Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Stinky Cheese Man

Started by visualspice, March 29, 2016, 03:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @DragonSong !

The underbelly of Uthlyn was something unspeakable and grim, but the wealthier Connlaothians of the city could not be bothered with those who were barely making means to live. Infact, they rather preferred not to know where the beggars lived, or the swindlers did their swindling, and the less savory whores took up favors. All of this and a bed of dead roses Jack and Fiona would pass as they moved along two floors beneath the city, and creeping ever closer to the sewers.

A few vents they passed omitted rather unpleasant odors, like rotting cheese (or perhaps worse). There were also a lot of sickly people coughing around, the ground smelling like some sort of mixture of vomit and piss. And there was a lot of shifty eyed men and many missing limbs, and even on one occasion, they passed by a man who only had his left arm that remained. And he kept a small rusted bowl infront of him where two meager half-coppers rested, but nothing more.

Jack, sensing his companion was staring, grabbed Fiona's hand and pulled her along.
"Come on. It's best not to stare. Geeze, and I thought your mother would have at least taught you that."
They rounded a bend and Jack moved to crack his neck, then gestured for Fiona to stop.

"Look, just stay right here. I'm gonna make sure my place is still in tact and no squatters took over, okay?" And he sighed and moved forward, towards a tattered roofed tent and flung the sheet open. And there squawked something with large, bugging eyes and was wearing a lot of rotting metals.

"Who are you? You're in my home! No one comes to Seldon's home!" the rat-like looking man spat out, ruffling up and growing defensive as Jack sighed and grabbed a hold of the tresspasser and growled, "You're trespassing in my house, got it? Or I'll show you why they call me Jack-in-the-Box," he went on with a cracking roll of his shoulders.

It was enough to make the ratty man piss himself as he dropped to the ground.
"Please! Do not hurt me! This home was mine and vacant for many days! It is all that I have!"

Jack grimaced and yanked the man off the ground by the scruff of his shirt.

"Looky here, pal..." And just as he was about to wail in on him with a plethora of insults, he paused a moment and grimaced. "Gods.. you're the Cheese Man!"

And unceremoniously, and without delay, Jack flung the man clean out of his house and began to clamor through it, groaning as he ran into pot after pot of moldy cheese. It was on the floor, in all the pots, drawers... there was even a large pile of it under his bed sheets! And just as Jack was going around to seek out all the smelly cheese, the 'Cheese Man' snuck back inside, and began to gather up all the cheese he could before Jack took notice and screamed,

"HEY! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT! NOW SCRAM BEFORE I GET REALLY MAD!"

And at such a threat, the man took what cheese he had...
and fled. But not before stopping a moment to yank the cheese near Fiona's feet, giving her a strange look, before he heard Jack growl another warning and he yelped and disappeared into the dark.

"Gods...!" Jack groaned, continuing to look around at his home. "This place reeks of old cheese and... oh Gods.. what did I just step in? Are these anamus beans!? UGH!" And he hopped along on one foot until he fetched up a towel and began to clean off his boot.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Hey, wait-" Fiona sighed as, once again, Jack seemed determined to ignore her. Some commotion emanated from the house- well, if it could be called that- and her eyebrows rose steadily.

She yelped and tried to jump out of the way when the "Cheese Man" scrambled at her feet, completely taken aback.

Wrinkling her nose, she stepped warily into Jack's home. "Well. This is...lovely," she muttered, one eyebrow quirked up.

visualspice

"Ugh.. I can't believe the rotten luck I've got... and of all squatters the stinky old Cheese Man decided to make home here!" he griped, and continued to root around for any more cheese or unorthodox things that might be hiding in the nook and crannies of his home.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"You street fighters sure are a creative lot when it comes to naming things," Fiona muttered sarcastically.

Cautiously inching forward, she held a hand up to her nose. "God, is that stuff everywhere?"

visualspice

"Yes... yes it is.." he went on nasally, his own nose being pinched. Then he narrowed his eyes at her. "Whadya mean street fighters? Who said I fight in the streets?"

DragonSong

She rolled her eyes. "Forgive me. I'm sure you use some incredibly sophisticated ring or another," she muttered.

visualspice

"Not really," he went on, grimacing at each rotten treasure he found. "Normally there's not even a thing to divide the fighters from the crowd."

DragonSong

"So...it is street fighting, then?" Fiona wheedled, wrinkling her nose at a piece of cheese she almost stepped on.

visualspice

He looked at her from over his shoulder, "these look like streets to you?"

DragonSong

"Well, what would you call it then?" she asked, exasperated, planting her hands on her hips. "It's certainly not house fighting."

visualspice

Jack rolled his eyes.
"I don't do fighting here. That's even deeper in this underbelly."

DragonSong

"Fine fine. As you like." Fiona waved a hand at him, bending to pick another piece of cheese out from under what appeared to be old clothes.

visualspice

Jack was more or less beginning to kick things aside until he could see the tattered floor rugs underneath. Insects writhed back into places to hide when unearthed, while Jack moved on to mull over his bed.

"Not sure I can salvage these pillows after the Cheese man's been sleeping on 'em," Jack said, and began to toss them clean out of the make shift tent home.

DragonSong

She hovered a little awkwardly, not liking being left without a task. "What can I do?"

visualspice

"I don't know. I'm exhausted. Maybe we can just sleep that off then figure out how to finish cleaning this place up. Though I'm tempted to just abandon it now." He wasn't a fan of house work, after all. If he were, he wouldn't have been living in this ratty underground tent.

DragonSong

"I wouldn't mind a nap," Fiona admitted. They'd had a rather long few days.

She took another look around his home. "It's not totally unsalvagable. You shouldn't give up so quickly."

visualspice

"I'm too tired to even give up," he groaned, and looked around to see if any part of the place was salvageable. "I'll need to get new pillows," he went on with a sigh, and took to the driest looking part of the tented home that rested nearby a cold, shadowed wall.

"I guess here's as good as anyplace," he went on, stifling a yawn. "Just find a place and get comfy. Tomorrow, I feel... its' gonna be a long day."

DragonSong

She sighed and looked around for something that might be acceptable to sleep on. Jack seemed to have picked the best spot, so she gingerly sank down a bit to his left, drawing her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on them.

"G'night then..."

visualspice

Jack rolled his shoulders, cracking them, then his neck. Then he stretched out his arms and cracked his hands and elbows too before settling back in and closing his eyes with a grunted, "Goodnight."
He bowed his head forward, arms folded over his chest.

And it was quiet down here, except the subtle flicker of flames from the torches that lined the halls of Uthlyn's underbelly. And the occasional scurry of rats, and the flutter of a bat; along with drunken men pissing in the halls....
Yep, other than that, it was silent as could be.
And to Jack, who was already snoring away, it was Home sweet home.

DragonSong

It took her awhile to get to sleep. She would have tossed and turned, but their really wasn't room for it, so she just curled into an ever tighter ball on the floor.

Finally though, she managed to doze off in odd, fitful dreams about being chased down dark corridors made of cheese by rats with fluttering wings.