Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sticky Situation!

Started by visualspice, December 29, 2014, 10:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Kitty !

The world outside his home was a dangerous place, and though he had been warned all of the years of his youth, the young moth fae hadn't a choice. He had to run- and run far, far far away from his home before the curse that was destroying it would consume him as well. But what mark was left behind charred his skin, and though he tried to ignore it by wrapping the dark, ash color behind a few hasty wraps, once the full moon was in bloom- the mark would remind him of his blight, and he'd be left screaming in agony before blacking out and waking up to an even greater curse.

This time when he awoke he awoke to the sounds of braying dogs. Somehow he had shackles on his hands, and confused, he scrambled to his feet, the chains rattling as he looked this way, then that. But one thing was clear through the fog that laced the forest- there were dogs hunting after something- and they were getting close.

Only seconds after he had gotten to his feet did he realize how light headed he was and nearly fell over, clutching a nearby tree for support. But the sudden howl of a hound that crested the hill behind him sent the hackles on the back o fhis neck to rise, and soon he was running for his life.
He nearly tripped over his own feet, which he cursed when he realized they were shackled too- limiting his ability to run as he was soon tripping over them and landing face first in the mud.

And he was seeing stars and eating mud- but the shock of the fall only lasted momentarily when the hound was upon him and bit viciously at his defending arm. Miersck let out a scream, kicking at the dog and did anything he could in hopes to get away from the attacking animal. But then a second one was upon him, biting into his wings and he felt one of them snap. The cry he made was soon accompanied by tears and his body was burning where the dogs had sunk in their teeth. And the only thing he could do was push away from them and try to run, hitting htem with his metal shackles- which made the hounds whimper and back away, if only for a second. But as the moth fae found some reprieve, the second he tried to scramble away, he slipped and began to tumble down a muddy hill side- and at the bottom, he groaned as he lifted his gaze to peer into the darkened mouth of an open cave.

The dogs, he could hear well above him, were soon running down the opposing sides of the hill so as to avoid falling intot he same fate as the moth fae they were hunting, and with a grunt, Miersck, the moth fae, pushed himself from the mud and stumbled into the cave, and just kept running, even in the darkness- where his eyes quickly adjusted.

But quick turns through the cave had him looking back, listening to the fading bray of the hounds before he suddenly turned around and found himself plunging head first into a wall of webbing.

Miersck grit his teeth as he felt himself pulla nd become more entangled in the massive net- and it didn't take a fool to realize just what sort of thing he got himself stuck within. Coming from a forest far ancient than those familiar to the world of men, there were spiders who made webs far greater than the size of this one-
But they were no less damning, and as he struggled, he cursed to the great oak tree, his chains rattling as they too, would soon become captured in this sticky, white web.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kitty

Archne's forest had been slowly withering away. Each year that passed there would be less and less food available for her to eat. In addition she hadn't seen any of her own kind in years and the loneliness was getting unbearable. Archne paced back and forth in her web riddled cave considering leaving this forest and finding a new one. "But its dangerous out there at least I know its safe here." Archne reasoned with herself. "Yea but the food keeps getting more and more scarce and I can't just eat humans more frequently. If I did that it would only be a matter of time before the village would hunt me down. Who's to say something worse than that awaits me in another land?" Archne continued to argue aloud with herself when she noticed one of the web threads move, which could only mean some unlucky soul tangled themselves in one of the webs that guard her many entrances.

Approaching the web containing her catch Archne noticed it was a human tangled up or and elf. She didn't know what it was not that it mattered. Archne was resentful of anyone who had a human like appearance. He seemed to have some wounds, that was no good. She couldn't have her future meal dying on her so soon. Archne used her dexterous legs to wrap him up in a cocoon from using surrounding web, she left his head exposed though. Why might one of her no existing friends ask, well because she was bored and this guy might entertain her. Anything was better than just pacing around asking what if all the time.

Carrying him deeper into the holding room as she called it, Archne attached the man upside down to the ceiling before resting nearby. "I'm doing you a favor you know? That little cocoon your in is going to keep you from losing a bunch of blood." Archne said while considering how to play with him. "In case your wondering I'm not going to eat you. I would have paralyzed you if I was going to do that. I already ate so I'm not going to need to eat for awhile. It gets boring around here so I've chosen you as my new pet. Tell me pet what is your name?" Archne asked. She of course was lying. She planned on eating him as soon as she got hungry again.

visualspice

Miersck didn't even get a chance to properly scream when the wicked spider woman was upon him, but his muffled cries of alarm eventually did croak out after he found himself nearly choked inside a sticky cocoon. The world was whirling after that- a bumpy ride as the drider dragged him deeper into her den then attached him to the ceiling.

His face would have remained pale were the blood not rushing to his head. And the fact he was able to move his neck around- a subtle plus to this other wise very scary situation. The second he caught sight of the spider lady talking to him, his face twisted in confusion.

"You expect me to believe that!?" he spat, and soon was wriggling around withint he confines of her well meshed cocoon. "Let me go, you rotten acorn breath of a spider! Let me go! I'm not your pet. I'm not anyone's pet!" And he grunted, still wriggling. "Now release me! I don't have time for your games!" And he certainly didn't want to become her dinner- considering he hardly trusted anyone that was a spider as far as he could throw them!

Ugh, the irony of this 'moth winged' fae being stuck in a spider web. The very thought soured him and his wings would have wilted, could he move them, But they were painfully suctioned against his back, bond easily by her threads.

Rotten acorns- what horrible luck!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kitty

It was clear to Archne she had made an excellent choice in choosing to keep his head exposed. He was amusing her to no end. "I don't think you've fully grasped the situation your in yet. Can't blame you for that though." She said approaching up to him again. She began gently pushing him with one of her legs causing him to sway back and forth. She repeated this rhythm as she spoke. "You are my pet now which means it doesn't really matter what you think. Its probably not a good idea to insult me either. You might end up convincing me to eat you. Now if you don't tell me your name I'll have to assign one to you and I'll probably just go with Moth."

visualspice

Miersck growled at her, and as he began to rock in his little cocoon, it only made him all the more volatile.
"What does it matter to you what my name is? You say you're not going to eat me, yet you'd keep me here as a toy? Rotting Acorns! I wasn't born yesterday! I know what your kind is all about! And most spiders like fresh meat!"

Kitty

"Your not very optimistic are you? Lets say for a second that I am in fact planning on eating you. What good is it to dwell on that, knowing your demise is imminent and that there is nothing you can do about it. Would it not be better to think that you will be spared and hope that you may one day escape. Now to be completely honest the only reason I want to know your name is because I'm board though it seems I'll have to settle with referring to you as Moth. As far as I know there aren't any of my kind left in this forest so as you might imagine conversation is hard to come by. So Moth why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?" Archne asked with genuine curiosity. Archne of course continued to rock him. She found his predicament amusing and therefore wasn't planning on stopping any time soon.

visualspice

Miersck was a stubborn one as he glared and bared his teeth at her.
"So I'm simply a convenient meal used for your amusement?" He struggled around, growing quite frustrated before he stopped, breathing heavily and glared at her.

Kitty

Archne was disappointed with Moth's response. "You were here for amusement but your not doing your job very well. Maybe you just need a day or two to think things over." With that Archne departed. She walked off to her own room to call it day. Hopefully tomorrow he would be more in the mood to talk. No sounds around you, nothing moving around, and most of all you stuck in place unable to move anything but your head. It would be enough for Archne to beg for death.

Archne just remembered she had been in a situation similar to his before. There were people talking in the distance though so gave her something to listen to. Then there was also that boy who made her stay there so much more bearable. He actually conversed with her like she was just another human, like she wasn't a monster at all. He eventually helped her escape and she never thought to ask his name. With that last thought Archne drifted into sweet sleep.

visualspice

Despite being able to see in the dark, the darkness was unnerving. Perhaps it was because it was too quiet, but he didn't get a wink of sleep, even if he had wanted to. Fear also drove him to stay awake, for fear the spider woman would.come back and try to eat him this time. He didn't trust her or her kind as far as he could throw them. Any creature that set such traps , to him, were like the devil themselves!

Kitty

Archne arose the next day or maybe it was night. Not easy to tell when you live in a dark den. Still not hungry and board out of her mind Archne just paced around and daydreamed about the good old days back when there were still her kind around to talk to. She also dreamt of the forest recovering to its former glory and things getting lively again in the area.

It was a few hours before she remembered she had some entertainment and future food wrapped up in storage. She practically shouted with joy with the realization that she wouldn't have to spend the rest of the day in board agony. Archne walked into the room her Moth was stored in and poked his cocoon with her leg to make sure he was awake. "You ready to entertain me with some decent conversation yet? I can wait for months you'll start talking your head off eventually. You might as well start now and ease your own suffering."

visualspice

Miersck bristled as he was tapped awake with the foot of the drider. His red eyes cut to her. If he was being grumpy before, he was always more so when he first awoke. ANd last night, he barely got a wink of sleep- though for all he knew, it was still night. Not that it mattered, he did prefer the dark with a flame to become attracted to...

But now was not the time to think of that! Baring his teeth at the spider, he struggled once again in his confining cocoon.
"I would be a better guest if I weren't tied up like some sort of prisoner,ready to be eaten!" he growled.

Kitty

"Well I'm sure you can understand I can't give my new pet a chance to escape not till hes trained. How about we make a deal? You must be very uncomfortable with all that blood rushing to your head. If you start talking I'll put you down on the ground upright. Just don't pass out on me." Archne asked really hoping he would accept. If all else failed she probably would let him go just for a little entertainment.

visualspice

Miersck grit his teeth, holding in a hot retort for all he was worth. He was actually going to untie him? Untying him meant a chance at an escape- and also,s he was right. His blood was really going to his head.

"It would make conversations a bit less predatory!" he snapped, which was the best he could do in a reply considering his predicament. But any other heated words he swallowed back still.
"Though I don't know what sort of things you'd even want me to say," he growled, adding that last bit in begrudgingly.

Kitty

Archne pulled the string that attached her Moth's cocoon to the ceiling and let him fall a foot before catching him in her feet. She then put him down on the ground against a wall so he stayed upright instead of falling to his side. "How about we start with your name?" Archne said crossing her arms under her breasts. "You've been avoiding telling me your name for awhile. After that you can tell me about yourself and where you come from. As you might have guessed I don't get out often so I don't know a whole lot about the world."

visualspice

Miersck felt his heart lurch into his throat as he fell, releasing a yelp once he was caught, then a soft, nearly inaudible hiss as he grit his teeth, realizing just how close he was.
"What? You're still going to ask me all of these questions without releasing me?" he said, looking quite indignant, despite her actually beginning to appear to 'warm up' to him.
"If you want to know my name, it's Miersck," he said through a sneer. "Though I won't tell you the rest until you get me out of this thing!" It made him feel like a sushi roll!

Kitty

Archne was happy to finally know his real name though she had grown attached to calling him Moth so she was planning on continuing to call him that. She glared at him making his demand. "Since when did the moth command the spider" She thought to herself. Still she was board out of her mind. "Fine but naughty pets who try to run away get punished for being disobedient." She said sternly before eating the webbing that held him so tightly so that she may reuse it in the future. In no time at all the moth was free from his restrictive cocoon. "You looked much better all wrapped up."

visualspice

Miersck, elated to be released, wilted a little at the sensation of finally being free. He had no feeling in his limbs, but as he wobbled before her, he began to feel the prickling sting of his blood flow returning back to his limbs.

But as his senses were coming back to him, he recalled just how she freed him-
eating the threads...
The very idea made him shiver. And it just reminded him how dangerous this situation really was.

So at her comment about escaping, he simply shot her a glare and tried not to fall over. Ugh, he hated this feeling, and his head was still spinning from being upside down.

"Yeah, of course I did to you," he sneered. "Much better as a snack roll, all wrapped up."

Kitty

"Well hopefully now that I've given you a bit of freedom you'll believe me when I say your my pet not my snack. So loosen up a bit and tell me your story." Archne said annoyed with his stubborn insistence to be difficult. Archne sat down by resting on her thorax and abdomen.

visualspice

"Loosen up?" he said, still bristling but when he tried to move a defiant step forward, he felt dizzy and just stopped there. "Being someone's pet isn't exactly my idea of a nectar feast! You might as well just call me your slave, considering that's what this is- and I really have no choice here!"

Even though he knew (somewhat..) that he should really keep his mouth shut, his pride was too great, or maybe it was just arrogance, as he cast the spider lady a tempered glare.

Kitty

"Come on be more optimistic. Make the most of what your given or your just going to be miserable. Besides pets are much funner than slaves both in practice and in title. You are right you don't have a choice but look on the bright side I'm not going to eat you. Though maybe you want to be eaten? Is that why your giving me so much trouble, because its working your getting on my nerves. You certainly are making yourself out to sound like a better snack than a pet." Archne said getting back up and ominously approaching the moth. Pinning him to the ground with her legs she extended the stinger out from her abdomen and made it hover right above him just a few inches a way from stabbing into his stomach. "So what'll it be, a snack to keep me going during these hard times or an obedient pet who does as hes told?"