Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mind Games [Ahnnie]

Started by Vyraena, January 13, 2015, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

Andariel had been watching this mage for a few days, and so far she could see that the girl was kind and cheerful. However, Andariel sensed a great darkness within her, and that was something that always was of interest to her. People with darkness inside them, especially ones who don't know about it, or thought little of it, were normally the easiest to manipulate.

Andariel watched as the girl walked through the village. It was a cold, windy day, and if one looked at the clouds it would seem that there might be a storm coming. The sun was shrouded behind dark grey clouds, and although there was no rain yet, there were all the signs of it.

After a while, the wind picked up, and the first drop of rain fell. It was quickly followed by more, and soon there was a downpour. Andariel watched as the girl took shelter in one of the buildings nearby, hoping to get out of the rain.

One of the eyes on Andariel's wings opened, and as soon as it did, Andariel could see the movement happening within the building. Using this magical sight, she determined that the girl was alone inside the building. The eye closed again, and Andariel's sight returned to normal.

Andariel flew down to the building, landing outside and just out of sight of all doors and windows. Then, opening the door, Andariel made her way inside. She walked up to the girl and smiled. "Trying to escape the rain too, it seems?"

Ahnnie

Noelle had thought the day might turn out rainy. But she didn't think so that morning when she left the house. Granted, the sky was cloudy, but she hadn't imagined that it would rain. She thought it would start pouring later in the day, when the clouds grew darker and unable to hold in their load. Thinking and knowing were two totally different things, though.

As soon as the steady breeze picked up pace throughout the village, the rain started to fall. Noelle cursed her dumb luck and bad foresight before ducking towards one of the nearby buildings to take shelter in. She didn't pay attention to whose shop it was she ran into; she just opened the door and stood inside by the windows, watching the downpour fall like a shimmery gossamer curtain of dull gray.

Sometime later a young woman entered the building as well. Heading towards Noelle, she asked if the girl was trying to get out of the rain too. Noelle nodded. "I totally wasn't prepared for it," the snow mage added. She sighed in exasperation. "Oh...and I was planning to head to the bakery before it closed, too..." But then she shrugged. "Oh well, it'll stop soon, and then there'll be sunshine again." She mustered a smile for the young woman to show that all was not lost.

Vyraena

Andariel was slightly surprised that the young mage didn't make a comment about her appearance right away, but that was also a good sign. That meant she wasn't scared of her, or suspicious. She offered a smile back when the girl explained herself and smiled. "It doesn't seem like it will be stopping for a while, unfortunately. I may be wrong, but call it a premonition."

Andariel spread her wings to shake off some of the rain, then folded them neatly behind her once more. All of the magical eyes on her wings were closed so that she wouldn't scare the young mage with them while she talked to her. "Are you from this village, then?"

Ahnnie

((Oh yeah I totally forgot about Andariel's wings >.> I thought she disguised herself or something.

Sorry for being away for so long. A trip, got sick, and school got in my way -_-'))

--

The young woman believed the rain would not be stopping anytime soon as a premonition. Noelle wondered then if she had some sort of magic, but then she was probably one of those people who were really attuned to the patterns of the weather. Like those old people who could "feel it in their bones" that today would turn out rainy, or sunny, or foggy, or etc. Well, she was not old--far from it--that was the difference.

When she spread her wings to shake of the rain, Noelle was slightly shocked and a little startled for not having realized something so obvious sooner. But the surprise soon wore away into amazement, because it wasn't every day Noelle got to meet someone with wings!

The young winged woman next asked her if she was from the village. Noelle stared at her wings in awe and admiration for a while longer before finally snapping out and answering.

"O-oh, this village? Yes, I do! I live here with my aunts and uncles. What about you? But I guess if I've never seen you before, then you're not from here?"