Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in your Pants

Started by visualspice, April 24, 2013, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"What!?" Rain quickly grew angry, his face heating red. "Hey! Did you forget who's the captain here? I gave an order! Now GIVE ME THE ROCK!" And he grabbed for it again.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Roberto placed his hands on his hips.
"Listen to Russo and stop acting like a five year old or I am going to get naked!" Roberto threatened while snapping his fingers before starting to take his vest off.

visualspice

Rain gasped and reared back, appalled Roberto was showing skin.
"Put it back on, put it back on!" the man demanded. Then he growled at the pair of them. "The two of you need to learn to listen to me. I'm the captain of this ship, and I give the orders. Now, put your vest back on; and YOU," he shoved a finger in Russo's face before yanking the rock from it, though instead of procuring it, he accidently sent it SAILING into the air, and it looked about ready to fly clean off the boat.
It landed on the edge, skidded to a halt, before teetering just at the edge.

A moment later, as it barely clung onto the boat, Selaina's voice came through.
"Hello?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Russo was positively livid when the "Captain" had the gall to snatch the rock from his hand.  Goddamn him, he'd been distracted for a second, surprised Roberto had actually listened and proceeded to undress.  But thankfully it also distracted Rain enough to get his attention back to the matter at hand.  When the rock began to sail out toward the edge of the room, toward a large hole in the hull of the lower deck, Russo felt his heart drop down into his stomach, as if he'd just eaten a mouthful of sand.

"No!"  He immediately lunged for the rock and grabbed it just as it's teetering nearly threw it over the edge.  He snatched it with gentle fingers and nearly dropped it again until he cradled it against his chest.  "Gods, you IDIOT!  Ugh,  Hello!  Miss Selaina!  We're here.  The rest of the crew that is!  This idiot almost threw your rock overboard!"  He stood up and staggered over to Rain once again.  "SPEAK!  You fool!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Leaving Roberto behind (for he was afraid he'd start to undress...), Rain rushed over to the newest crew member, Russo. Giving him a glare, then an indignant sniff, he reached for the rock again and tried to yank it from his hands.
"Fine!" But when it wouldn't budge, he began to growl, and instead, just yanked Russo's hand and the rock closer to him as he cleared his throat to speak to 'the rock'.

"Hello?"

Seliana, who was still in dire straights and not certain what the hell was going on the other side of the rock, heard the second voice again and replied back with another quick and breathy, desperate sounding, "Hello?! Russo!?"

Rain growled, "No, this is Rain, the Captain of this vessel- Conrad's Coin. We're a vessel that sails upon the sands-"

"So a sand ship?" she repeated his words smartly. "Look, I know all about that stuff. But I need help! I'm stuck in the city with a whole bunch of men after me. They're looking for me and the rocks-"

"Look, be quiet a moment if you want my help!" Rain growled, trying to shake the rock as if he could shake the woman on the other side before he looked up at Russo and gave the man a glare. Then he went back to speaking.
"Look, you're not the only one needing help. We're cursed on this ship, and if we don't load this boat with treasure, we'll be stuck here forever. So how about we cut a deal?"

A moment later, Selaina was swearing, and the sounds of her boots could be heard against the sand stone grounds. Rain couldn't put two and two together and grew impatient with her lack of a response.
"Well!?" he said, attempting to shake the rock again.

paganchick

Roberto had put back on his vest, but left it unbuttoned, showing off a bit of his chest and abdominals, just as warning to Rain.
"She is running you dim witted fool,"Roberto snapped at Rain as he stood with his arms crossed beside the two men.

visualspice

Growling, Rain shook the rock in Russo' s hand again.
"Well stop running and start listening to me so we can help each other out!"

Lion

"Just be patient," Russo growled, growing very impatient, and even slammed the rock against Rain's head.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The rock hurt as Rain swore up a storm, glaring daggers at Russo as he shoved his shoulder into the taller man, only to realize Russo was made of solid muscle, compared to Rain, who was anything but, and here he ended up hurting himself. Cursing and swearing and rubbing at his forearm, he glared down at the rock.

"I... I think I might have lost the men!" Selaina said with a pant. "But I don't know how much longer I can throw them off my trail. Does anyone there know the city of Essyrn intimately?"

"The city? Pfff, but of course. Most of us.." he said, then glared over at their knew comer, Russo, "Know enough about the city. So... what sort of gold do you aim to steal for us?"

Selaina went quiet, then responded, "I need to find a place to hide. Does anyone there know what I should do? These men seem dangerous..."

Rain growled, growing more impatient as he grabbed ontt he rock, hoping to snatch it from Russo, "NOw you listen here, you help us, we'll help you, but not the other way around! First, tell us how you plan to get us some gold!"

After a few minutes, an irritated growl came through.
"Can I speak to Russo, please?"
Rain glared at the rock, and finally secured it for himself, glaring back at Russo.

"No, you can't talk to him until we come to some sort of agreement. Now..." he said, drawing in a careful breath. "Are you up to stealing us a ship full of gold?"

The only response came as an irritated growled.

Lion

Russo grinned with mild amusement as the "Captain" was only growing more and more irritated at the lack of results by the woman on the other line.  But it quickly faded when she asked to address him and still Rain refused to release his hand.  Russo smashed the rock against his head once more and shoved his head away with the other hand as he snatched the rock back . Holding it to his ear, he cast a glare Rain's way before turning his attention back to Selaina.  "Go head!  This is Russo!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Rain stumbled back in a daze, and once he saw Russo had the rock again, his face burned with fury.
"HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!" and he launched himself at the other pirate.

Lion

Russo didn't waste any time throwing Rain unceremoniously on the ground and when he was down there, Russo promptly sat on him in the hopes to keep him there.  "Yes! Miss Selaina I'm here!  You're free to go ahead!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Selaina sighed with relief into the rock, and found herself smiling, hearing Rain struggle and just imagining what was going on.
"Thank the Gods," she muttered, wiping the sweat from her brow. "Are you able to help me? I won't mind helping..w hatever it is I can do for you and your crew with whatever curse you are suffering, but right now there are men out to kill me. Is there anyone on board the ship familiar with the city of Essyrn who could help guide me safely out of the city? Or to a place that's safe at all?"

Lion

Russo gave a frown and smashed his butt down harder on Rain to keep him quiet despite the man's struggle.  "Relax!" he growled.  He frowned deeper and spoke into the rock once more.  "I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help to you," Russo answered unsatisfactory.  "I'm new to the desert myself.  But ...this is a ship after all!  There's got to be maps somewhere, maybe one of Essyrn!  Rain!  Is there a map of Essyrn on this city!?  Roberto could you check his desk?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Ha! I know Essyrn like the back of my hand, but that doesn't mean I'm about to help any of you!" Rain spat, then groaned out when Russo squashed him beneath his ass.

Selaina smirked on the other end of the rock. She kept it pressed to her ear, looking around as she sighed.
"A map might be good," she said, then chuckled and added, "And a drink. Gods, I'm not one for ale, but I feel as if I could use a whole bunch after this!"

paganchick

Robert was silent as he watched the two. He doubted he would ever get bored now that Russo was on board.
"Rain, dear, you forget, I also know Essyrn like the back of my hand, and I will help the poor girl out." Roberto said raising an eyebrow.
"And if you try to stop us, well, I guess you are going to see more of me than you ever wanted to!" Roberto said as he howled in laughter.

Lion

Russo gave a satisfied grin - mostly from relief - to know that at least Roberto had more brains than their sorry excuse for a Captain.  "Good!  Here!  Selaina this is Roberto and he'd be able to help you where I can't," Russo said as he handed off the rock to him.  He turned his head to peer down at Rain as he struggled underneath him.  "You better relax, or I'll sit on your face!" he growled and slapped his face.  "Now quit struggling!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Selaina managed to catch Russo's words as she laughed.
"If you sit on his face, be sure to fart on it!"
So it was childish, but heck- who cared! Whoever that 'Rain' fellow was, was a jerk! And once she rock was passed over, she sighed to collect herself.
"Hello?" she said. "Am I speaking with Roberto?" Then she paused to think it over- "Man,t here are a lot of R names on that ship... anyways, so you know Essyrn?"

paganchick

"Yeah girl, its Roberto," Roberto spoke, his free hand placed on his hip.
"Now, can you describe what you see, so I can get a general abouts of where you are," He added a moment later, his voice full of sassiness.

visualspice

"Uh..." Selaina began, blinking as she peered around. "There's a lot of sand stone walls." She sighed. " I know that's not much help. Here, let me get back into the street to see what I can find as far as a land mark. Ah! I see something... hrmm, looks like I'm near some sort of bazarr?"