had set out to play with her heart or not, in the end, she had no choice but to fall for him.

"Anyway, what does it matter?  It's in the past."  And she was finally beginning to get her life together again...even if it wasn't the same life it had been...and even if she wanted to pretend it had never happened.  It was easier that way.

visualspice

"Heh.." he gave her a dry smile as he looked her body over in her robe- out of instinct, naturally. "It matters because I'm still selfish. And I still want you all to myself."

Ivory

"No," the Duchess answered softly.  "I think that's precisely why it doesn't matter.  You want what you can't have.  I'm married -- or have you forgotten that already?"

And now pregnant, besides...

"But we can pretend, just like we always have."

The only thing that seemed to have changed in this equation...was her.

visualspice

Dekka looked her form over.
Pretend...
He could pretend a lot of things. Perhaps that's all this was all along-
and he was ok with it. He always was. But something about what they were changed drastically from when they fooled around inside their little cabins to now-

Perhaps if the war had never gotten between them- their affair would have blossomed triumphantly- but turns out...
Dekka had some value on his life and the dangers finally out weighed the gain and he never thought of the consequences.

But he had to wonder..
if he had known about the baby...

Would he have still come?

Realizing the answer, he dropped his gaze to the floor.

"Then the relationship will become as phantom of the rumors..."
Becuase now that it was said out in the open- he felt the allure of it's illusion breaking with each passing second. He wasn't sure how else to answer her.

Ivory

Kathryn stared at him a moment, then she dropped her gaze as well as she digested what he had said.

"So, you're leaving again."  At least this time, he had been kind enough to leave right away instead of letting her get attached.  Small favors, she thought.

After a small hesitation, she asked, tentatively, "Are you okay?"

visualspice

"I don't know if I'll leave." He observed her in silence, his eyes wavering. "You're like an addiction, something I want but can't have. A scratch that's there, but I can't reach. A dream I want to become a reality. But..." He sighed and turned way from her, staring over at the gilded walls.
"I also am a beast of habit and a sore loser." HIs smile went crooked. "I don't think your husband's won this war yet."

Ivory

The slightest of smiles touched her lips, genuine but hesitant, as though the smile itself were afraid to appear for too long, lest it be forced back into hiding.

"Who would have guessed that you were so poetic?"

Usually, he would have sworn every other word...

Kathryn sat down on her mattress as he stared at the opposite wall.  She crossed one leg over the other as she looked at him, studying his features.  "Dekka..."  She smoothed out the comforter beside her in invitation.  "I think you should know.  You made the right decision the first time you left.  Not because I want you to go, but...  I can't bear to think of you captured or hurt or dead."

visualspice

"Oh, it doesn't matter now," he told her, green eyes dancing as he got comfortable stretched out beside her on his side. "You're stuck with me, Grand Duchess."

Ivory

"Good," she answered simply as she snuggled up against his larger frame.  Her eyes closed lightly, and it seemed, for a moment, that she might be falling asleep.  After a moment of silence, she added, peeking at him with one eye, "But if you're going to stay, there are rules, Dekka."