Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where the Wild Things Are

Started by visualspice, November 30, 2014, 05:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

By the time Sacora awoke, he was exhausted, and it was evident in his eyes. But like a drug, he remained close to the diminishing fire. And at her statement of 'goodmorning,' he only growled and retorted, "What's so good about it? I told you- I don't like the day."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ahnnie

As expected, the moth boy had nothing happy to say. "What's so good about it? I told you--I don't like the day." Sacora got out of her sleeping bag and folded it up to stuff in her pack. When she was done with that, she strode past him to the dead fire where her cloth of rations and waterskin lay--untouched.

"Well, I used to be afraid of the night," Sacora said, "until someone taught me that there was both beauty in night and day." She washed her face with water from the waterskin as well as refreshed her mouth, spitting the water out on the ground but not in full view of the moth boy. "My name is Sacora, by the way," she said when she was done. Wiping her mouth with her sleeve, she turned back to the campfire where he was stationed and got a good look at his face.

"Goodness...you didn't sleep at all?" She knelt down to absorb some fire back within her palms, her equivalent of putting out a fire, at least one small enough to do so. "You must be awfully tired." She looked at his arm a little worriedly, wondering if she should suggest for him to go to a healer..."I know I must seem like I ask a lot of questions, but do you want food? At least, to put some strength into you. I'm a little worried about...about that arm of yours. And your wings could use some mending up."

visualspice

Though she said and offered a lot, Sacora's actions of taking and absorbing the flames made him jump and suddenly cling onto her hand.

"The fire!" his eyes were wide. "What did you do to it!?" And his tone was accusing- but also desperate.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ahnnie

A rush of heat always went up her palms whenever she absorbed a fire. It was not painful; rather, it was comforting and relaxing. It was a special thing she could do especially with fire that came from her body. Fire lit from foreign origins were often more prickly to absorb, but still absorb-able nonetheless (although not ideal). The way the moth boy accosted her though, one could've sworn she'd just murdered his favorite pet.

"The fire! What did you do to it!?" He jolted and clung onto her hand, causing her to jolt and give a small unintelligible exclamation of surprise.

"Ea-easy, easy," she coaxed him, recovering from her initial shock. "I only put it out. You know, because it's morning, and we don't need a fire. It's something I can do with my hands because, as you've probably known by now, I can use fire magic...you shouldn't attempt to do the same."

visualspice

Miersck was examining her hand as if looking for some sort of opening to get the fire back out. He must have looked silly- and when she explained about her fire powers, his eyes shot up to her- and he suddenly jerked away.

"Fire mage? You're a fire mage!?"

Great! This was just terrific! They were the WORST of them all!

Ahnnie

Sacora was even more baffled when he felt her hand over as if to search for the missing fire, or to find out how she absorbed it. "Ummm..." He did look kind of silly, reminding her of a curious child, but when she came to the explanation of how she could control fire he suddenly jerked away as if she were something poisonous. The action confused her further (and maybe hurt her a little) but it was nothing in the face of his next question:

"Fire mage? You're a fire mage!?"

She touched the hand he had been clinging onto as if he had left some sort of injury there. "Yes...I am...but I won't hurt you." Was he previously mistreated by one? Was that why he was so wary?

visualspice

Miersck took a wary step back.
"Pah! As if you can help it! Do you even know what fire can do to a moth fae?" he asked, accusingly. Fire was definitely like an addictive poison, where as with water? Water he just hated. But fire- fire was a breed all on it's own!

"Just stay... stay away from me." Another step back was taken. "And don't even.. even THINK about using those powers again!" He was so riled up by this, his wings bristled tightly against his back.

Ahnnie

Well, Sacora didn't presume to know what had happened to the moth boy. Whatever it was, it made him very wary and naturally suspicious of her. However, his curt response cleared up a few more things. "Pah! As if you can help it! Do you even know what fire can do to a moth fae?"

Sacora sat very still when she heard that he was a moth fae. A fae! She knew they existed, for most Serenians shared a part human, part fae bloodline. But she had never really seen one before. It amazed her, and she found herself regarding this boy as an ancient being even though he was younger than her. Through this amazement the bite of his words still came through, and Sacora was compelled to ask, "Other than burning you, I..." I can't think of anything else, was what Sacora had been planning to say. Were there other effects she was unaware of?

"Just stay...stay away from me. And don't even...even THINK about using those powers again!" He took a step back and his wings bristled in what looked like the moth fae equivalent to raised hackles.

"I don't know what experiences you've had at the hands of other fire mages," she then said, "but I'm not the sort to attack others randomly. Not all mages are the same. Surely that matters more than just possessing the power?" But she couldn't blame him. She guessed she would be wary also if she were near a mage who commanded an element that was especially deadly to her. She sighed. "Well, I can't say for sure that I'll ever stop using my magic. But it certainly wouldn't be to hurt innocent people."

She rolled up her sleeping bag and stuffed it into her pack, along with the rations and water...She stopped there, and took the rations back out. She laid the cloth bundle on the ground carefully, as she had done the previous night. "Since you don't take kindly to my presence, I suppose I have no choice but to leave. Here's some food, though...take care." She wanted to say something about him getting help for his arm, but that advice might be taken the wrong way with this boy. Stepping carefully away from the food, she turned around and continued on the path, leaving the moth boy behind her.

((Since the men of the village were debating a hunt, I was thinking Sacora could reach the village before dark, then overhear of it somehow and try to stop them?

Add: Or they could be going on the hunt while she's on the way and then she runs into them.))

visualspice

OOC: I was actually thinking the same thing XD

-------

Miersck only glared at her, and didn't bother to move until she was far out of his sight. But even then, he still felt anxious, and looked in every which direction before turning away from the rations she offered him. Though she was probably harmless, he wasn't about to take a risk. And he felt exhausted.

His eyes darted around the forest as she began to check to make sure no one else was around. His paranoia was so great, it took him over an hour before he felt even remotely secure. Then he tested his wings, wincing as he felt they were still tender, but used them none the less as he took off from the ground and landed in a near by old oak tree. He was high enough no one ought to have noticed him, and being completely exhausted, he sought to get some proper sleep.

But before he did so, he peered down at the darkness consuming his arm and frowned. At least the moon would no longer affect him- until well...
The next cycle. And at that thought, he shivered.

Pushing aside the thoughts with anger, he went about producing a ball of silk- a small cocoon for himself to sleep him high up in the tree. It helped blocked out the daylight, and felt warm and snug when he was inside. An unusual practice, but it was unique to his kind. And as he remained within it as it was hung between two branches of a tree, he felt the winds rock it, lulling him off into a nightmarish sleep.

Ahnnie

((Awesomeness  ;D
Also go ahead and NPC some of the villagers, although I think you already know that))

-------

With an ache in her conscience, Sacora finally reached a small town well before dusk was midway. The town was way off the course she had planned to take, so she was most definitely lost on that little episode with the moth boy the previous night. Had this been under different circumstances, she would've felt relieved to have found this town. But she was still worrying about the fae. Did he accept her food? Was his sickness--whatever it is--getting better, or worse? Would he end up dying despite her efforts, which she had to admit, were not that much?

These thoughts continued to assail her even after she found herself graciously welcomed by the townspeople. They seemed a little on edge about something when they discovered she had come in through the forest path, but were otherwise friendly and showed her to the only inn and tavern there was in the place.

She had money enough for them and bought a room and a meal for the night. Nursing a cup of watered wine by the inn's fire as she waited for her meal, she found her thoughts going back once again to the moth fae out in the forest. Darkness would once again claim the land, and it would be cold out there. How would he manage? She had no way of knowing that one of his innate abilities included the construction of a silk cocoon in which he could sleep in peace and warmth. After all, she was not in the forest, not there to see what he was doing.

The loud peal of a church bell or something similar sounded out in the town streets, jolting Sacora out of her reverie. She then heard something like a town crier shouting something, and the heavy creak of metal as the town gate was being sealed. She headed for the window closest to the commotion and witnessed the event for herself.

"To your doors, to your doors!" the town crier was saying. " 'Tis curfew, and no one is allowed outside till daybreak comes again! This is mandatory!"

Sacora frowned. A curfew? It was not strange for a town to have a curfew, but...why so early? It was barely dark. Well, growing dark, but still. The hour was much too soon for such a thing. When the gate was done being sealed and the town crier moving off to repeat his announcement in another part of the town, Sacora settled back into her seat, thinking, wondering. Within the inn, the proprietor was already locking up the doors, barring any exit--or entrance--to the place.

Come to think of it, she was probably the only customer here. Usually an establishment like this had quite a following when it was dark, but here, it was eerily silent and empty.

Her food was soon ready and she sat down at a table to eat it. Feeling unnerved by the silence, she asked the innkeep after a few bites, "It's not usual for an inn to be so empty at dark. Could it be that your regular customers are barred from coming here in the evenings?"

The innkeep looked uneasy as he wiped the counter and answered her from where he stood, "Aye, lass. Unfortunately so." He coughed once and added, "Ye must've heard the curfew announcement."

"Indeed...I did." She took a few more bites. "Why is there a curfew in place?"

The innkeeper stopped what he was doing and sighed. He looked at her, conflicted, as if he wasn't sure whether to tell her the truth or not. Eventually he did, in a pained voice. "Truth is, lass, that there's a monster out in them woods."

Sacora paused in her eating. A monster?

"Aye, a monster. It all started just a few days back, when old man Shep was out n' about with his wife...they took the cart n' went to the town next us...and when they came back, Shep was dead with a look of horror twisted on his face, rest his soul."

She was beginning to fear for the moth boy. "What...what happened to him? What did the monster do to him?"

"Ah, I'd fergotten. His wife says he touched it, the cursed thing. And that's all it took. He was soon screaming and hollering in such a way ye'd think the devil was torturing him. And then he fell to the ground in horrible fits. She got him up into the wagon n' drove him back as fast as she could, but alas, he was dead when he reached home."

A monster that was so deadly, it would kill you with just the slightest contact...Sacora felt horrified, her worry for the lonely moth fae increasing tenfold. She wished there was some way she could warn him, but the doors were locked and there was a curfew on the entire town. It would look mightily suspicious of her if she disregarded their efforts at keeping their town, and everyone in it, safe. She could, on the other hand, tell the innkeeper of the moth boy...surely they could send a guard or something like that to retrieve him? To at least bring him to a safe place?

No. That was stupid. Fae were rare to run into. She would be branded a madwoman the moment she said something of the sort to this man. Sacora clenched her fist as she realized the only way she could help Miersck was to warn him the next morning, after leaving town. As things stood, no one would believe her if she told them about him, and it was against the rules to leave at the moment. She had no choice but to wait.

She quickly finished up her meal in silence and thanked the innkeeper for his hospitality. He nodded in acknowledgement of her gratitude and continued working a bit below stairs as she went up to rest in her room. She washed her face, undressed, slipped into a more comfortable nightgown, and went to bed early. She just didn't fancy stretching time any longer, awake and worrying about the moth fae.

Sacora was unable to tell how long she'd been asleep when she heard voices outside her door. They were not unnecessarily loud, but they were awfully obstructive in the way of continuing her sleep. Her eyes fluttered open the moment she heard them, muttering warily, with light tsks if disapproval. She recognized the innkeeper's voice along with a stout middle-aged woman's, probably his wife.

"...if they keep at it..."

"...but once and for all..."

"...thank Kia it took no other victims."

Sacora rose from her bed warily, her interest piqued at no other victims. They must have meant the monster. But she also liked to know why they were out and about near her room so late. She walked barefoot to the door and opened it a crack, revealing the forms of the innkeeper and a stout middle-aged woman as she'd guessed standing before the window at the end of the hall, which was just outside her room, in their nightclothes.

"Ah," the innkeeper said, flushing with embarrassment. "We're sorry lass. Didn't mean to wake ye."

"Did we bother you?" the woman asked her, concernedly.

"No," Sacora responded, then exited the room and looked out the window with them. The streets were dark, but for a crowd of men clamoring below with torches and all manners of tools that could be used as blunt force weapons or things to impale with. Frowning, she said, "I thought there was a curfew?"

"Aye, but there's been talk of a hunt fer the monster a while now," the innkeeper explained. "Everyone's been itchin' to get it over with so there's none else claimed by the beast. The men in particular have been very anxious...seems they're caving in, tonight."

"Will the guards let them?" Sacora wondered aloud.

"As you can see, they're getting ready to open the gate," the woman pointed out, guiding Sacora's eyes in the direction of the quickly moving group of torches heading for the gates.

Sacora frowned. Well, at least the monster would be taken care of...then again, they might not find it at all. Forests were excellent places to hide in. "Do they even know what the monster looks like, to try and hunt it down like that?"

"Why of course," the innkeeper said. "Shep's wife told everyone! She said not to be deceived. It's got the form of a boy, a winged boy...but just a touch'll do you in right quick, just like it had with Shep."

A boy, a winged boy.

A sense of dread fell over Sacora as surely as if the innkeeper had just spelled out her own doom.

Or rather, the moth boy's.

"No..." She ran down the stairs, much to the surprise of her hosts, regardless of the fact that she was leaving all her things up in her room, and running about barefoot in only a nightdress at that. She tried the front door of the inn--with no luck--and forced her way through a relatively easy back door in the kitchen instead. Her hosts were yelling and making a big commotion back inside the building, but she ignored them and ran all the way through the town, to the slowly opening gate and the eager group of armed men preparing for a hunt. She had to warn the moth boy...to get him out of danger...anything but let him be hunted!

"Stop!" she was calling out to the people. They barely noticed her, caught up as they were in their own reverie. "Stop, you're making a big mistake! The boy does not need to be hunted--he needs to be helped!"

Some people heard her and the news of what she'd said spread through their group like wildfire. The men paused a moment to regard her; in confusion, in awe, in suspicion, in growing rage. If she could stop the hunt before it even started, all the better...if not...well, she still remembered the path back to that dry forest clearing. Hopefully the moth boy wouldn't be there. She could only pray.

visualspice

Naturally, one girl could not stop a mass of angry men. Mob mentality ruled, and they were quick to shout for the guards.
"Quick! Take her and get her out of here!"

"Do you hear her speak? Trying to defend the beast!"

"If you had seen it, you're lucky to be alive!"

"Unless he tried to deceive you to to get to us to lower our guard!" The man growled. "Come on men!" He gestured for them to follow. "We've got a monster to catch!"

ANd into the night they went, their torch lights bobbing in a wild path as they went. Though if they were aiming to scare the monster- they might succeed, or at least succeed in warning it of their approach!

Except well... Even though it was night- the moth boy was still asleep! And thought he noises echoed through the valley, he continued to snore within the confines of his little woven cocoon.

Ahnnie

Of course, Sacora's plea went nowhere with these men. They immediately rejected any notion of helping the injured moth fae, becoming bent on his destruction instead; perhaps even more so than they had moments before. They shouted for the guards and made all sorts of remonstrations that supported their thirst for revenge.

"Do you hear her speak? Trying to defend the beast!"

"If you had seen it, you're lucky to be alive!"

"Unless he tried to decieve you to get us to lower our guard...Come on men! We've got a monster to catch!" With those words, the men carried out their stalwart march, believing theirs to be a mission to further protect their town.

He's not a beast...She commended them for their fierce protectiveness, but if only they stopped to think! If only they didn't just jump to conclusions--

Sacora let out a startled exclamation as a guard roughly grabbed her by the wrist. "I'm sorry ma'am, but we can't let you cause any more trouble. You're coming with us. Besides, you seem to know quite a bit about this monster..."

She erupted a burst of fire from her hand that caught the man off guard (pun not intended). "Whoa!" he exclaimed as he jumped back to avoid being burned. Once he regained his composure, he called for a few friends to come to his aid, but by then Sacora was already slipping in between the mass of men out past the gate. She quickly slipped out from between them and into the dark woods, staying beside the path but not so close that she'd be detected. If she ran, she could possibly make it faster than they would. She was only one person, after all; they were a large group of men. However, they must've been alerted to her escape by now, so it was not without its own dangers.

It was here that the predicament of being barefoot became more apparent...she tried to shake that thought away as she continued running in the darkness. A fireball to light the way was not an option here, for they'd spot her soon enough running ahead of them.

She collapsed into the clearing breathlessly after having broken through the bushes and brambles and undergrowth to come back up on the path she had taken the day before. It took her almost half a day to reach the town yesterday--she had a considerable break by the roadside for her lunch and some time to think, which added to that--so, by running, she'd gotten at least a head start which meant she was dashing ahead of the mob for...well...she'd lost track.

It felt like a long time in her panicked state, and she was always casting glances behind her back to track the progress of the mob. They were easy to spot, what with all their torches and loud voices. She took breaks when she could afford to, and was quickly up again when she believed she could hear their shouts coming from around the bend.

But she was finally here, and there was no time to lose. Struggling to her aching feet, she called out whilst catching her breath: "Moth boy...where are you? You have to...to flee...! Those men are coming--they want to kill you!" Her feet stepped on something and she took a sharp step back. It was her little cloth-bag of rations, stained a bit with her feet's blood, and for the most part torn and ravaged by what looked like the marks of little forest animals.

Maybe she didn't have to say this, though. Maybe he was already gone, somewhere safe. She didn't see him anywhere, and there was no indication of his presence...little did she know there was a cocoon up in the trees in which the moth boy slept, unaware of the danger.

visualspice

Miersck heard little of the shouting- and what he did hear from the girl made him softly groan as he turned over where he slept, but continued- but now he was snoring. It was a soft noise, and might have been easily drowned out by the echoing call of the men, and the hiss and chirp of the night animals.

But what DID wake him up was the sudden sensation that a fire was nearby- one at the ends of the men's torches, to be precise, as he grumbled groggily from inside his cocoon- but still didn't leave it- wondering what in the world could have roused him. And then realizing he was sensing fire, he grit his teeth. Was that fire girl back? He thought he told her to leave him alone! And with a growl, he peered out between the cocoon silks and sure enough, there she was.

Growling, he barked down at her, "Hey! I'm trying to sleep! I thought I told you I don't like-" But it was in the middle of his outburst that he realized-
she had no fire at all, and suddenly his face twisted in confusion. Did she have some sort of invisible fire to draw him out!?

Ahnnie

There was no sound in the clearing for a while but for her ragged breathing. Besides the distant noises of the slowly gathering mob, that is. It was still far, still a safe distance away if the moth fae wanted to get away from them. But as it had probably dawned on Sacora, maybe he wasn't here. Maybe he had left. Her main reason for worry though was his arm and wings--he didn't look as if he could go very far on his own, and therefore, would probably stick around the same area to rest up his injuries.

She contemplated turning back around or searching the surrounding area when the moth boy's voice rang out loud and clear from somewhere in the trees: "Hey! I'm trying to sleep! I thought I told you I don't like-"

As he paused, Sacora's head whipped up to see a sort of whitish, bubble thing in between the branches of a few trees. The crescent moon gave some if not a lot of light to detect it after hearing his voice. She realized it was a cocoon after some initial confusion. "Moth boy! You're still here? And now you're sleeping?" She shook her head. "Forget that--you've got to get out of here. There's a bunch of men from the town I was staying at...they say one of their people touched you some time ago and died from it, and now they believe you're a monster, and they're coming out with torches and pitchforks and all manner of tools-turned-weapons to come and kill you!" It came out in one big rush, although it was hopefully slow enough for him to comprehend. Her tone was desperate, and rightfully so.

visualspice

Such irritation! Such noise! The moth boy growled, his nose wrinkling as he moved about inside his cocoon.
"What are you spitting out acorns about? Can't you just leave me alone!? I was trying to sleep!" Never mind the warnings he did not hear, or the plea in her voice. He wasn't exactly a pleasant fae when he first awoke (or even when he was awake..), and he had just about enough of this area all together. He decidedly, inwardly, as he huffed and growled and tried to get back to sleep- that when he was done sleeping, he'd be rid of this place for good!

Ahnnie

Ugh. He was obstinate, even now! Sacora didn't know what to do at this time to convince him to flee. Pretending to attack him with fire might work, but she didn't want to risk hurting him...neither did she think he could get far without help...oh, it was just so hard to decide! She listened to the sounds of the forest and found the mob to be growing closer. "What is it that you have, anyway, that causes a person to die when they touch you?" she asked randomly, stalling for time in the wrong place. She just felt like she had to say something while she was gathering her options, and sating her curiosity seemed like one of the top things...although perhaps not very wise.

visualspice

All went quiet in the cocoon, the moth fae gone still. It took him a moment, but soon he popped his head out a.d growled.
"What did you just accuse me of?!"

Ahnnie

"Do you recall, several days ago, a man who touched you?" Sacora went on anyway. "He had a cart with him, and a wife...he started yelling in pain and convulsing..."

visualspice

Miersck paled, looking down at the young woman in shock before his face wrinkled sourly as he gestured towards her.
"Rotten acorns, can't you just leave me alone!?" he shouted, voice strained and shaking with anger. "If you want me gone of these woods, I will! But in my own time! Now leave me! GET!"

Ahnnie

"When he got back to his town, he died!" she yelled back. "And now, everyone there thinks you're a monster who cursed him! They want to kill you. They're going to do it tonight." The sounds of the mob were growing closer. Sacora could feel her heart race. "I didn't want to have to bother you again, but if it weren't for the danger, I wouldn't be out here in only my nightgown and...not...wearing any shoes." Heaving a sigh, she began to head back down the path to where the mob was. "They brought along lots of fire, by the way."