Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tales From The Hip

Started by visualspice, April 11, 2015, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is open by requests! Post an inquiry here if you'd like to join so we can plot you in :D

The moon hung behind lengthy husks of cloud, which steamed up lethargically from the swamp. Ash grey grass lay withered beneath trees that stuck out of the dirt like skeleton bones, appearing as sharp cracks against what was visible of the night sky. And real bones littered the ground, hundreds of them for miles. So it was no surprise that another corpse lay among the field. But there was something different about this corpse, who lay there, with rotting flesh bound behind equally rotting fabric. And its hollowed eyes stared up into the night sky as if forever wondering just how it got here as it's place to rest and rot.

But soon the clouds became so robust the moon light was snuffed out, casting the world in pitch black. And those two hollowed eyes continued to look up into the world, until it's jaw dropped. Now those fleshy bones were screaming and gagging with shrieks of breath that terrified even the brave black birds and vultures that lingered so far into these wretched lands. It's fleshy fingers dug into the dirt, trembling and scraping as it tried to turn around, and once it was on it's side, the groans turn into something more like words, as a fleshy tongue became reborn behind its teeth. But  its breath was taken away once more, as on its side it laid curled, the painful recomposition of its lungs and innards blooming into life. And by the time the clouds drifted by, and the world glowed once again in the night's haze, there, on the ground, lay a woman- dressed in nothing but the dried, husks of rags that once bond her dead form.

And she shivered at the cold and pushed herself up, curly black hair falling onto her shoulders as it gleamed in the moonlight. Bright, jade eyes peered around too, her vision bleary at first, but soon she began to realize that was simply fog. And the place around her looked very, very odd, and not anything like her tomb. And it was then she realized, with a gasp, she was not laying within her sarcophagi. And no matter how she turned, how furiously she fanned her hands through the thick fog, she could see nothing but the bare earth and bones before her.

It was then fear made her heart drop as she lifted a hand to her trembling lips. And as her mind raced on what to do, she called off softly into the night, "Hello?"
But the only reply was the echoing of her own voice and the sway of tall, dead grasses far away.

She tried her luck again, speaking louder, "Hello?"
But the reply was the same, and as she began to look around and realize just what sort of horrid place she had awoken, she grit her teeth and forced herself to rise. But she remain hunched, uneasy as she tried to examine the land around her. ANd as her bare feet took a few steps across the cursed grounds, she winced when her leg sunk into a soggy spot.

Withdrawing that foot, she grit her teeth and backed up onto the dryer land. She peered around again, trying to see if it was obvious where this swampy lands began and where the dry one's ended. But the fog remain supreme and soon took over the moon, and the woman was cast once again into darkness.

Trembling, she found herself nearly whimpering as she breathed, and hesitantly, began to make her way through the shrouded darkness. Each foot step was careful, and as the dry earth scraped at her feet, she at least knew she was heading in the right direction. But once the clouds rolled past, it was too late, for her foot caught on a sharp rock and sent her sprawling forward, and soon she was face to face with that of the dead.

The skeleton looked back at her as she stared back at it, glistening in the hazy moonlight. And for the life of her, all she could do was scream. Scrambling to get up, the mossy tomb it lay before offered little help, as she struggled through the claw like bones that seemed to want to keep her down.

Finally on her feet, she was still brushing off dirt and bone debris from her clothing, or what was left of it as she felt some crumble away. But she was grateful to be off of the dirt, and happy the moon was back to guide her. So carefully she continued, careful to step over any and all dead things. Though when a slithering, black serpent hissed past her, she nearly fell over again.

Holding her breath until the thing had passed, she exhaled and looked around her again, and saw the looming form of vultures in the night. She couldn't help but think how peculiar that looked, and moved to step onward.

Before her stood a tree, with willowy limbs that blew in a subtle breeze. But as she approached, the air went still, the fog grew thicker, and the moon began to hide behind the clouds again. And all went dark.

It was also deathly silent here by the tree, and she could hear far too well her own quivering breaths. But after her eyes adjusted to the dark, she could make out the tree and moved towards it again. But she would never get there. For her next step would be her last on this cursed earth-
and soon she was screaming as she fell into the unseen crypt below.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Seussal often found peace in the crypts. Of course, he couldn't really stop kicking himself over that fact, but he did nevertheless. It was almost zen for him who had been denied death. All those around him, resting peacefully in their coffins and tombs, no doubt having the time of their eternal afterlives.

And he was stuck here. Bound to this earth by the woman he thought he loved. No, not a woman. She wasn't even a woman anymore...

And so he walked, not wanting to leave such a peaceful space. As he passed a gnarled coffin, he passed his armored fingers over it, leaving four clean trails across its surface.

He would've kept on walking, too, had he not been suddenly blindsided by a woman wearing some pretty flattering tattered strips. His surprise was made all the more deep due to the fact that he couldn't detect her coming, almost as if she wasn't truly alive!

He managed to throw an arm up in a haphazard attempt to catch her, but he lost his balance and pitched backwards, landing right on the edge of a small upwards step in the ground. A dry crack came from his waist as his fall was complete, and he hissed in pain.

And so they came to rest on the floor, mysterious woman right on his lap as he tried to return to his senses.

"Fuck...my hip..."

Rhindeer

"Hello? Is someone here?"

From the darkness of an adjoining room came a voice, quite and feminine and calm. Another person would have likely been screaming their head off in surprise at having a someone come crashing and yowling into a silent crypt--after all, it was spooky enough to just be there, not to mention being ambushed in one!--but Ngaire wasn't bothered at all, and her heart continued to beat just as steadily. She was only curious about her visitors, because she hadn't realized she wasn't alone.

And as much as she found solace among the dead, for reasons she didn't really understand, she was far more interested in the living. The living could talk, and the living had flesh.

Stepping out of the darkness of the room and into the main chamber where the two visitors were--equally dark, but for some reason she had always been able to see in it--Ngaire paused in the doorway and peered at them, her hands clasped before her. She wore an old, tattered dress, Serenian made and high-necked, though it was clear from her features and accent that she was Thanati.

A wrapped-up woman and a man in armor, and the man in armor seemed to be in pain. Stepping a little closer, she bowed to the pair, then asked, "May I be of assistance, sir and ma'am?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Pain was the only reminder to her that, despite her curse, she had some shreds of humanity to her. After all, did the dead feel pain? She could presume not, for when she was in her death cycle, she didn't regard a thing, and thus presumed resting in peace was resting at absolute peace. However, this was neither here nor there, for here she had fallen on something cold, metal, hard and not to mention, sharp. And where as the man that unceremoniously broke her fall groaned about his hip, she too was wincing. But her voice was lost for the briefest of moments as she struggled to regain her breath.

And when she was finally able to regard the man she had quite literally 'fallen into his arms' (or lap, as it were), she found herself simply gaping at his other worldly, blue eyes.
"Oh! I'm sorry!" she exclaimed, a hand over her lips. She felt so dreadfully embarrassed! "I hadn't meant to fall!" As most people tended not to do. "Are you hurt? Is there something I can do to help?" she inquired, feeling most dreadful as she managed the strength to lightly step off of him, but cringed as her decaying wraps crackled and crumbled away like fall leaves. And as the wraps began to loosen, and she felt more of the draft, crypt air, she was quick to move to herself in a way to try to keep herself modest. After all, she was a lady, even if a partially not quite so alive lady.

And despite the fact she had fallen on top of a 'living' being in the burial grounds here, it seemed what flustered her the most was her attire, and if the man she had fallen ontop of was okay. But before she got his answer, she heard a peculiar voice from down the hall and found herself turning to see a most peculiar woman simply standing there, staring at the pair of them. And in such a moment, she still had yet to collect herself, or she'd realize it was quite uncommon indeed not only to find one sentient being in such a crypt, but now she was being introduced to two of them!

"Assistance?" the woman found herself repeating. "Oh!" Her eyes lit up as she moved to stand, though was a bit shaky on her legs after the fall, and found herself stumbling forward and clutching onto the armored man's shoulder and, before she could really do much about it, probably giving the poor man a show. Though Essyrni by birth right, she had never been truly one to accept that aspect of her ancient culture, and her body, she was quite unsure and timid over, so when she had a better grip on her sense of balance, she attempted to adjust her meager scraps of 'clothing'- if the wraps could be called that before giving a sigh and raking her dark hair from her face. She looked over at the strange woman.

"It would be quite useful if you could tell me just exactly where I am. You see, I don't believe I'm meant to be here, and this whole situation is most inconvenient and confusing for me." Especially having to wake up from the dead to it!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Seussal was still pretty much in a half-daze when the second voice came in. He'd only just barely registered the apologies of the woman who knocked him over, and he was working on a response to it when he was thrown right back into confusion.

He looked around, and his arms instinctively reached out for something to help pull himself up. His hand ended up brushing against the upper leg of his accidental assailant, before it fell back down to his side. He made an effort to stand, but his legs weren't being responsive.

"Wh...Ah, fuck!"

He swore yet again, the glow of his blue eyes dancing about as he continued to survey his surroundings.

"You think it's inconvenient?" Seussal snapped, looking at the wrapped woman.

"My damn hip's broken, I think..."

visualspice

Though perhaps she should have been alarmed by his glowing eyes and grope to her leg, she reacted to his plight, instead, and gasped at the realization she had hurt him.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry!" She exclaimed, quick to stand as she bent over Seussal like a mother hen. "You say its your hip?" She inquired, inspecting his hip, but the armor was in the way. "Goodness.. would you like me to take a look?" Though she was unsure if she could even provide the poor man with much help!

Cambie

The dust was still settling from the crypt's collapsed roof when a scraping noise echoed from a dark cobweb-filled passageway further down from the impromptu gathering. Their fall into this abandoned crypt had echoed far into the depths of the catacombs, for the tunnels stretched deep like a maze and were inhabited by other things.

And at least one of those things came to investigate now.

The scraping grew louder, sounding like ponderous shuffling of rotted boots against a dusty stone floor. A soft gurgle echoed against the walls, and more shuffling until out of the shadows emerged a walking corpse. It halted in the doorway for a moment, dead eyes gazed at the gathered beings that now shared this lonely space with it. It might've looked like it was pondering -- if it wasn't so dead.

And then a second corpse stepped out of the shadows and beside the first, except this one was carrying a heavy looking Urn in its skeletal arms.

"WHO DARES DISTURB ME?!"
a deep ethereal voice echoed menacingly from the Urn, at the very same time that a softer female voice chimed in from the same place. "Oh, new friends!"

"Don't fucking interrupt me, I'm asking questions here!" came the first voice.

"Oh calm yourself you miserable old thing, there'll be plenty of time for questions later. Who do we have here?"

Ethereal-Star

To say Laetitia was frustrated would have been a grave understatement. She was beyond frustrated, becoming increasingly angry, her patience having run out some time ago. Searching for this legendary ring of power, this 'Eclipse of Night', was a daunting task. Of course, she knew it wasn't going to be that simple or even easy but this was bordering on ridiculous.

It was now the middle of the night, her search having begun at sundown after leaving her dark enclosed shelter while it was daylight out. And still the vampire had yet to find that accursed object. The ring was said to grant vampires the ability to be out during the day amid the sunlit hours just like a living person could do. It also gave immunity to holy magics, fire magics and light magics, therefore making any vampire who wore it even more of a force to be reckoned with. Almost unstoppable really. The only thing the ring did not grant immunity toward was life magics, but the already considerable boon it bestowed upon the wearer was more than enough for any ambitious vampire to be happy with. After all, walking in the sunlight was a feat very few if any, vampires could actually do. While Laetitia had heard of some with this ability, it was extremely rare for such a creature to be able to defy the sun and be like one of the living. It almost made Laetitia wonder if they were truly a vampire or some strange half-breed of one. But no matter. The ring was here somewhere in the Fell and she would be the one to wear it and access its protective powers. And then nothing could stop her.

The vampiress smiled darkly, a wicked grin which showed off her gleaming white fangs as she thought of the power and fear she would have at her fingertips, even more than before. As a vampire, she was limited like most vampires were to the dark of night, the thick cover of blackness when the accursed glowing ball of light was no longer shining its rays of burning death. With the ring, she would no longer be hindered by such anymore. Oh, the terror she could wreak in the hearts of men and other species alike! It was a glorious thought and one she readily allowed herself to daydream over, imagining herself as a truly powerful being of not only the night but also the day as well. That was if she could actually find it. Not to mention the other hurdles she had to overcome. Laetitia would drain those problems of life when she came to them and not before.

True, she had given some thought on how to bypass the guardian but it was mere speculations at best. So far, no vampire had been able to thus far or deemed it a foolish notion to begin with. Some even believed the ring to be naught but a myth, only an outrageous tale boasted about to raise false hopes in these undead. However Laetitia had reason to believe it was all true. Now that she was here though, she was once again reminded of the absurdity of locating the item of power. But no, that wouldn't stop her. She would press on regardless.

Walking through a crumbling graveyard, the stench of death all around her, Laetitia carried with her her two magic short swords, Dirge and Enervation unsheathed and ready at her side. The weapons were not often needed, as she was a good enough weapon herself without them. But for the purposes of this guardian spirit of light, the weapons would be absolutely critical to the success of her mission. Draining strength and constitution alike from many a foe, they were extremely useful for fighting when her fangs, strength and speed alone weren't enough. As was the case with a being who supposedly guarded the ring she sought. Perceptive gaze pierced the night, keen hearing picking up the sound of insects moving about, crickets chirping and a lone bird that flew overhead, black wings outstretched in a dance of freedom as it soared through the cloud covered night.

A nearby crypt caught her attention then and she headed towards it. It could be there, she thought and so headed on over to the thick metal door and pried it open with minimal effort, screeching a loud noise as it finally gave way. Obviously the door wasn't used very much. Whether or not it had another entrance, Laetitia didn't know nor did she even care. Venturing into the dark depths, she went on in search for her prized ring and its despicable guardian. The stench of death was much stronger here and really it was a crypt so that was not surprising at all. The scents of formaldehyde also tickled her nose as she walked further in.

Soon, she could hear the faint sounds of talking and footsteps clanking on the ground someplace else in the crypt interior. The vampire thought this interesting for few would inhabit a crypt besides the silent dead it harbored within many a sarcophagi. Walking quietly onward, she held her weapons at the ready, trying to pinpoint where the talking was coming from. There. A door up ahead.

And so the black-haired beauty of the night went up to the door and listened in to see what else she could hear from behind its thickness before she would go on in. She needed to know who, or what, was in there before charging in like a fool. Turning her ear towards the gray and dust-covered door, the vampire listened in.

Rhindeer

A broken hip? Ngaire eyed the armored man and wrapped woman curiously as they fumbled together--but before she could say another word, a shuffling of boots caught her ear. Maybe those two didn't hear it, distracted as they were, but Ngaire's senses were unusually sharp, and she looked just in time to witness two corpses amble out.

A normal person would have probably screamed their head off. Ngaire just blinked at them. They were walking, but they were very much dead. There was no blood rushing through their veins, no pulsing of heart or other organs--and the stench wafting from them could choke a horse. They were talking, though, without moving their mouths--oh.

No, it wasn't them that was talking.

"Such impolite language," she murmured, though she didn't seem actually bothered or shocked. She had just been taught that such language was impolite, and that she should disapprove. And so she did, or at least mimicked disapproval. The woman's voice was far more agreeable.

She bowed low from the waist, and straightened again. "It was not my intent to disturb anyone. I apologize deeply for the inconvenience, sir--" She paused, a flicker of uncertainty crossing her face as she looked at urn. There were two different voices, but one vessel. Did she address both, or the one she had offended? Did it matter if both came from the same place? There was no body; did the same pronouns apply?

Oh, she didn't like that. She didn't like not knowing the rules.

"How may I call you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Normally, Seussal was a pretty calm-headed guy. Not many things could completely confuse him or leave him struggling for answers.

Still, as he laid there with this pretty much unclothed woman pressing up to him like a worried mother, another woman coming seemingly out of nowhere to ask what was going on, and now a talking urn being carried by two skeletons, he was at a complete loss.

"Whuh... I..."

He rested his head back, not even wanting to comprehend what was happening. He looked at the woman offering him help, and just sort of nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead, I..."

He looked back over to the developing situation.

"The hell's going on?"

Rhindeer

Ngaire looked over to the armored man and stated plainly, "We have guests."

visualspice

Averella was quick to her knees before the man, inspecting the hip with an "Oh my." From what she could see, the poor thing appeared about ready to pop out from his body, but at the mention of guests, she found herself repeating, "Guests?" And was quick to turn her way.

She blinked at the urn and it's sentries, not exactly sure what to make of the situation. In fact, she had no idea the urn was talking at all as her brows raised as she looked at the pair of skeleton's.

"Oh dear... have I disturbed more undead?" Because from all she could deduce, this party, more or less, started when she fell down into the crypt.

Ethereal-Star

The black-haired vampiress continued to listen quietly as the voices behind the door talked. From what she could hear (and her hearing was very sharp, mind you), there were two females and one male, the male apparently having fallen and broken his hip somehow. The slight clanking of armor followed by the male voice speaking told her that the man was likely the one wearing the armor, of which she made a mental note of.

There was also the soft shuffling sound of two pairs of booted feet, but Laetitia at first couldn't tell who they belonged to, if they belonged to the women she was hearing or something else. However as she listened more closely, the shuffling was coming from further away than the female voices. Which meant there were at least five others in the vicinity besides her. The vampire decided the best course of action was to stay where she was, and see what else she could find out. As well as what manner of beings she was eavesdropping on.

Just then, one of the females stated "We have guests." And Laetitia idly wondered if the voice was talking about her and if she had been detected. Still she waited and listened some more...

DaGlobster

"Okay, all of you, just..."

Seussal's eyes glowed brighter, and he tried to exert control over the undead around him, hoping he could use it to just get some damn peace. His will was powerful, but it could only feasibly affect Ngaire, and maybe the urn's escorts.

"Of all the nights something like this could happen, it has to be this one."

Cambie

"Hey!"
"Hey!"

The two voices simultaneously echoed from the urn as its escorts halted and spasmed, control over their wasted bodies being fought over by competing wills. The urn trembled and rattled as the one skeleton tried to turn away --- then started to step toward the fallen Seussal --

And then both corpses crumbled to dust.

The urn fell to the stone ground with a loud clang, rolling to a stop at the door separating the ragtag group from the vampires hidden behind it.

"Oh bother!"   "You peasants! Someone pick us up now!"

Rhindeer

It definitely worked on Ngaire, who froze up in surprise--

And instantly quieted, even as she walked toward Seussal as something deep inside her drew her to him.

visualspice

Startled when the urn smashed, the woman tried to cling to Seussal but ended up stumbling into the wall as she watched the struggle unfold.
"Oh... Goodness!" And at the demanding cry for help, she dropped to her knees and scooped up the urn.

Ethereal-Star

As Laetitia listened in, there appeared to be no mention of the item she sought. But what she did hear was rather interesting. One of the women had asked if she had disturbed more undead, before a surge of energy emerged, that of rotting bones and the grave itself, even penetrating through the metal door in which the vampiress hid behind. But of course, Laetitia was immune to such mental persuasions and meager attempts at mind control for she was a powerful creature of the night. No one commanded her, she commanded them. Either that or she was busy feasting on their life blood, reveling in the fear she induced upon their pathetic selves. But in the case of other undead, the rules were different obviously, seeing as they had no blood to drink of and even if they did, it would probably taste rather disgusting.

Interrupted from any further musings, there resounded a loud crash followed by angry voices, two different ones, one demanding male voice, and the other a more subservient female voice. If Laetitia had to guess, the object which had crashed right near the door she was next to was most likely an urn. But not an normal one, seeing as most urns did not talk. The woman who had spoken earlier went to go scoop up the urn, as the vampire heard the sounds of it being picked up shortly afterward.

Just then, the scraping noise of a sarcophagus lid was then heard before a shambling mummy wrapped in putrid bandages ambled out, its hideous features of rotted flesh, bone and sinew barely covered by the rapidly decaying cloth over its head, due to many years of decay and decomposition. It saw her and slowly made its way over to her, letting out strangled words of "Gahhhhh, intruder...." as though its vocal cords were not fully there anymore, which they probably weren't.

Laetitia wasted no time, and lunged at the foul-smelling corpse, cleanly decapitating its head right off its shoulders with her main weapon 'Dirge', quickly followed up by her off-hand weapon 'Enervation' which plunged straight into where its heart should be. That, and not the first attack was what made it drop to the ground, once again lifeless. Whether or not it would rise again the vampire cared not, as she didn't plan to be here when or if it did anyway.

Of course, that recent scuffle would surely have been heard from those she had been eavesdropping on... Gray cold eyes glanced at the door briefly to see if it would bang open then.

Cambie

As soon as the urn was picked up, a dual surge of energy emanated from it and twirled around the woman. A dark nefarious energy and a more gentle aura competed for her attention and attemped to bond to her.

In the end, the gentler energy seemed to win out, bathing the woman in its soft blanket while the negative energy seemed to dissipate away in frustration.

"Why you are so kind, dear! What is your name?"

The other voice, having lost out to its more benevolent counterpart, instead resorted to sneering, "There are more behind that door. Come out come out, whoever you are!"

visualspice

She was so skittish that when the urn began to ooze a presence around her, she nearly dropped him!

"Oh, I uh... Averella,"s he stuttered. "BUt I... I'm afraid I don't know anyone here. Or where here is or..."
But the urn's more sinister voice mentioning they had more friends to meet made her tense and hang back, her shoulder bumping into Suessal as she neared him, for protection!