Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in your Pants

Started by visualspice, April 24, 2013, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

"Well there are several  bazarrs there hun, well, is it big, small? Can you see a giant statue towering in the middle?" Roberto asked.

visualspice

"Uh.. pretty large I'd say!" Elaina spoke into the rock with some enthusiasm as she huffed and puffed. "And yeah, I see the statue in the center. What about it?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"Well at least now I know where you are, you are in the smack dab middle of town," Roberto replied as his face drew up in a sort of frown.
"Do you know what direction you are in? like the southern side, northern side so on so forth, can you tell that much?"

visualspice

Roberto would have been able to hear a few more of her breaths as she informed him, "The North." And he paused to add, "I think." Tucking back her hair, she peered out in worry. "Well, at least I know where I am. But are you able to navigate me to some place of safety? I can't let my magical rock fall into the wrong hands- and these men are persistent. We flew all the way from Adela on the backs of dragons. And boy, I've never done that before, but let me tell you- it was quite a ride!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

They were talking loud enough for the whole world to hear and when Russo heard the words Adela and Dragons, he sat up again.  He strode over to Roberto and leaned in to talk into the rock.  "Did you say dragons?  What sorts of dragons?  Did they have any sort of regalia on them?  Maybe they were from the Adelan army?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"I'm pretty sure these men aren't from the army. More like thugs. Dragon riding thugs."

Lion

"Makes you wonder.  Just where n the hell did they get the dragons," Russo said thooughtfully.  He shook his head.  "Anything more you can tell us that might let us help you?  I'm afraid a direct retrieval isn't really an option and even if it was, it probably wouldn't be a good idea either."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Thiadis

Sunlight.

Naturally, rumors of dark magic just had to lead her towards a place full of sunlight. Thiadis, hidden under a large cloak, thrust her burning hands under her arms and sniffed the air. What little relief the shade that the central statue cast was overwhelmed by the vast number of people crowding the bazaar. Women shouting at their stalls, men arguing by their shops, sweat, sand, throbbing heartbeats, rotting foods, barking dogs, swirling colors, chaos.

And yet, there was a trace to the north. She felt the presence of a strong enchantment tugging at the corners of her mind, all pointing north. Perhaps her journey was not a waste after all. Would there be any payoff? she wondered. A bit of knowledge, a pretty trinket, anything?

Thiadis scooped up her journal, shouldered her bulging canvas pack and picked her way among the crowd towards the scent of magic.

visualspice

Hearing someone approach, Selaina cursed and retreated back down the way she came, only problem was she nearly ran full force into another woman as she ended up dropping the rock as it tumbled with a few.painful clicks upon the street. Giving out a half apology, Selaina scrambled to scoop up the rock and to keep moving, but the second she rounded the bend, she was cursing again.

"Damn, these men are hot on my tail!" And her eyes darted around for a place to make a quick retreat.

Thiadis

"That was certainly an unorthodox introduction," Thiadis muttered as she gingerly picked herself up off the ground. Several ragged bound books had erupted from her green bag and a shrunken head gleefully bounced towards the bend in the street.

"Now, Gladys, where are you going?" A smile curved across her lips. The magicks were close, she could feel.

After shaking the sand out of her black skirt and shoving the books back into her bag, she began to pursue after the running woman. In the shadows, she remained, and she thought she heard the woman mention something about men and tails. Tails?

"Excuse me!" Thiadis called out to the running woman. "Your tail does not interest me! I merely wish to speak with you."

visualspice

Selaina hadn't noticed the shrunken head, being too submerged in her own situation, but when the woman called out to her, Selaina gave an anxious sigh.
"Look.. can we chat later? I kind of have a bunch of really angry men on my trail and I'm not about to get caught." And then she paused and hastily added, "That's to say, I'm not a thief or anything! You see those men after me.. they're the thieves and well-"

She couldn't continue on with that thought as she heard the men coming down the ally. Without a second thought, she jumped behind a large crate to hide. And over to the woman she called, "If they ask.. I'm not here!"

And seconds later, two large men, obviously Adelan, appeared with eyes cleaving the area. They turned to the woman now standing there and asked,
"You see a blonde woman 'round here? About this tall and was running by real fast."

Thiadis

Thiadis slowly pushed back her hood, revealing piercing white eyes that stared sharply at the two men. One hand combing through her silver hair and the other lazily reached into a pouch hooked to her belt. The runes tattooed on her knuckles glowed faintly.

Thugs. How droll.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Thiadis sighed. "I do think I'm lost. Could you two come here and help me?" Her voice had dropped, low and melodious.

visualspice

The men grew annoyed at the woman and pushed past her.
"Ask a local, we're busy!" One of the men spat, eyes still looking around before cursing.
"Fuck. I think we lost her!"

Thiadis

Thiadis stumbled as they shoved past her.

"Very, very rude." Her lips contorted into a snarl.

Glittering black powder flew out of her left hand, hitting the men directly in the back of their heads.

Mearan-cadail!

Dust solidified into contorted dark figures that raked sharp talons across the men's faces, nightmarish wails coming from the demons' gaping jaws.

Thiadis smoothed out her black skirt and held a hand out in the blonde woman's direction. "Time to run?"

visualspice

Selaina had seen it all and was left gaping. But she sobered the moment Thiadis spoke to her. Closing her lips, she gave a nod and dashed out from the shadows.
"Couldn't have said it better myself!" she called to the other woman as he began to run down the nearest alleyway. "Say- what did you do to those guys anyway? That was a pretty neat trick!"

Thiadis

"Nightmare powder!" Her reply was a touch too cheerful, considering the gruesome effect it had. "Basic alchemy, picked up the recipe in a Zantaric market. Dash of blood, mix in some primal fear..."

She halted suddenly as something round flung itself at the back of her leg.

"Sorry, darling." Thiadis cradled the head in her hands, blowing sand off its patchy red hair. She then glanced curiously at Selaina. "Would you mind terribly if I asked you what you have in your pocket?"

visualspice

Sorry, darling?
Selaina was about to answer her until she heard that reply. Blinking,s he turned to regard the other woman curiously when she nearly tripped over her own two feet at the sight of the shrunken head.
"Oh my God! What is that?"
And she might have said that a bit too loudly, for behind them echoed the thug's voices.

"I hear her! She's that away!"

Thiadis

The man's voice made her freeze, igniting a furious scramble of partially imagined escape plans and frantic mumbling.

"Killing? No, killing bad. Flogging not on the agenda...no, ah, well..."

She paused to coolly study Selaina. Without blinking, she yanked out a strand of the other woman's blonde hair and wrapped it around the shrunken head. A quick toss sent it rolling down the street. Thiadis tackled Selaina into the corner of alley, partially concealed by the shadows, and gripped her arm tightly.

"I must apologize for my lack of social decorum, but don't you dare make a sound."

Where her macabre companion lay now stood a ghostly projection of Selaina. Thiadis slammed her eyes shut and concentrated. Now solidified, the figure walked towards the direction of the thugs with the look of anxiety on the mask of her face.

visualspice

Seliana hardly had a chance to protest as the other peculiar woman whisked her away. And through surprise she watched as another figure of herself appeared. And she was just as baffled as the men were as her magical doppelganger was heading right for them!

The men all did a double take, before one of them realized-
"Grab her!" And with an evil cackle they did. And at the sight of it Selaina's heart leaped into her throat.

"How.. how did you do that?" she asked in scarcely a whisper. And although she was surprised and scared witless as she was running for her life- she was clearly impressed!

Thiadis

"The joys of not...quite being human," Thiadis muttered between gritted teeth. She cradled her head, struggling to concentrate and give Selaina a few moments of rest. New streaks of white cut through her dark hair. The heat was oppressive, even in her diaphanous dress, and the air felt like mortar in her throat.

Images seen through the doppelganger overlapped with her own surroundings. Five minutes in, and she was already weary. Ten minutes, her energy would begin to severely fade. It was best to stop then.

"Twenty...thirty minutes, maximum." Her whisper was hoarse and distracted. "Find a place to hide. It will be Gladys that they find in your place."

She chuckled weakly and wrapped herself in her cloak. "Poor Gladys...never popular with the boys..."