Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where the Wild Things Are

Started by visualspice, November 30, 2014, 05:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

After a moment, he snarled and poked his head back out from the cocoon.
"Why would you dress in such clothes?" he said, red faced. "And why didn't you tell me sooner a mob was out to kill me! Sweet rotting acorns, you're really dumb aren't you!" And he scrambled to get out of his cocoon, tripping on his way down and landing in a crumpled and painful heap. He ranted more about spoiled acorns and nuts than one could imagine before scrambling to his dashing the wrong way!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ahnnie

"Hey, I tried, but you wouldn't listen!" Her back was to him now as she was making her way down toward the mob. She had to stall them somehow, now that the moth boy knew what danger he was in. She could buy time for him to escape...

She heard a large thud and found him crumpled on the ground. Alarmed, she was about to head over to him when he started running down the wrong way!

"H-hey!" Sacora yelled after him, alarmed. She didn't want to have to, but she blocked his way with two outstretched arms, essentially letting him ram into her. "Where are you going? This way leads to the mob! I'm going down to them to stop them. You should run over there!" And she pointed in the opposite direction.

"And you shouldn't have interfered!"

Sacora yelped as a man with a dagger somehow emerged from the bushes and caught her wrist, pulling her backwards.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" the man smirked. "There he is--the monster." His eyes trained on Miersck with a cold, menacing glitter.

Sacora grimaced under the man's iron grip. "J-just run!" she stammered to the moth boy, before working her magic into the center of her palm for another fire blast.

visualspice

Miersck didn't even get a chance to retort when some crazy man came out of the bushes. Taken back, Miersck found himself bristled and growling through his teeth as he snapped out his wings and took flight. Before Sacora could get a chance to use her powers, his unmarked hand came down and he grabbed onto her wrist, yanking her off the ground and snarling, "Hold onto me but don't touch the black mark!" he barked, and growled as he tried to fly higher, but it was difficult. She weighed a ton! And not to mention his wings were barely even mended!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ahnnie

The moth fae started taking flight, as Sacora had hoped he would. But she came to find that it was not for the reason she had originally assumed. His hand came down roughly on her wrist, taking her off the ground with him. "Hold onto me but don't touch the black mark!" He then tried flying higher, although Sacora could see how it was straining him. The man below them started shouting and throwing things. Sticks, stones, his dagger...Sacora kicked one stone away before it could touch them and she was very grateful the dagger missed them by a long shot.

"Forgive me," she said, as she then got an idea to raise them a bit higher. At least enough for him to do what he wanted. She lowered her dangling feet and shot fire from them--the momentum would send them up a quite a bit, although after this she had no plan for keeping them airborne.

visualspice

Sensing the conjuring of fire, Miersck's breath caught in his throat.
"What are you doing!?" But it was too late, and the pair suddenly were propelled higher, his wings scraping off a nearby tree and nearly costing him his hold on her.

"Are you crazy!?" he shouted, feeling his grip on her sleep. "By the Great Oak Tree, I can't hold on!"

Ahnnie

"You don't have to!" As soon as she caught sight of a sturdy tree branch, she jumped off and clung to it. "Go on, save yourself!" She knew he couldn't have held onto her for long. She didn't want to burden him. "I'll find some way to deal with him...or them..." For the man was now joined by two others.

visualspice

When she jumped off, Miersck nearly crashed into a tree. He managed to get a hold of his balance and turned around, growling shrilly at the woman.
"What are you doing!? Are you crazy!? If those men are out for blood, who's to say they won't try to kill you?"

Ahnnie

Sacora shook her head. "I can manage. You should just try and go as far as you can...there'll be lots of fire, and that's not good for you, is it?" She hefted herself up so that she was standing on the branch. She clung to the trunk for support. "You've been through enough already," she said, glancing at his black mark and wings. "Find someplace safe and just...wait it out." A plan was somewhat formulating in her mind, although like she said, it'd be a fiery one. She'd considered pretending to kill Miersck to trick the men, but in their enraged state they might want to bring his body back to the town to burn or cut up into pieces, or whatever sick intention they had.

If she wanted to use a decoy, well, there wasn't much she could do in the way of imitating his wings. So scaring the men into retreating was perhaps one of the only other options she had. Scare them, and then just flee. She thought about the things she was leaving behind in the town and decided to just sacrifice them. She could get newer things back home in Jadenshine. Just as long as she could somehow keep them from killing the moth fae.

visualspice

Miersck just stared at her as if she was crazy.
"What!?" He shook his head. "Why would you- you... you don't even know me! Why would you risk your life?"

Ahnnie

Ah, the age-old question of why anyone would risk their neck for someone they didn't even know. Sacora shrugged, opened her mouth to say something, shut it once she thought twice, and gave him a confused frown. "Well because...you need help and...I wouldn't be able live with myself if I knew they killed you and I did nothing to stop them." She peered down at the clearing and saw more men, bearing torches and bigger weapons, joining the three below them. "All right, you should go now--they're coming in bigger numbers." She held out a palm and gathered fire into her hand. "Here goes nothing." So saying, she drew her arm back and threw the fireball down at them as casually if she was chucking a stone or a pinecone.

visualspice

Miersck couldn't help but gape, and as the flame fell- nearly did he. He managed to catch himself at the last second, when the screams of the men below who barely avoided the fire sobered him.
"What do you plan to do? You've got no wings! You can't just fly!" Was she aiming to spend all day int he trees just pecking fire magics at the men? If anything, it seemed to be making them more angry!

Ahnnie

Sacora rolled her eyes. She should've expected that Miersck would argue with her. "I can get down this tree later--and haven't you heard of distractions?" The whole point was to direct the attention on her, angry or otherwise. "Besides, I don't recall you being so concerned for me earlier. Unless you have a better plan?" So maybe if he wouldn't go away if she asked him to, perhaps he would if she angered him. She didn't need to be reminded that her situation wasn't the best.

visualspice

"Better plan?" came his voice, shrilly. "What's a better plan than to run?"

Ahnnie

"Then why don't you do that? You can't take me with you, but you can certainly take yourself."

--

((what should we do? I'm a little blank in the head right now O.O. It feels like my mind went empty for a moment.))

visualspice

Miersck panicked. Yes, he was very well aware that he could escape, and should escape but something held him firmly in his spot.

"By the Great Acorn Tree, I really am cursed." And to the girl he growled, "Just stay here. I'll distract them. It's me they want!" And before she could protest, the moth fae dropped from the air, diving towards the men and landed just a few paces behind them.

"I'm the winged monster that you seek! You want me? Come and get me!" And he turned fast on his heels and took off, the woods soon becoming a blur on all sides around him as he heard the cry of men and the thunder of their feet as they began to make chase after him.

And all he could think about was 'What the hell am I doing!?' He must've gotten soft- or stupid, during his time here in the land of men. But one thing was for certain, he knew he couldn't live with the guilt of another person becoming harmed or killed because of him.

Ahnnie

"Distract? What? You? But you're--"

Before she could say anything further, he dove down into the clearing just a few paces behind the men! Sacora wanted to scream. He was the one they wanted! How could he just do that!? If she were gifted with the power of flight like he was, she would've come down and...well, stopped him somehow!

"I'm the winged monster that you seek!" he exclaimed. "You want me? Come and get me!" And then he dashed off, renewing the thrill of the chase for the angry men as they followed on his trail.

Sacora had to admit that he was fast, but would that be enough to outrun this mob? And by the gods--she was being useless here! She got down the tree as fast as her abilities and nightdress could allow and soon found her feet touching solid ground.

Retracing the path the moth fae took with her memory, she slipped into a part of the forest off the path, starting into a run again to be see if she could do a little something to trick the men into dashing the wrong way. She went ahead for sometime before she was sure she'd placed herself in the right area, with the mob's torchlight behind her, and threw a stone to the far left. It created a rustle that alerted the nearest man.

"Over there!" he cried, and led the chase in that direction.  She slipped quietly over there as well.

visualspice

The mob might have been fooled, but Miersck had excellent vision at night. When he realized what she was up to, he was quick to head her way. After a few boughts of flying (that thankfully no one had seen) he landed near her in a huff.
"What are you doing? Are you drinking swamp water or something? I told you I had this!" he hissed.

Ahnnie

She turned to him in surprise, stifling an exclamation. At his question, she said, "Well your idea gave me a better plan than the one I had before. Draw them far off your path, and then flee from the scene."

visualspice

Miersck growled.
"Foolish woman! " grabbing her.by the wrist, he pulled her along behind him. "Come on, we.can out run them this way!"

Ahnnie

She had not a chance to say anything in response to his insult when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her after him. Outrunning the mob didn't seem so bad either. "Ok then," she said, deciding to go along with it. She was kind of tired of contradicting the moth fae all the time.