Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Identity Crisis. [Spice!]

Started by Draconian, April 22, 2015, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

With trembling hands he pressed his hands to his face and took a deep breath before he took his hands and gently placed them on her shoulders.

"Card Trick? Please say something."

visualspice

"Th-th-th-th- That man..... Who are you? And what happened to him?"
It was about all she could spit out while remaining in shock, tensing at his touch and being so close to someone that more or less scared the crap out of her now while saving her life. The only problem with that was...
She really didn't know him that well, and how and why and WHAT just happened!?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

How could he tell her who that man was without telling her what the tattoos meant? Yuuki let his hands drop down to his sides and he just stared at the ground. Did she deserve these answers? Yes. she almost died.

"I'm from the Moraki desert. There are a few tribes. The tattoos are the way of punishing criminals before they're exiled." Yuuki swallowed thickly and looked off to the side and down. "My name is Yuuki. His tattoos. They're exactly like mine and I know what they mean. I... I got so angry." He shook his head, still not quite understanding what he was doing with himself at this moment.

"He's dead." Yuuki closed his eyes for a moment, "I dumped him off a cliff. I wasn't thinking. I was just angry. I'll understand if you want me to leave, I don't want to frighten you anymore than I already have." He knew he'd feel like a bag of rocks tomorrow. Maybe not even get out of bed. It'd be nice.

visualspice

It was so much to take in, but even through her fear, she could see in the way he acted, and had treated her before, that he wasn't lying to her. So a criminal? She could guess there was an endless list to the man he had just killed, but Yuuki?

She could only find herself responding to one pounding thought in her head.

"What crime... did you commit?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Her question made his chest ache and he squeezed his eyes shut further.

"I didn't do anything." He pressed a fist to his face and took a deep breath, remembering his mother. His brother. The family he had. He'd probably have a normal life, wouldn't hate mirrors. A wife and child. That was a different life though, one he wasn't going to get.

"I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was the only possible culprit and they had to punish somebody." Yuuki ran his fingers over his cheek, feeling the skin. Knowing what they looked like though he'd avoided looking at them for ages. "These tattoos are for rapists and murderers. But I swear on every god in the sky that despite these tattoos I'm innocent of those crimes." Yuuki paused for a moment and then looked over his shoulder. Sort of. Previously.

visualspice

Murder? A rapist?

Despite not knowing him for that long, even that was a stretch to her. But as the reality of just what he was saying sunk in, that he was punished for being in the wrong place at the wrong time....

"Gods..."

His life must've been ruined.

"I..."
But what could she say? Her own eyes were wavering, as if threatening with tears to join his.
Damn.. no she did have tears and they were now rolling down her cheeks. She hated feeling so vulnerable like this, but she also hated to see this man in distress.

She could only imagine the shame he had to go through, and the pain of obtaining that shame in a situation he couldn't escape. Her own stomach dropped. It mirrored hers.... her life, at least, a little.  Here at the Peach? She really had no other fate but here.

She swallowed the knot in her throat and hesitated to take a step near him and found one shakey hand lifting, and resting on his arm.

"We... we shouldn't linger."
Even if she felt her body would no longer be able to move. She felt too heavy, too cemented in place.  The spectacle would surely draw attention, and neither of them could afford a run in with the guards.

Draconian

Yuuki hadn't realized how scared he was of this girl rejecting him simply because she knew about his tattoos until she'd suggested they leave. That sounded like non-rejection to him and he didn't hesitate to take her hand in his when he felt it on his arm.

"The rain will wash it again," He nodded towards the blood on the ground, barely there now in the rain. Though he was now soaked to the bone and his knuckles were still red. Hurt like a bitch, too. "Remember how I said I want to get drunk?" Yuuki took a breath, "Still do. Care to join me?"

visualspice

As much as that sounded tempting, she knew she couldn't go.

"I.... I can't."
Gods,s he wished her voice could sound brave. She was positively trembling.
"I... I'm not even supposed to be here..."

And her eyes went to the fading blood.

Draconian

Confused was a good word for this.

"Not even supposed...?" He frowned, how young was she? Were her parents going to scold her for being out here? Well, if he had a kid, he sure as hell would scold them for endangering themselves. Yuuki pushed a hand through his hair, his hands shaking slightly from the adrenaline.

"Where did the girl go that attacked me, huh?" Yuuki tilted his head, "You were so ready to get the bad guy but the bad guy's been got and now you're shaking like a leaf. It was either you or that thing. You're alive." Yuuki shook his head, "You need to remember that. Despite everything that's happened to you, you're alive now." He frowned, "Unless."

"Ha... have you never seen ... " He looked over his shoulder, "Maybe..." Yuuki licked his lips, "Maybe you should go home... Get some sleep, you can pretend this never happened."

visualspice

Out of instinct, she punched his shoulder- hard.
"Stop treating me like a kid! I just said it ain't a good idea, and it ain't! Not dressed how I am, and not at this hour. Besides.."
She cringed but stopped herself short. No, no. She wasn't about to go tell this man she was a whore.

Even if he had saved her life...
and he was right on some accounts...

She could only be Card Trick for him, and nothing else. And well... after today? They'd part ways and likely never see each other again.

Draconian

Yuuki allowed her punch to move his shoulder and he just gave her a look. "The fuck! You are a kid! You're prancing around in a fucking costume hunting people down." Yuuki backed up, his hands up before he just let them drop down to his sides.

"You want to be taken seriously, go sign up to be a guard or some sort of law enforcement." He shook his head and pushed his hands through his hair, not enjoying the situation. "Doing this will get you killed, you blew yourself up and you almost died."

visualspice

Card Trick grit her teeth. He had no idea the complications of her life!
"As if I could just do that. And there's a reason I'm dressed like this!"
She thought that much was obvious!

Draconian

He clenched his teeth and took a breath, kicking at a puddle of water for good measure. Kids were frustrating. So stubborn.
"Fine. I don't know you and you know more than enough about me." He held his hands out, "I apologize. Just... Go home before you get hurt more."

visualspice

His words stung a lot more than he probably realized, and she hated herself for feeling the threatening burn of tears in her eyes. So she just glared at his hand before turning away, and stormed down the street without even looking back.

She couldn't anyway. She had to focus on her anger, or she really would cry.

Draconian

Yuuki stood, rooted to his spot while he watched her leave. Man, he felt like an asshole. It was good though. Sometimes someone had to be an asshole. Maybe that girl would ... Practice more or... Get her act together and... Yuuki sighed and pushed his hands through his now wet hair before he pressed his hand to his side, pulling it away to see blood. Awww, shit. He'd forgotten about that. Typical Yuuki.

Taking a deep breath he decided that maybe walking home wasn't a good idea, he didn't want to land on his face. Instead he sat with his back against a wall and he drifted away with his eyes closed. He whispered the girls weird name in a quiet exhale, not sure if it was a cry for help or what either way, it was too quiet and too soft. Yuuki wasn't sure if he passed out from lack of blood or what, either way, eventually everything was dark and blissful and he didn't have to feel like an asshole anymore. Bonus!

visualspice

Unfortunately, Card Trick was out of ear shot. However, due to her absence, another one did hear him, as Lady Night stepped into the alley way. The chaos had drawn her this way, and she feared she might be too late to get to Card Trick, but after hearing someone whisper her name, she rushed around the bend and was startled to see a man who looked as if he were bleeding to death.

"Shit."

This was not what she was hoping to find! But she wasn't heartless, nor weak,a nd cursed herself every step of the way as she dragged Yuuki to her room- and while she tended to his wounds, she also, on the other hand, tied him to a chair in case he was some sort of a villian- considering she couldn't ask Card Trick yet..
She hadn't returned. Which worried Starlight greatly as she paced near her door, wishing she could go check on her like she wanted, but knowing full well she couldn't leave this stranger in her room all alone. There would be too many questions asked...

And she wanted to be the one doing the questioning!

OOC: Hope it's okay I had Starlight find him~

Draconian

Yuuki woke to a pounding headache and his neck hurting like a bitch. Not only that but he felt like he'd been stabbed. Grimacing he opened his eyes slightly and looked down at himself. Well, at least he knew why he felt like he'd been stabbed. Ouch. Poor guy.

Oh, that was him.

Finally his brilliant blue eyes opened and he blinked slowly and looked around. His face was puffy from sleeping with his head down, his black hair stuck up at odd angles. Clearing his throat he took in his surroundings.

And was extremely confused.

"Uh...." Yuuki cleared his throat again, "Hello? Did I... Did I pay for this?" He was died up, and maybe bloodloss Yuuki was like drunk Yuuki and he decided to do some really weird shit. It was a thing that could happen.

visualspice

Starlight whirled around upon hearing the man's voice. And at his question, she gave a wary smirk and said, "No, but if you're smart, you'll answer my questions. About... Card Trick, what do you know about her and why were you calling her name just before I found you, passed out? You were bleeding all over the place." And she gestured to her patch job on his body. "But I took care of that. But I didn't help you for free. Granted, I could have dumped you off elsewhere for someone to mend your wounds, but my friend.... Card Trick, she hasn't come home yet and I can't help but wonder if you're to blame..."

She folded her arms across her chest and cut him a look.
"So start talking, sugar, because my patience is already thinned."

Draconian

"Gods." Yuuki groaned, a pained expression on his face. He felt like he'd just woken up from an awful drinking binge and on top of that he was in some strange woman's room and hadn't gotten laid. Bad night all around.  "There was a guy." Yuuki frowned at her, giving her a sideways look.

Was this woman really a friend of that girl? Maybe this was a ploy. Maybe she thought Yuuki was part of Card Trick's little gang and was trying to get information about the girl out of him. Man, tough cookies for this chick, he didn't know anything. "There was a guy," He repeated, licking his lips, "Looked a lot like me. Tanned, tattoos." The exact same tattoos, but she didn't need to know that, "She attacked me thinking I was him and he hit her with a dart and I tried to walk her home but she said nooooo and kept going on her way and then he attacked her " He took a breath," so I punched his face into pulp and," Oh, that's why he felt like two barrels of whiskey deep into the night, "threw him off a cliff and then we exchanged some words she didn't like and I guess I got hurt 'cause I was passing out and that's the last I saw of her." Yuuki took a big breath and looked at the woman, hoping that was enough talking.

visualspice

Starlight just stared. A part of her lips might have smiled, but it wasn't necessarily a happy one.
"I'd say you're bull shitting me but that sounds like the sort of crazy Candy gets into."
And she went quiet.
Shit.
She didn't meant to call her Candy..
Then again, how much did this man know about 'Card Trick'?