Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

'Dekka'-dence and Excess (M)

Started by visualspice, February 01, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dekka's grin grew naturally wider across his face.
"But of course. There'd be no fun in it if there weren't some fucking rules to break." And here, he kissed at her shoulder.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

The comment did not draw a smile or a laugh from her.  Instead, she turned onto her back to look up at him.  "I mean it," she said softly.  "There's one rule you can't break, not ever, Dekka.  Not unless you want to leave."  She hesitated a moment, then lifted up a hand to trace his freshly-shaved jaw.

She really did like him with a beard so much better...  Even if it did have a little gray in it.

"Dekka, we don't...  We can't talk about him."

visualspice

Dekka peered up from her shoulder where he had been nursing.
"Him?" he murmured, hot breath against her flesh as his hands felt up her sides.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Him," she affirmed, looking up at him with a rather serious, if somehow lost, expression.  "Or the letters."

She wasn't sure she owed him an explanation...but, then, maybe she did.  Who was she to say?

"I would just as soon pretend that it never happened.  Not any of it."

visualspice

Dekka looked up into her eyes, seeing the pain, the hurt there and he knew she wasn't talking about Calent.
"So you'd rather just... forget?" he asked, his expression most serious, even for him as his green eyes peered into hers. "It sounds like a difficult chore," he murmured.

Ivory

The Duchess's smile was sad.

"Brandy," she said simply.  Yes, the brandy had helped...  But not as much as she would have liked.  If it had been the cure-all she sought, not even Calent could have convinced her to give it up.

But any fool could see she had never recovered, with or without the liquor.  It had remained a gaping wound in her life, never healed.

visualspice

Dekka peered more curiously into her eyes.
"Brandy?" He made a face, and didn't quite get what she meant.

Ivory

Kathryn nodded slightly as she looked up at him.  "Yes.  Brandy.  Liquor.  Alcohol?  Surely, I don't have to tell you...  If you drink enough of it, it helps.  If nothing else, once you pass out, it keeps the nightmares away."

Her eyes looked away from his, staring up past him at the ceiling above.

"It's been...hard...without it.  I don't always sleep well without it."  Poor Calent thought his nightmares kept her up -- but, in reality, she was glad for the company.  Things were better with him there to tire her out before bed, but that didn't always help...

visualspice

Dekka scrunched his face.
"What? You think fucking alcohol will fix it?" He shook his head. "That stuff fucks you up, Kathryn."
And the last thing he wanted was for her to get hurt.

Ivory

Kathryn blinked at the ceiling and gave her head a little shake.

"Nothing will fix it, Dekka.  And I know so much brandy is bad for you, but..."  She sighed softly.  "It really did help."

She glanced at Dekka, then, and her expression softened.  "Don't look so worried.  I haven't drank a drop since the ball.  And even then, I was on my best behavior."  Because of Calent.  Because she had promised him...

visualspice

Dekka's eyes softened as he studied her.
"What made you change your mind?" he asked in a breath barely above a whisper.

Ivory

"Calent," she offered softly, able to meet his eyes for only a moment before looking away.  "A few weeks before the ball..."

"It took him a year to notice, but, eventually..."  Well, eventually, he had.  And they had made up.  "But I was in a dark place before that.  So...  I just don't think about it."

visualspice

It was here things began to make sense. ANd once when the thief may have been clouded over what transpired between them, it all began to become clear. He rose away from her, lifting up his chin in a half realized nod.

Ivory

"I'm sorry," she murmured softly.  After a moment, she scooted up onto her knees beside him.  "I keep hurting you.  And, believe it or not, that's the last thing I want to do.  But I can't lie to you either."

It was just that so much had happened...and he had missed it all...

visualspice

Dekka turned away. He scowled. He was never good dealing with these sorts of things and he shrugged her away.But he didn't know what to say to her as he got up and simply walked away- though he paused over at the wall, near the window.

Ivory

Kathryn exhaled softly and remained where she sat, simply watching him.  She didn't know what to say either.  Somewhere, deep inside, she knew how she felt about Dekka -- how she would always feel about him.  But that part of her was buried, and with good reason...because Dekka could never be a permanent part of her life, and when he left, her world would fall apart again.  The only way to avoid such pain would be to deny everything but the physical attraction and friendship...

But that was obviously no longer what he wanted...

So, instead of going to him, of trying to think of something to say to comfort him, she reminded him only, "You weren't here."  It wasn't an accusation; it was a simple statement that, sometimes, things changed because they had to change, because they couldn't take anymore...not for the right reasons.

Picking up her hairbrush, she let down her hair and began to brush the red-gold strands in silence, letting him decide if he would stay or if he would go.  She couldn't even say anymore which she hoped for...

visualspice

Silence was a new thing for him- but that was how he remained, brooding by the window in silence. He knew what she meant, what it would mean for them- but he tried very carefully to consider what ought to be done.

"So are we to simply remain as fuck buddies?" he asked after a moment, flashing her a classic grin. "Or, presume that's all it has ever fucking been before?" But though he asked her the statement, he himself was pushing away what was rising to the surface, the part of him that wanted Kathryn for Kathryn and not just her body. He never thought he'd crave for someone as such, but here he was- contemplating a life as a body for sex rather than a body for relationship.

Who knew he'd even ever care....

Ivory

Kathryn's eyes caught his in the mirror, and she studied him with a sad expression.

"When we first met, I think I could have lived with you out in the woods, and I would never have been happier.  But that was...so long ago.  I've grown used to this life.  And the truth is, if I had to leave it, I don't know that I could."  Her eyes were still on him, technically, but she didn't seem to see him any longer; her gaze was unfocused, as though seeing another time and place in the polished glass.  Moisture shimmered in those deep orbs as well.  "I don't know what's out there anymore, and that...  It's terrifying."

She blinked a few times and turned her attention back to her hair.  "If I can't leave and you can't stay, where does that leave us, Dekka?"

visualspice

Dekka wondered that himself and shrugged his shoulders.
"I guess that fucking leaves us to the whim of the fucking winds."
he turned to her, laughing softly, but it was an unrealized, dry laugh.
"I mean, though we both live fucking different lives, does not mean we can't continue our charade and our play. I told you Kathryn, I'm addicted to you. Even if I tried to leave this, I'd be back for more."

Ivory

There was a time she had felt the same way.  Hell, maybe she still did.  Maybe that was why she had let him back into her bed, even though she and Calent were supposedly so perfect...  Maybe that was why it still hurt so much...

Her smile echoed his as she set her hairbrush down and turned slightly to face him.  "What the hell have we gotten ourselves into, Dekka?"